• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but he had 2 turnovers..traaaash 

Sounds like a Mambo #5 summary.

He seems to keep disappearing by the early to mid 3rd round & I just can't really see if his track record justifies that...

Posted Images

On 11/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, sharkpotato said:

Drafted him last year thinking he'll improve his FT%.. boy was I wrong. He's great if you're punting FT.

This is kind of where I see his issue.  It would also be great if he had a stronger perimeter game. Getting his 3PTM up to 2.0 would greatly improve his value.

• Like 1

As a guy who owned Fox last season, he was incredibly irritating to own.

Injury plagued for what felt like the entire season, I ended up trading him 40 games through the season.

Love what he presents stat-wise, but needs to stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

ESPN now has him 22nd in their H2H categories rankings.  Bit high for my blood when you consider his relatively low 3PM and FT% for a top-tier PG

ESPN ranking is always a joke,yahoo ranking is more accurate

12 minutes ago, kane said:

ESPN ranking is always a joke,yahoo ranking is more accurate

Agreed.  Problem for me is that my money league is via ESPN and despite it being our 9th season with veteran managers, the ESPN ranking order inevitably impacts our snake draft to some degree

7 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

He seems to keep disappearing by the early to mid 3rd round & I just can't really see if his track record justifies that...

That was the target round going into last season, but this year i'm not so sure as well.. more of a 4th round PG. Kinda weird to build around with his bad ft% and lack of 3's. In any case I won't be drafting him again. 

Man if this guy could play 70 games, he would be a probably a Mid/late 2nd rounder in a points league. His efficiency on the court is Devin Booker, Jimmy Butler range. I don't know much about the Kings. But they must think they have a key  building block for their team if they signed him to a 5yr 163 Mil max extension.

image.png.ad2f139c1a3229f1bac0bd82745559fe.png

image.png.2ba304f01d26a61adf9186dd1844d127.png

only spot im drafting him is 4th rd, triple punt, going big early (giannis, bam, drumm, fox would be ideal ha)

ur paying for improvement drafting fox before 4th rd. its possible and he is talented but he needs to significantly improve in certain cats to make that fantasy leap.

last 15 games was outside the top 50 when he was playing very well 50% fg, 24.5 pts, 1.4 steals, 1.3 threes, 76 ft (-0.65 ftv), 6.5 dimes, 3 reb

personally id take that line all day in the 3rd rd but 50% fg isnt realistic.

straight punt ft he was 44 overall last 15 games with that line above.

needs to make a 8.5-9 dime jump and/or stock jump  to return value

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Hoping for that Brandom Ingram "flip"

A little natural, organic growth (eg, add some points, a couple rebounds, an assist per game), develop a new skill (ie, threes or block perhaps) and tweak the percentages slightly and all of sudden you're playing in the 2nd round

A little bit of this(2x), and a little bit of that(2x)... that's a lot of little bits to ask of I think 🤣😅

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
On 11/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, Stefan said:

A little bit of this(2x), and a little bit of that(2x)... that's a lot of little bits to ask of I think 🤣😅

I get your point but these types of big leaps in fantasy basketball happen with young, very good players more often than you’d think. Not saying it’s going to happen this year with Fox but I’d put him in a small group of players that fit the age/profile.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Snagged him for $19 in a 12man 9cat h2h auction draft... punting TOs and have padded FT% around him (plus guys like Gobert, Drummond, Whiteside went to various different teams, and the guy who seemingly tried to punt FT% got screwed over). Really hoping he's durable this season, although I'm not crossing my fingers. I think a healthy Fox could have him contributing 3rd, maaaybe 2nd round value in h2h. He played 73 and 81 games his first two seasons, so I hope he finds a way to stay healthy in the coming months.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, theyister said:

Snagged him for $19 in a 12man 9cat h2h auction draft... punting TOs and have padded FT% around him (plus guys like Gobert, Drummond, Whiteside went to various different teams, and the guy who seemingly tried to punt FT% got screwed over). Really hoping he's durable this season, although I'm not crossing my fingers. I think a healthy Fox could have him contributing 3rd, maaaybe 2nd round value in h2h. He played 73 and 81 games his first two seasons, so I hope he finds a way to stay healthy in the coming months.

$19 is a steal for him.. well done.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Supersonics said:

Apparently out for the rest of the game with right hamstring tightness? 

De'Aaron Fox (hamstring) won't return Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Damnit. Anyone worth adding in case of a long absence?

Haliburton If he is still available

• Like 1