NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol who the f--- writes blurbs for roto? his latest one says he "barely contributed much, just 8 points, 7 reb, 7 ast" as if that isn't one of the best lines hes had all season lol

Until you start indiscriminately bashing a player and calling him soft. Am I right?

Posted Images

Saunders says Wolves will have D'Angelo or Rubio on the floor at all times.

Also quoted saying he intends to play them both together down the stretch, and that he likes the Rubio/Malik pairing. I'm not saying be excited, but we're not in apocalyptic territory where the team's intention is to phase him out quickly

Alleviates some of my concern about him becoming an immediate drop candidate. Show us what you got Ricardo!!!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mattshhh said:

Saunders says Wolves will have D'Angelo or Rubio on the floor at all times.

Also quoted saying he intends to play them both together down the stretch, and that he likes the Rubio/Malik pairing. I'm not saying be excited, but we're not in apocalyptic territory where the team's intention is to phase him out quickly

Alleviates some of my concern about him becoming an immediate drop candidate. Show us what you got Ricardo!!!

With Malik most likely getting a suspension we expecting him to flourish?

52 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I don't know about flourish. They serve different roles and i doubt rubio starts scoring better (some combo of Edwards/Culver/Okogie should benefit), but you bring up a good point as it further secures his minutes early on. Could make for a sell high window..

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I’d expect a chance Edwards to get his toes wet and Rubio stay the same. 

8 hours ago, mattshhh said:

I don't know about flourish. They serve different roles and i doubt rubio starts scoring better (some combo of Edwards/Culver/Okogie should benefit), but you bring up a good point as it further secures his minutes early on. Could make for a sell high window..

You don't draft Rubio for his scoring though. 

2 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

You don't draft Rubio for his scoring though. 

Of course not, I was just predicting that Malik's absence wouldn't boost his value there. The issue with Rubio is being surrounded by all these young guards, so the team has to stay in the playoff hunt or he becomes an obvious rest candidate aka fantasy nuisance

8 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Who's watching the game? What's going on?

Wolves have no chemistry. Rubio's usage is garbage, silver lining is he's tied for best +/- so this isn't him dragging everyone down. But edwards and russell getting lots of touches off the bench

• tonycpsu changed the title to Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook

Tonight's line looks like what i'm expecting from his season averages: 9 / 4 / 6 / 1 on 3/8 w a triple. For the 2nd game in a row the team went on its game-winning runs with him on the court and he closed out. It'll be a slight disappointment relative to adp but i'm rebranding him in my mind as point guard Brook Lopez: boring as hell but strong in one category with a valued role and just enough peripheral contributions

• Like 1

Well the KAT tragedy complicates things.

On one hand it opens up a big opportunity to approach the kind of output we hoped for. Tonight, despite being one of the only bright spots and on his way to a nice line, they gave the young guys more run and now he's sitting out the 4th due to blowout. 9 / 4 / 4 in 18 mins.

I'm hanging on while we see how the team distributes KAT's touches because things already look better on a per-minute basis, but this is a disheartening first outing considering he kept them somewhat competitive yet they prioritized guys like d'angelo (4 pts 3 ast 7 TO, -31) and edwards (currently 4 for 19 & still out there) while allowing themselves to get clobbered

Edited by mattshhh
  • Like 1