NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jusuf Nurkic 2020-2021 Outlook

Johnnyapplebot

Just now, bballmaster said:

I really hope this guy gets fueled by the fact enes kantar is taking his minutes and finishing games....I’m trying my best to be optimistic about this guy. Enes is just showing 100% effort and hes not out of shape. Nurkic needs to step it up.

start watching games, and stop resorting to wishful fantastical dreams. nurk just sucks.

5 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

kanter is a better player. he should be starting. nurk should be at a gym trying to shed 89 lbs.

You’re deluded pal. Kanter is one of the worst defenders in the league. How many points have the Blazers given up with him out there? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

You’re deluded pal. Kanter is one of the worst defenders in the league. How many points have the Blazers given up with him out there? 

quick maths.

kanter 24 mins -4
lardic 23 mins -14

🤣

Edited by TroutFister
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This

Every time he was out there, we went at him. Over and over and over

He rounded well though, especially offensively

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Man am I the only one who doesn't think he's as out of shape as joker was at the 1st half of last season? Dude looks unmotivated.. first time nurkic owner, so i never really watched him when he was the dominate big prior to his injury. 

I agree.  He doesn't actually look that fat.  He's nowhere near the size he was in his Denver/early Portland days but he could very well be unfit or not up to the level he was at in the bubble.  There are times the past few games where he just looks lethargic and slow off the mark.  I think that's one of the reasons why he's back to his old foul prone habits, he's not getting into position quick enough when the opposition attacks the rim.

When he was coming back from the leg injury he was doing an insane amount of conditioning work in the last few months he was ramping up to getting cleared for on-court contact work.  He's probably lost a bit of that during the off season.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Thanks 1

I would imagine being home and dealing with the passing of his grandmother in the offseason could have some impact to his mentality and his shape too. Can't imagine how else he could have lost all that motivation, he's clearly got the talent and there's not as much options for us frustrated owners than to just ride it out. 

Edited by m1dday
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I would imagine being home and dealing with the passing of his grandmother in the offseason could have some impact to his mentality and his shape too. Can't imagine how else he could have lost all that motivation, he's clearly got the talent and there's not as much options for us frustrated owners than to just ride it out. 

I remember Nurkic talking about how he didn't want to play after the passing of his grandmother but he turned that into motivation. He was truly inspired in the bubble. I have to wonder if his head is in the right place now. Maybe it could be a multitude of things including learning a new system. It's not looking good now but I hope he figures it out.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I remember Nurkic talking about how he didn't want to play after the passing of his grandmother but he turned that into motivation. He was truly inspired in the bubble. I have to wonder if his head is in the right place now. Maybe it could be a multitude of things including learning a new system. It's not looking good now but I hope he figures it out.

Oh for sure, I remember that. Might be a stretch, but I'm just thinking of it in terms of being at home and seeing family etc. could have got him back into that negative headspace again. But yeah, either way - I'm holding steady since I got him as a keeper from last year on the cheap in an auction draft. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Oh for sure, I remember that. Might be a stretch, but I'm just thinking of it in terms of being at home and seeing family etc. could have got him back into that negative headspace again. But yeah, either way - I'm holding steady since I got him as a keeper from last year on the cheap in an auction draft. 

Yup, I agree this could be the case. He's been absolutely terrible at the ft line as well and the negative headspace could play a role in this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

You guys are really overreacting. 

Allow the guy to play 15 games to get into shape before castrating him and throwing him to the wolves.

Or sell low.  It's up to you.

People like to meme now, it is funny and sad at the same time.

I miss the days when there were more insights/discussions than memes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

You guys are really overreacting. 

Allow the guy to play 15 games to get into shape before castrating him and throwing him to the wolves.

Or sell low.  It's up to you.

You know **** has hit the fan when summersoft is telling us to not overreact

• Haha 3

Crazy to me with the way that you some of you guys think and talk. Not gonna lie though I feel some of your guys’ frustration cause a lot of us drafted or even reached for him early so it’s annoying that he’s playing this bad but some of you guys gotta be a patient. Some players just start slow at the beginning of a season or don’t spend the offseason doing what they’re supposed to be doing and it takes them a portion of the season to get back into shape. 

Willing to bet the money I’m gonna win this year in my leagues that by around game 15/20 nurk is gonna be filling out stacked lines. Just gonna take some time. He’s finishing top 30 during the playoffs and that’s all that matters as long as you guys didn’t draft a dog poop of a team. Happy Sunday family

I have seen Nurk going in 3rd round and I thought WOW. Basically, thats his ceiling and the floor is what he produce now. Thats a huge gap. He cant turn it around  that much now you know. He may be in top50 but he may be outside 100. 

He should be drafted in 5th and 6th round and thats it. Thats where he belongs