NBC Sports Edge Forums

ESPN - Taysom Hill loophole?

Hi all,

Just a heads up if you use the ESPN app for fantasy. Hill is listed as a tight end but will be the Saints starting qb. 

Basically you'll have Hill playing qb while being listed as a te. 

Other than your league mates being upset it's a no brainer in my opinion. Very weasley too which is my favorite part. 

9 minutes ago, Nonamefan said:

Hi all,

Just a heads up if you use the ESPN app for fantasy. Hill is listed as a tight end but will be the Saints starting qb. 

Basically you'll have Hill playing qb while being listed as a te. 

Other than your league mates being upset it's a no brainer in my opinion. Very weasley too which is my favorite part. 

I think everyone is aware of this. He's actually listed as QB and TE. 

I'm a commish, and not allowing this loophole in our league.

The fact people call it a loophole should be self explanatory. lol

Now if they want to start Hill at QB - I'm ok with that!

In no way does inserting a starting QB into a TE slot in FF fair or logical. I get the "logic"...but that doesn't make it right, and certainly isn't the intention of how FF is set up for.

this is in basic roster rules of the game. it was fun for the 1 week where nobody knew how he was going to be deployed immediately after week 10 but the news broke early and espn should have made the adjustment when NO said Hill is the starter at QB.

Commish in my league has hill still in the flex spot without the TE eligibility because of this loophole. Now he has an illegal roster and cannot make any moves to the line up or ww/ir changes but still easy sacrifice for the crazy big advantage he has having 2 qbs in a 1 qb active roster league

I think it comes down to integrity. dude wants to rip 11 other guys in a league we have had for years that we play for money...it's BS

2 of my 3 leagues it is not closed. Despite removing his eligibility at flex or te owners are still keeping him in those spots. They have to manually remove him or can still use the loophole as long as they see the benefit outweighing a lineup change, add/drop.

25 minutes ago, ZachOdom23 said:

2 of my 3 leagues it is not closed. Despite removing his eligibility at flex or te owners are still keeping him in those spots. They have to manually remove him or can still use the loophole as long as they see the benefit outweighing a lineup change, add/drop.

We voted as league and felt that the loophole was BS. As commish, I used league manager tools and moved him to the bench. I suggest your leagues do the same.

Just now, ZachOdom23 said:

yeah im goiing thru the try to get a vote deal going but the dude pulling it in the money league is the commish...

That's whack... get the league to voice their opinion and if he continues with it, then let him know that you all will either be joining a different league next year or will oust him out of your current league.