NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Its official? If so we know he can be a nightly 20 pts 10 rebounds 1-2 threes 1-2 blocks a game guy. What round are we talking about with him?

I feel like he's going to disappoint a lot of owners this year. He's going to be playing behind 2 guys who are usg monsters. I'm not expecting 20-10 this year even if he has a starting role with no bigs to threaten him. I'll be cautious about his expectations. Keep in mind, he only produced those big numbers on a losing team that had no one else that could score AND he only did it in 12 games (small sample size). He hasn't experienced the full season grind against top notch competition. 

I'm expecting:

32 mpg, 16.2 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.9 3pg, 0.7 blk, 0.7 stls, 73% ft, 52% fg

6th-7th round. 

Smart money’s taking him early....

Dude was a late 2nd rounder over his last 15 games. Punt assists and he’s a borderline 1st rounder. Do I expect him to perform that way over the course of an entire season? Of course not. But managers will see this demonstrated potential—not per 36 garbage—and will bid accordingly.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook