NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol who the f--- writes blurbs for roto? his latest one says he "barely contributed much, just 8 points, 7 reb, 7 ast" as if that isn't one of the best lines hes had all season lol

Until you start indiscriminately bashing a player and calling him soft. Am I right?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Minnesota just resigned Beasley. I don’t understand all the guards but Ricky’s assist numbers should be solid 

Minnesota always loves guards. Remember Rubio's draft when they drafted 3 pgs? They have no clue how to build a roster. Apparently rumors are that they want to play a 3 guard starting lineup. They might have the worst defensive team in the league next year.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Minnesota always loves guards. Remember Rubio's draft when they drafted 3 pgs? They have no clue how to build a roster. Apparently rumors are that they want to play a 3 guard starting lineup. They might have the worst defensive team in the league next year.

With Saunders as coach that’s a guarantee brother lol 

• 4 weeks later...

I usually love Rubio as an inexpensive mid-round source of elite AST and STL, but I'm not liking this situation in Minnesota.  The guy is only 30yo so not washed by any means, but MIN invested some serious money into that Russell/Beasley backcourt so it's hard to see Ricky breaking into the starting lineup.  Looking at Ricky's career resume he's always needed at least 30 MPG to break into that 8.0 AST territory and I just don't see him getting those minutes this season outside of injuries to Russell/Beasley 

All that being said, I'd probably have to take him if he falls to 8th round

30 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

he was dropped in my league and my only drop would be carmelo or beasley, both who i value over rubio in his current situation. 

I don't like Rubio much this year but he should not be on the waiver wire at all, at least not until we see how everything plays out. Also Carmelo should be on waivers unless you're in a deep league which I highly doubt since Rubio was dropped.

• Like 2

DLO is out so Rubio is more than likely starting the next preseason game. I'm hoping for a strong showing in hopes Saunders changes his mind and starts him during the regular season. Minny really needs a facilitator to run this team with all the scorers and shooters they have. I also reached for Rubio so I need this scrub to start 😭

9 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I don't like Rubio much this year but he should not be on the waiver wire at all, at least not until we see how everything plays out. Also Carmelo should be on waivers unless you're in a deep league which I highly doubt since Rubio was dropped.

carmelo is going to be portland’s 6th man this year, which could mean a huge opportunity to be a lou williams type off the bench 

if rubio gets minutes, i agree...but that’s not a guarantee at this point

Another ugly night. Started but finished -13 while bench players kept the team alive and he didn't play in OT. Boy oh boy will I be kicking myself for this. The problem is you can't casually drop him unless there's an 8 assist 1.5 steals guy on your waivers. Gotta just wait and see if he turns it on.

4 hours ago, mattshhh said:

Another ugly night. Started but finished -13 while bench players kept the team alive and he didn't play in OT. Boy oh boy will I be kicking myself for this. The problem is you can't casually drop him unless there's an 8 assist 1.5 steals guy on your waivers. Gotta just wait and see if he turns it on.

he was closer to 5 assists the couple years he spent in utah 

• Like 1

Rubio is one of my favorite players and I drafted him every non Utah year. But I made a point to stay far away and it was real simple why - way too many guards on this team that they are invested in that they will need to give minutes to. DLo, Edwards, Beasley, Culver, and to a lesser extent Okogie.

They traded to bring back Rubio, and he will play all of the non DLo PG mins, but they are not invested in him to be the #1 PG on the team nor to be any type of focal point.

Sure a few of these guys can play some mins at SF, but even if Rubio started at 1 with DLo at the 2, Rubio won’t close games. Max Rubio is getting 25 mins and I am not even sure he gets that. He for sure ain’t getting 30 barring injury of course.

It’s unfortunate but this isn’t going to be fun for anyone that has him.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook