NBC Sports Edge Forums

Breakout Candidates 2020-2021

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude, welcome to the forum, but please, don't use that much line-spacing, it turns your posts into a damn medieval poem. and it gives me OCD.  thank you.

Bagley is an Aliexpress version of Isaac.

I usually try to avoid the very clear and popular break out candidates, as they tend to get overdrafted either way. Here’s my list for 2020-2021. Please check back in for updated lists and new suggest

Aaron Gordon was top 60 without Jonathan Isaac last year and it is possible he takes another step forward this year. This guy isn't a breakout canidate but is a draft day value but Terrence Ross was top 70 without Jonathan Isaac so if you are looking for pts, 3's, steals and FT% late he is your man.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I struck gold with Bam last season and guys like Graham, SGA, Wood to name a couple all surprised. Who you guys liking this season? I personally am taking MPJ everywhere

Fellow Bam owner here, thank you very much. MPJ's obvious choice... everybody know that. I'd go with ma maaan Brandon Clark.
Reasons:
1* Fantasy friendy game, can't hurt you anywhere
2* We don't know when's JJJ coming back
3* 2nd year player
4* Cheap price tag. Can get him around 100
5* Has a great PG in Ja feeding him balls
All in all big breakout candidate

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Fellow Bam owner here, thank you very much. MPJ's obvious choice... everybody know that. I'd go with ma maaan Brandon Clark.
Reasons:
1* Fantasy friendy game, can't hurt you anywhere
2* We don't know when's JJJ coming back
3* 2nd year player
4* Cheap price tag. Can get him around 100
5* Has a great PG in Ja feeding him balls
All in all big breakout candidate

Agreed he is intriguing but 2 times i grabbed him off waivers in a short league when JV and JJJ were hurt and he somehow managed to get ruled out lol so i hold some bitterness but he is a fellow Canuck so all can be forgiven!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Huk said:

Malik Beasley was on my radar before the draft, now i dont know...

PJ Washington and Bagley (i know, but i'm giving him a last chance) are my favourites and not THAT obvious for now

Picked up Beasley after the trade and boy was he good but Minnesota backcourt is very crowded now and there are rumors he could get traded. he also has some off court issues so no idea how he is mentally. Love Bagley and I am drafting him even with the risk he is too talented and Kings suck so he should get all the game time he can handle

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richardtlee22 said:

How are we feeling about Darius Bazely? Popped in the bubble and now that Oubre is off to GSW, Gallo leaving, and OKC entering full rebuild, it could pave the way for him to more minutes

I feel good about him but I can't say that Dort or Diallo won't break out too. Maybe they all break out!

• Like 1

Off the top of my head now:

OKC youngsters - CP3, Schroder and Gallo likely headed out. Adams maybe as well. Pick your poison but most likely it will be Dort or Bazley stepping up for this team. 

Fox - not exactly a sleeper in the traditional sense, but when he returned last year he went bananas. Definitely in play in the 3rd round in deep leagues. Aggressively targeting. 

Nurkic - will be underdrafted because of his injury last year, but will be one of the few bigs who will help with the bigman stats without tanking your FT%. Yes he only played a few games but his FT% was 88%. Sick. 

Killian Hayes - started a thread about this guy. Hyped.

Keep em coming guys! 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, kane said:

Christian Wood is close to finalizing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Houston Rockets,

Say hello to our monster wood😎

would they still have enough cap space for wood if lord stayed? havent been following their payroll situation

37 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Looks like it’s off and he says talking to other teams 

Imagine he really did sign 3 years 27m while watching bum talents get close if not over 20m per season lol. I would say that agent did it on purpose and wood is really slow. I would have immediately tried to research his college grades.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Imagine he really did sign 3 years 27m while watching bum talents get close if not over 20m per season lol. I would say that agent did it on purpose and wood is really slow. I would have immediately tried to research his college grades.

Thankfully he did sign in Houston. He’s going to feast with Harden 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

yup would be even better if they do trade harden considering it looks like westbrook is as good as gone

whos gonna tell russ hes traded to the pistons, front office prolly scared af

Edited by L3onD
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, L3onD said:

whos gonna tell russ hes traded to the pistons, front office prolly scared af

they probably are scared of him considering they gave up literally every valuable asset they had to get him only to basically rent him for half a season lol.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

they probably are scared of him considering they gave up literally every valuable asset they had to get him only to basically rent him for half a season lol.

is it possible that blake (awful contract for an awful contract) is coming with wood?

Edited by L3onD