Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jusuf Nurkic 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Don't know why I trusted that bum Josh Lloyd but the way he was suc**** Nurk off made him seem like the second coming of prime Larry Bird. Never ever trust these so called "experts" or injury prone dudes always fails

Not a Josh Lloyd fan at all (a few of my family members/friends love him tho), but how can he be blamed for an injury or Nurkic having unfortunate issues back at home which caused him to be out of shape? 

Nurkic when he is on his game is really really good.  This was just an unlucky freak injury.  Of course he should not have been a 2nd round target.  So yes Josh's hype on that was too much.  But Nurk is a beast. No shame to have selected him in the 3rd/4th.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all drafted Bubble Nurk and instead got Bubblebutt Nurk.  Lets use this forum as a support network.    Group hugs for all 

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I Got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window And I can't see at all And even if I could it'll all be gray Put your picture on my wall It reminds me

Nothing on pornhub either. I'll keep monitoring...

Posted Images

this sucks so hard

im out here offering booker/brogdon for guys like holmes and no ones taking it

Edited by L3onD
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, royalm said:

Those with IR spot(s)...holding despite COVID season right? I have two and pretty sure I don't want him to hit the waiver

Correct me if I'm wrong but eight to ten weeks pins a return around mid-late March (optimistically) with at least one, best case scenario two months left of regular season no (NBA schedule plans for last day of reg season to be May 16th I think)? If we see the regular season postponed for a bit, Nurk might come back with even more games to be played

My league has 3 IR spots currently occupied by JJJ, Sexton and Westbrook. If you have someone returning soon keep Nurk but if you feel like you will get crushed move on

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Not a Josh Lloyd fan at all (a few of my family members/friends love him tho), but how can he be blamed for an injury or Nurkic having unfortunate issues back at home which caused him to be out of shape? 

Nurkic when he is on his game is really really good.  This was just an unlucky freak injury.  Of course he should not have been a 2nd round target.  So yes Josh's hype on that was too much.  But Nurk is a beast. No shame to have selected him in the 3rd/4th.

Just frustrated because he hyped the sh** out of him and i looked at when Nurk was healthy and his numbers were juicy. Not only has he been bad but now he is injured long term again. I took Nurk 2 picks before Sabonis 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very sad to hear this news.
No, I'm not an Nurk owner, but as a new member this was my favourite topic to read. Real roller coaster of emotions.  

See you all in Kyrie/Ayton/LMA/Covington or some other thread!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stefan said:

WTF is with ESPN blurb ?

8 weeks is right after the Blazers final - regular season game ?!?!

theyre retarded, thats what it is...

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

if you have ir spots, no. you'll still get weeks 13--16 and the playoffs based on the 8 weeks reported.

Ironically enough, I have a grand total of 5, but 4 are for COVID. The other one already taken up by a sickly Spur. But -- not to derail the thread further on my part -- my team is a trainwreck with or without Nurk, so perhaps it might not hurt keeping him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, L3onD said:

theyre retarded, thats what it is...

 

The NBA has only announced the first half schedule of regular season games for the season, so they could plan around the virus.  The NBA plans to announce the second half schedule around the all star break in early March.  For those who think the season ends in March, well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

 

The NBA has only announced the first half schedule of regular season games for the season, so they could plan around the virus.  The NBA plans to announce the second half schedule around the all star break in early March.  For those who think the season ends in March, well.

Hopefully they take a 2-3 week pause and maybe someone like Nurk returns and helps for the second half. Doubt they will Silver is obsessed with pushing through as is

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Ive lost Nurk and Jarrett Allen in a couple of days.

Ouch

Cool story bro. 
 
The 8 week (minimum) timeline means he is out through the break and coming back soon after, unless there’s a setback.  I think Portland’s playoff prospects will loom large over Nurk’s value in terms of fantasy.  Owners have to pray the Blazers are contending for seeding so there’s motivation to bring him along quickly to ramp up for their PO push.  Their team has not looked good early on and they’ll be without one of their best players for the next 30 games or so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it’s too early to tell but I’m expecting there will be potential massive value for Nurk in next year’s draft since a lot of mgrs will be worried about taking an “injury prone” big in the early rounds.  History has shown the market tends to overreact to these situations.  

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 80version said:

Also, it’s too early to tell but I’m expecting there will be potential massive value for Nurk in next year’s draft since a lot of mgrs will be worried about taking an “injury prone” big in the early rounds.  History has shown the market tends to overreact to these situations.  

Well what do you expect.

Last season only played 8 games. This season currently at 12 maybe at most get 25 games from him in 2 years. So in 144 games he will have possibly played 37?

Yuck.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Got an IR spot to stash him.  10 weeks would mean he's back for the 1st round of my league's playoffs 

Yes... But recovery time goes from 8weeks to 3 months

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yes... But recovery time goes from 8weeks to 3 months

I read "will miss at least 8 weeks" as he'll miss at least 8 weeks of playing games.  As in; there's a possibility he could be back in 9 or 10 weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PUNTSQUAD said:

I read "will miss at least 8 weeks" as he'll miss at least 8 weeks of playing games.  As in; there's a possibility he could be back in 9 or 10 weeks 

Thats best case scenario... But ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy in my league has absolutely no C depth behind Nurk so Im thinking of buying extremely low. 8 week timeline would put his return around end of week 12, should have about a month to ramp up before fantasy playoffs. And if they ever pause the season for covid that would be huge for him too. You guys with 2 or more IR spots what would it take to get him off your hands if you needed another C? Would Deandre Jordan or Montrezl interest yall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The guy in my league has absolutely no C depth behind Nurk so Im thinking of buying extremely low. 8 week timeline would put his return around end of week 12, should have about a month to ramp up before fantasy playoffs. And if they ever pause the season for covid that would be huge for him too. You guys with 2 or more IR spots what would it take to get him off your hands if you needed another C? Would Deandre Jordan or Montrezl interest yall?

The fat jokes will also ramp up before fantasy playoffs lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Well what do you expect.

Last season only played 8 games. This season currently at 12 maybe at most get 25 games from him in 2 years. So in 144 games he will have possibly played 37?

Yuck.
 

DND from now on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...