NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

So tempted to go back earlier in the thread and quote all the posters who scoffed at me for asserting that Wood would have a 5th round floor lol.  Turns out I was even underselling this dude

And he’s thriving for the exact reasons I was stating: a) he has a very legit skillset, b) he’ll have no real competition for minutes at PF/C, and c) his aforementioned skillset is an absolutely perfect fit for Houston 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, CharlesCC2 said:

Feel like he could be John Collins esque in that offense, considering he was already doing those type of numbers in Detroit.  Even 4th to 5th could be a value for him IMO.

I hate that this is how I felt about him, but multiple people on page two of this thread convinced me that I was wrong (not directly quoting me but by posting their thoughts and basically having me thinking I was way off).

I just got back into fantasy basketball last year and figured these guys knew better and I was just being overly optimistic.  Because of the naysayers I ended up drafting LMA and completely screwed myself over.  Then you have several people in the LMA thread basically acting like you were an idiot if you had Wood above LMA.

I have to remember to trust my gut and not be swayed by the crowd, especially when the gut feeling is based on not just the numbers but watching the guy.  I've learned that a long time ago with football and am disappointed that I didn't go with that philosophy in basketball this year.  Congrats to those enjoying the ride.  Dude is quite a diverse talent.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, CharlesCC2 said:

I hate that this is how I felt about him, but multiple people on page two of this thread convinced me that I was wrong (not directly quoting me but by posting their thoughts and basically having me thinking I was way off).

I just got back into fantasy basketball last year and figured these guys knew better and I was just being overly optimistic.  Because of the naysayers I ended up drafting LMA and completely screwed myself over.  Then you have several people in the LMA thread basically acting like you were an idiot if you had Wood above LMA.

I have to remember to trust my gut and not be swayed by the crowd, especially when the gut feeling is based on not just the numbers but watching the guy.  I've learned that a long time ago with football and am disappointed that I didn't go with that philosophy in basketball this year.  Congrats to those enjoying the ride.  Dude is quite a diverse talent.

thats why you never listen to others...just go with what you believe in and if it doesnt end up like you thought it was going to, theres always next season, you reminded me of my mistake (thats how i ended up with nurk instead of wood even tho i basically held wood all of last season and “enjoyed” his 12 magnificent detroit games)...ill have fun with my team(s) even if they suck cause then i have to grind even harder to find the next best thing or the next best trade

ps wood is/was AD on sale, might not be one for atleast 5-6 years after this season

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1