NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ricky Rubio 2020-2021 Outlook

On 3/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, Heavy_Jon said:

Because Lowry is on his last year and, since he was such an important player for the past 9 years in Toronto, they're open to trade him to a contender (eg: Sixers), to show him some appreciation. 

And FVV is better suited to shooting guard, despite his size.

Bingo. Lowry would have to be shipped out for them to consider trading for Rubio. As of right now though, there are no certainties, which make owning Rubio all the more difficult, especially with D'Lo nearing a return.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol who the f--- writes blurbs for roto? his latest one says he "barely contributed much, just 8 points, 7 reb, 7 ast" as if that isn't one of the best lines hes had all season lol

Minnesota just resigned Beasley. I don’t understand all the guards but Ricky’s assist numbers should be solid 

Posted Images

word is magic are going hard for rubio. probably the best case scenario really - would go straight into starting over MCW and just cede some mins to develop anthony when he does come back

• Like 2

Al

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

word is magic are going hard for rubio. probably the best case scenario really - would go straight into starting over MCW and just cede some mins to develop anthony when he does come back

Almost makes too much sense, so the Magic and TWovles will probably mess it up lol

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Cole A. looks more like a scoring guard rather than a pass-first guard. Hopefully they'll play together as starter.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jowell77 said:

Cole A. looks more like a scoring guard rather than a pass-first guard. Hopefully they'll play together as starter.

being a magic fan and a rubio owner i like this move. will help both fournier and anthony get quality looks not to mention vuc would love it

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad he looks to still retain value for now with Beasley hurt.  Hopefully if/when DLo takes his starting spot he still gets decent minutes, but it's good to see him closing games alongside DLo.

53 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Glad he looks to still retain value for now with Beasley hurt.  Hopefully if/when DLo takes his starting spot he still gets decent minutes, but it's good to see him closing games alongside DLo.

ive been a season long rubio guy and hoping the same considering im now in my playoffs. with beasley out i dont see why they cant play more together - russells a good shooter and rubios a good passer. todays stat line is a basically a dream line for him this season lol

• Like 1

Why are his minutes down so much? Is it just due to blowouts or are they phasing him out in advance of shutting him down as a tanking team?

Edited by Ace_King
59 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Why are his minutes down so much? Is it just due to blowouts or are they phasing him out in advance of shutting him down as a tanking team?

I’m wondering same thing last two games have been putrid ironically just after I was feeling a bit better with him from some better form and lines. Seems they have been blown out early last two games but you’d have to wonder old man on a young team would be looking at 20mins

• Like 1

They have a lot of guards that they rotate in and out. Culver, McLaughlin,Okogie,Nowell,DLA. So if one of them is hot, he might not get as many minutes.

He also has matchup issues against some of the quicker guards. So who knows from game to game how much he will play.

Yahoo blurb says hes a drop / shutdown candidate. Shame cause I just added him 10 days ago and got some pretty sweet assist/stl lines. What now??

He will still have his nights. It just will be a consistency problem. Guess he could not hit a shot today.  

They leave him wide open on the perimeter. So you would hope he can hit a few from out there.

15 minutes ago, rabaak said:

He will still have his nights. It just will be a consistency problem. Guess he could not hit a shot today.  

They leave him wide open on the perimeter. So you would hope he can hit a few from out there.

The 3s arent what we are looking for, we need him averaging 10 points 8 assists and 2 steals otherwise he's worthless. Thought Beasley injury was a blessing but I guess not anymore.....

• Haha 1

Huh.  Look at the last two games.  Blowouts against two legit contenders with no KAT.  All you need to look at are those facts plus McDaniels who typically gets minutes in the mid to high 30s only getting about 25 each of these games.

Games were out of hand and regular rotations were out the window, and KAT is out mourning his mother's one year anniversary.  These are games you have to just ignore, though obviously things can change quickly on a sinking/tanking team, DLo possibly take his starting spot, etc.

3 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Huh.  Look at the last two games.  Blowouts against two legit contenders with no KAT.  All you need to look at are those facts plus McDaniels who typically gets minutes in the mid to high 30s only getting about 25 each of these games.

Games were out of hand and regular rotations were out the window, and KAT is out mourning his mother's one year anniversary.  These are games you have to just ignore, though obviously things can change quickly on a sinking/tanking team, DLo possibly take his starting spot, etc.

There are 20 other guys on the team, to pass to, not just KAT. And what about taking over and scoring too or getting steals. Wolves are going to get blown out a lot in the last 20 games, just saying.

5 hours ago, mtx said:

There are 20 other guys on the team, to pass to, not just KAT. And what about taking over and scoring too or getting steals. Wolves are going to get blown out a lot in the last 20 games, just saying.

