NBC Sports Edge Forums

De'Aaron Fox 2020-2021 Outlook

Man, this particular thread is the epitome of silly, reactionary fantasy-land responses, but I'm am a bit more compelled to reply on this thread because I watch a lot of Kings games.  It's been a different version of Fox since coming back from the injury; more passive, discernibly wincing at his hip that he messed up a few games ago.  He's also playing on, (what the Kings community refers to them as), the "KANGS."  They're not a good team, they don't have a good coach, but if you watch the games Fox's explosiveness and speed is unreal, and his court-vision is excellent...and he's still getting better in my opinion. He's 23, and to say he's garbage and Kings made a mistake on him is one thing, but acknowledging his evolving abilities (and growing pains) on a devolving team is another.  Maybe this isn't his "year" but you all need to to try to separate fantasy from reality a bit more.  He's damn good, just not meeting your fantasy expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but he had 2 turnovers..traaaash 

Sounds like a Mambo #5 summary.

He seems to keep disappearing by the early to mid 3rd round & I just can't really see if his track record justifies that...

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Man, this particular thread is the epitome of silly, reactionary fantasy-land responses, but I'm am a bit more compelled to reply on this thread because I watch a lot of Kings games.  It's been a different version of Fox since coming back from the injury; more passive, discernibly wincing at his hip that he messed up a few games ago.  He's also playing on, (what the Kings community refers to them as), the "KANGS."  They're not a good team, they don't have a good coach, but if you watch the games Fox's explosiveness and speed is unreal, and his court-vision is excellent...and he's still getting better in my opinion. He's 23, and to say he's garbage and Kings made a mistake on him is one thing, but acknowledging his evolving abilities (and growing pains) on a devolving team is another.  Maybe this isn't his "year" but you all need to to try to separate fantasy from reality a bit more.  He's damn good, just not meeting your fantasy expectations. 

Turnover machine who cant make a free throw to save his life who got a max lol. I watch plenty of Kings games and he's wildly inconsistent and has not developed at all this season 

On 2/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

Turnover machine who cant make a free throw to save his life who got a max lol. I watch plenty of Kings games and he's wildly inconsistent and has not developed at all this season 

This is the first time in this thread you actually contributed some analysis. Thank you. Continue hating though.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

This is the first time in this thread you actually contributed some analysis. Thank you. Continue hating though.

Facts equal hate? So prove he is not a turnover machine and has developed from last season. Still cant make free throws and numbers aren't much different. He is on a max deal he is open to criticism and i love cowards like you who wait until the player has a nice game before commenting 

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Just listened to the so-called experts on a pod saying that you have to punt FT% is you own Fox...

I’m third best in FT% in a weekly-lock 8-cat roto league and I’ve been starting Fox every week.

roto its easier. h2h it can be a little harder. certainly doable only need one high volume ft anchor and he off sets all ft drag players (minus giannis) and you get 2 players avging  over 82% last time i checked.

something to think about ROS. fox #1 worst ft drag last month. #4 last 2 months only behind giannis drumm gobert. so if its close fox could hinder you.

edit sorry 83 % for capela and lillard

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Joke of a fcuking player. And some people thought he was an all star lol

What are you even talking about? I’ve watched this whole game and nothing he has done would require this kind of under the bridge troll commentary.

As of reading this he has 18 points, 13 assist and 2 turnovers. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

What are you even talking about? I’ve watched this whole game and nothing he has done would require this kind of under the bridge troll commentary.

Bad percentages (8-21) and it’s a Sunday night, last game of weekly h2h.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

He's 1/4 free throws with awful shooting 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Are you? You love to defend trash players. Get those eyes checked 

Why own him if he’s so trash to you? 

25 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

And there you go. If he could make free throws he wouldn't have cost his team 

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

And there you go. If he could make free throws he wouldn't have cost his team 

Bagley missed 2 in a row as well with less than a minute, but this is why they are the Kings. DonotGiveUp

19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Are you? You love to defend trash players. Get those eyes checked 

Why do you have him on your team if he's trash? 

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Bagley missed 2 in a row as well with less than a minute, but this is why they are the Kings. DonotGiveUp

People were talking up Fox as an all star. He's on a damn max contract and can't make free throws lol I'd love to see what they practice 

11 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

People were talking up Fox as an all star. He's on a damn max contract and can't make free throws lol I'd love to see what they practice 

Have you tried to trade him away? Or is your plan to rant on Fox's free throws for the rest of the season and continue to make yourself look like one of the worst posters on this forum? Because quite frankly if your team is suffering due to Fox's free throws as much as your posts make it seem, your team is probably trash and you should find a new hobby.

• Like 1
Just now, Jyeatbvg said:

I've never seen someone so strongly and willingly hate on a player who's actually playing well as much as this dude has - it's mind-boggling. 

It's a forum you donkey. You signed up expecting a book club where everyone would kiss your a**. If you don't like forums try knitting fool 

58 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

It's a forum you donkey. You signed up expecting a book club where everyone would kiss your a**. If you don't like forums try knitting fool 

I mean maybe you should try knitting if Fox's missed free throws are ruining your fantasy season 😂

• 4 weeks later...