NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelly Oubre 2020-2021 Outlook

26 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Whiteside says "hi" (from the bench)

lol, Whiteside be looking at Oubre's minutes and wondering if he could make at least 1/14 treys before his coach boots his butt back to the bench.

In all seriousness, been watching Oubre's games and it's really just an issue of him making stuff.  I know it's incredibly obvious, but Oubre's not taking bad shots (e.g. long twos).  His makes are mostly dunks off slashing or putbacks.  His misses are treys or because he drives to the rim against a swarm of defenders and gets blocked trying to find a foul call.  

Downside is really that he's taking heavy volumes of bricks and his confidence looks shot.  Opponents are starting to realize he can't shoot to save his life and they're sagging off badly on him.  We really, really need to see Dray back to find out how Oubre plays alongside a ball-facilitator.  Either the spacing gets even worse, or Dray's able to distribute to Curry treys, which trickles down to Oubre being more open when opponents sag off him to cover Curry.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Marcus Smart playing at 5:00 EST so he can bring my FG% back up.

Timeline of when I drafted him to now.

So ya'll playing for tacos eh?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AstroWorld said:

Just sent 2 offers for this guy:

1. Bledsoe for Oubre

2. Kemba Walker & Cameron Johnson for Oubre

Not sure if to buy low or stay away lol 

Stay away

This team has zero chemistry and has a lot to figure out, but it'll happen. They spent 70 mil plus just in luxury taxes alone to get Oubre. He has one of the longest leashes in the league. And he's doing great in the counting stats despite the slump. 4 steals today just won my category which makes up for him killing my fg%. His ceiling is 50 or 60 picks higher that those other guys

Edit: misread that trade. If you're playing smart owners they're gonna be annoyed you lowballed em that much

Edited by pushaZ
22 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Stay away

This team has zero chemistry and has a lot to figure out, but it'll happen. They spent 70 mil plus just in luxury taxes alone to get Oubre. He has one of the longest leashes in the league. And he's doing great in the counting stats despite the slump. 4 steals today just won my category which makes up for him killing my fg%. His ceiling is 50 or 60 picks higher that those other guys

Edit: misread that trade. If you're playing smart owners they're gonna be annoyed you lowballed em that much

Lol I have smart, both offers were to the same oubre owner. Would the oubre owner take either deal?

1 hour ago, AstroWorld said:

Lol I have smart, both offers were to the same oubre owner. Would the oubre owner take either deal?

You offered Bledsoe, who is playing worse than Oubre. And was drafted 15-25 spots later.

You offered Kemba, who was just shown on Christmas to millions of people sitting in a red suit and Mike Breen saying "he'll be out a long while" on the telecast.

I mean if I'm the Oubre owner who had an ADP ~50-65, wouldn't an offer be somebody like Plumlee or Dillon Brooks? Someone that is outperforming their ADP right now?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, bbythepier said:

You offered Bledsoe, who is playing worse than Oubre. And was drafted 15-25 spots later.

You offered Kemba, who was just shown on Christmas to millions of people sitting in a red suit and Mike Breen saying "he'll be out a long while" on the telecast.

I mean if I'm the Oubre owner who had an ADP ~50-65, wouldn't an offer be somebody like Plumlee or Dillon Brooks? Someone that is outperforming their ADP right now?

This forum is full of cool story bro noobs now.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

just so we non owners know..who exactly are you guys are accepting/have accepted for Oubre?

I just moved Ben Simmons + Mikal Bridges for Dejounte Murray + Kelly Oubre in a 18 team League.  I’m hoping Bridges cools off and I’m confident Oubre will pick it up.

If not, my team wasn’t good enough to compete anyways due to some draft day errors so I’m fine with the risk/reward.

1 hour ago, JRICHMYSON said:

someone in my league just dropped him. Putting ateast $10 on him. Hes got a long leash IMO

My goodness 🤦‍♂️ . Why? And if I were you I’d put at least 26 on that. That owners is going to regret just dropping him for nothing.

2 hours ago, fabrar said:

I'm thinking about offering rozier for him but at this point I don't even know lol. Rozier actually looks pretty good as the 2nd option in Charlotte 

I did this trade. I offered rozier for oubre after that first game, and the trade was accepted on christmas day lol

16 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

My goodness 🤦‍♂️ . Why? And if I were you I’d put at least 26 on that. That owners is going to regret just dropping him for nothing.

the man called me a clown for offering him mikal bridges.. when he dropped him for miles lol

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Did the same and it got rejected. Thinking about offering OG...

I’m expecting a rejection as well. That’s a tough one I’m high on OG but I’m expecting an explosion from Oubre once Draymond is back