Without having watched those games I can only guess the dynamic without KAT, and all I can guess is him being out threw the dynamic off that much, along with the team's confidence/ability to compete against better teams, and it affected Rubio's control over the game somehow.

We know he's in the twilight of his career, on a team going nowhere this year with a lot of young hungry talent, so I guess he isn't exactly in a place to take over a game and step up in KATs absence by elevating his playmaking.

He's already been kind of low end and trending down with DLo being back and probably not caring/being at risk of shut down, so I understand if guys are done with him, and while his numbers have been generally low end these last two games with garbage numbers are because of KATs absence IMO.  Yeah there are other guys to pass to but I think him being out is just having that much of an effect, along with the competition level of the last two opponents.  The assists/steals have been useful for me in 14 man, but he's right on the cusp of relevancy even there.

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Without having watched those games I can only guess the dynamic without KAT, and all I can guess is him being out threw the dynamic off that much, along with the team's confidence/ability to compete against better teams, and it affected Rubio's control over the game somehow.

We know he's in the twilight of his career, on a team going nowhere this year with a lot of young hungry talent, so I guess he isn't exactly in a place to take over a game and step up in KATs absence by elevating his playmaking.

He's already been kind of low end and trending down with DLo being back and probably not caring/being at risk of shut down, so I understand if guys are done with him, and while his numbers have been generally low end these last two games with garbage numbers are because of KATs absence IMO.  Yeah there are other guys to pass to but I think him being out is just having that much of an effect, along with the competition level of the last two opponents.  The assists/steals have been useful for me in 14 man, but he's right on the cusp of relevancy even there.

There's no team basketball, everyone's frustrated they don't get the ball, and he seems happy to just hand off the ball to the rookies to let them do whatever they want to do. I have rarely seen more than 3-4 passes per possession in the games I've watched, but I do agree when KAT isn't playing the team has no desire to win. KAT seems to be the only one upset when they're losing and losing leads.

Edited by mtx
  • Thanks 1

its half of it being blowouts, half of it being hes 30 and they're rebuilding/tanking. his minutes will probably be in the low 20s from here on out. if you're in a deep league i don't think he's necessarily a drop yet tho. ill give it a week

Anyone still holding on and playing him in their playoffs?? 59% owned, available in my league. I'm desperate for assists and two straight games against SAC might help!

12 minutes ago, mtx said:

Anyone still holding on and playing him in their playoffs?? 59% owned, available in my league. I'm desperate for assists and two straight games against SAC might help!

Lol 59% . 85% owned on fantrax with 87% starting him this week. I swear 99% of leagues on Yahoo must be 10 teams or less. 

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Lol 59% . 85% owned on fantrax with 87% starting him this week. I swear 99% of leagues on Yahoo must be 10 teams or less. 

He's free in my current league, and taken in 3 of my other leagues. All 12-14 teamers. Guess what. The 3 teams hes on in the 3 other leagues have all been eliminated. Most leagues use the "Lock Eliminated Teams" Rule to ensure fairness. In reality Rubio should have been 25-30% Owned. But here I am contemplating adding him for the two games. I'm giving up Moses Brown .

21 minutes ago, mtx said:

def been held on to more because of name value/ constant DAR injury/starting role & occasional few games + if your expectations are for just some assists & steals then he can be a nice role player. as hes become my worst player though and quite a few pg coming up nicely on the wire atm ill roll him for the B2B then stream the spot most likely as his mins will dwindle as the season comes to end & they prioritise youth

• Like 1

I need assists and steals.

so i look at Rubio. But last 2 games only 2 and 4 assists and few minutes.

3 games this week, will he play more?

Hou, GS, NO are interresting matchups...

i don’t know who to pick... Maledon less steal and lot of TO... Flynn don’t know if he  will play a lot...

Edited by Tomy

Guys it's a gamble to hold onto him. I have to win 3pTM/AST/STL and cannot sit idle. I added Okeke for two games but will likely add whoever is guaranteed minutes to pick up the Assists for Fri-Sun games. It's too much of a risk holding onto borderline Top 200 players who are not guaranteed minutes or even guaranteed production like 6 assist a game..

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mtx said:

Guys it's a gamble to hold onto him. I have to win 3pTM/AST/STL and cannot sit idle. I added Okeke for two games but will likely add whoever is guaranteed minutes to pick up the Assists for Fri-Sun games. It's too much of a risk holding onto borderline Top 200 players who are not guaranteed minutes or even guaranteed production like 6 assist a game..

So for you it’s not an add? Better DiVicienzo with 4 games? But assists and steals depends games too ...