NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

7 hours ago, dacider said:

Is this guy beasting so much that everyone just stopped talking about him?

You never see the AD thread or the Giannis thread on the front page unless there’s an injury. Same with Jokic this season, but you would in years prior because of his slow starts. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Missed out on him in the draft huh? I know it sucks.

My hypothesis is the guy in charge of the tagging is playing in a tight matchup against a Wood owner. 

I saw a rumor that some guy’s uncle is a night janitor at the clinic where they did the MRI and according to him, they’re going to chop it off. Sad. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

You never see the AD thread or the Giannis thread on the front page unless there’s an injury. Same with Jokic this season, but you would in years prior because of his slow starts. 

Yeah, it is the same thing in baseball with fantasy superstars. Them beasting is expected and isn't remarked upon. Only if they get hurt do their threads get bumped.

How long is Wood expected to be out? Will he be back next week or is this going to linger?

We really can't tell how swollen his ankle is or what grade the sprain is so we'll just have to wait for word on severity for now. Could just be precautionary rest, or could be a Sexton situation. Rockets don't play again until Tuesday so let's hope he'll be back then.

Also - no word on a MRI, for now.

Edited by m1dday

The way it seems, if he was going to miss yesterday, he was going to miss today but my guess fwiw is he is back Tuesday vs the Wiz... 

He was pretty adamant about playing...think it was just unlucky timing with the back to back.

4 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Out tonight. I was under the impression this was a minor back-to-back rest issue, but anyone find any indication he might be out going into the next week?

None. It would've been a sign already that he didn't travel with the team for the b2b to be a no go.

Tuesday seems to be the day he'll be back, but let's see. 

He didn’t attend practice for a personal reason. I’m hoping that’s why the team gave him the doubtful designation and not due to ongoing rehab. Still holding out hope he’ll play Tuesday after going through shoot around.

Anybody remember a Doubtful player ending up playing in a recent game?

I think Wood is faking all of it and is giving Cousins just enough run so all his fantasy owners can sell high for a top 50 player. And as an owner of both Wood and Cousins, I find his actions both commendable and downright classy.  

• Haha 4

Any concerns that Cousins is going to start cutting into Wood's playing time?  He's been crushing and the Rockets have won three straight... Getting a little nervous if I'm being honest.

Edited by DoctorLove
12 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Any concerns that Cousins is going to start cutting into Wood's playing time?  He's been crushing and the Rockets have won three straight... Getting a little nervous if I'm being honest.

Nah. Wood is the future. 

11 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Not at all, itd be one thing if Wood wasnt doing anything while he was on the court. They literally traded for this guy, you dont just say hey we are limiting your minutes right after people said he was the next all star of the season

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Not at all, itd be one thing if Wood wasnt doing anything while he was on the court. They literally traded for this guy, you dont just say hey we are limiting your minutes right after people said he was the next all star of the season

They didn’t trade for Wood?

4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

It was a sign and trade deal with trevor ariza? 

You know what, my bad. You are right, I wasn’t aware of that deal going down. Didn’t even remember that the Blazers sent Ariza to Houston when trading for RoCo. 

Good news: Wood says he will return on Thursday.

Silas said Cousins has earned more playing time. Coach BS? If it is real, would it be at the expense of Wood or could they play together?

Edited by Ace_King
32 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Good news: Wood says he will return on Thursday.

Silas said Cousins has earned more playing time. Coach BS? If it is real, would it be at the expense of Wood or could they play together?

This that dollar store version of Cousins AD  tandem from a few years ago. I can see them playing together for sure.

• Like 5