NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jusuf Nurkic 2020-2021 Outlook

Johnnyapplebot

35 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

I ain't feeling this line like everybody else. I need the points, fg%, and blks to start increasing. I ain't fooled by a 12/11/6 on 6/15 fg. This doesn't go towards correcting his expected statline.

It's still encouraging that he was able to get that much usage. If he made another 2 more shots, he would have been 16/11/6 on 8/15 shooting, and nearly took as many shots as Lillard.

3 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

It's still encouraging that he was able to get that much usage. If he made another 2 more shots, he would have been 16/11/6 on 8/15 shooting, and nearly took as many shots as Lillard.

Having watched the entire game, some of those "shots" were questionable decisions or awkward attempts. Give me a couple of bunny alley oops over those weird  5ft attempts through Wendall Carter's arms.

7 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Is he really a trade high right now?

I tried to trade for him and I feel any buy low window closed, but the owner didn’t bite before so it wasn’t here to begin with. 

Keep in mind he had a great game against the Bulls and WCJ. He could revert against the Kings. 

Ok ok ok 
Some great signs last night

looked a bit sharper ✔️
28 mins ✔️
15 fg att ✔️
no foul trouble✔️
assists fine ✔️
reb fine ✔️
no stocks tho 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3

Looked much better and line would have been better had he not missed some easy looks around the basket. Could have had a bunch of blocks but was a bit slow to react. Once he is fully up to speed he will crush

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Looked much better and line would have been better had he not missed some easy looks around the basket. Could have had a bunch of blocks but was a bit slow to react. Once he is fully up to speed he will crush

I'm not panicking at all... but u think it's a bad idea trading him for J. Brown ? I'm having an offer

22 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I'm not panicking at all... but u think it's a bad idea trading him for J. Brown ? I'm having an offer

Not a bad trade at all. I do think Brown comes back to earth a little bit but you can't go wrong he has all the opportunity in the world 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

No brainier if you can handle losing your number 1 or 2 center, IMO. Take Brown. They’re probably thinking they’re selling high bc Kemba Walker is coming back and they think Brown’s usage will go down. You can flip Brown later on after Kemba comes back and inevitably takes a while to return to form.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I wouldn’t if it’s going to leave you thin at C.  Brown’s not going to shoot 56% on 18 FGA ROS so the PPG will go down several points.  Tatum is still the alpha on their squad.  Are you willing to bet JB can drain 42% of shots from deep?  That is a 4% increase from last season (I’ll take the under). He looks well-positioned to maintain top-50 ROS but he’s still a 71% shooter from the stripe on 4+ attempts which continues to weigh his value down.  

Bubble Nurk isn’t going to be a thing this season, true, but even at 28 MPG he can still be a top-30 player.  Saying Brown’s upside > Nurk doesn’t seem well founded, imo.  I’m going to be very amused by all the reactionary posts ITT later on this season.  

Edited by 80version
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a Nurk owner, but the guy who has him in my league wants Siakam for Nurk. Thinking about pulling the trigger as Siakam has been kind of underwhelming for almost a season and a half now

35 minutes ago, 80version said:

I wouldn’t if it’s going to leave you thin at C.  Brown’s not going to shoot 56% on 18 FGA ROS so the PPG will go down several points.  Tatum is still the alpha on their squad.  Are you willing to bet JB can drain 42% of shots from deep?  That is a 4% increase from last season (I’ll take the under). He looks well-positioned to maintain top-50 ROS but he’s still a 71% shooter from the stripe on 4+ attempts which continues to weigh his value down.  

Bubble Nurk isn’t going to be a thing this season, true, but even at 28 MPG he can still be a top-30 player.  Saying Brown’s upside > Nurk doesn’t seem well founded, imo.  I’m going to be very amused by all the reactionary posts ITT later on this season.  

My thoughts exactly Brown is at 57.7fg%. It's just insane.
When he drops to last seasons 49-50% that's like 4 points less... back to 22p - 5reb - 3as 1.5s and lets say 2 3pm (but really closer to 1.0 than 2.0).
SUPERB numbers but just walk in the park for healthy Nurk (except for points and 3's)
Tnx man, great post

Edited by Stefan