NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol who the f--- writes blurbs for roto? his latest one says he "barely contributed much, just 8 points, 7 reb, 7 ast" as if that isn't one of the best lines hes had all season lol

Minnesota just resigned Beasley. I don’t understand all the guards but Ricky’s assist numbers should be solid 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Herro got dropped in my league so I abandoned ricky for the upside.. just hate how the wolves have handled him so far. best of luck to his owners (slash me when i desperately waiver claim him following a triple double)

Lol where did you find these suckers to play with? 

• Haha 1

Smh this guy is done for fantasy. Skills are still there, but Wolves prefer to run with their all-scoring backcourt in Dlo and Beasley. And Dlo is a decent passer as well.

With the Wolves looking like missing the playoffs again this year, this senior guy will get even less playing time.

Rubio is the walking dead right now and it's so sad after the last brilliant season. The only hope is the probable suspension of Malik. But even in that case I'm not sure about him in this trash team with blockhead coach

Still worth a hold. He’s been brutal but back on a new team that are all still learning each other. You roster him for dimes and steals which are hard to get off the wire. Always a slow starter too. Slight uptick of late def worth persisting IMO

• Like 1

The wolves cleaned house last spring. KAT is practically the only guy who was there in 2019 and played. (maybe Culver and Okogie)

So the whole team is trying to figure things out with all these new components and how they fit together.  Rubio and Ed Davis are the veterans who are supposed to help these young guys learn.

With all that said, I think Rubio will still be inconsistent from game to game. Does he even know what his role is supposed to be?  The wolves have a lot of guards they play. Beasley, Culver, Okogie, DLO, Edwards and Rubio.  Rubio has played anywhere from 18 to 34 minutes in the last few games. 

I'm a big Rubio guy and glad he is back with the wolves. But predicting his fantasy value going forward is not clear for me. 

Rubio is simply too good of a player for the stats not to flow in if he gets 28 min+

He's just figuring out his teammates right now. Might be a 2nd half guy, so if your team is good then just stash him the way you would someone like Wiseman. This is more viable in roto, but he's always been a better roto player than H2H.

There's absolutely ZERO players floating on the wire with his stat profile. You just do not find guys like him on waivers. I guess this is more painful for folks who drafted him too early this year, but if he's the worst player on your roster then your team is probably amazing. If not then fix your other problems first.

Anyone else being a stubborn owner and still holding? Obviously usually comes good second half of seasons albeit I’m not so sure this season. Obviously pretty useless right now but assists and steals is all I’m really wanting from him. Is it too much to just ask for 8/5/8 with 1-2 steals a game!?

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 1:03 PM, beejay6020 said:

Anyone else being a stubborn owner and still holding? Obviously usually comes good second half of seasons albeit I’m not so sure this season. Obviously pretty useless right now but assists and steals is all I’m really wanting from him. Is it too much to just ask for 8/5/8 with 1-2 steals a game!?

I'm still holding but he's killing my FG now too! Not like TJ McConnell who offers the same stats without the negative fg