NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

Advice: This one appears to be worse than the one that cost him three games last month and he was slapping the ground in anger as he laid there in pain. A couple teammates helped him off the court and into the wheel chair and super-teammate Victor Oladipo accompanied him to the locker room, which was cool to see. Reggie Miller would likely call this one a "monther" and we wouldn't be surprised if he's out for an extended period of time. DeMarcus Cousins is obviously going to be the guy for the next several weeks, so grab him if he's on your waiver wire. Our apologies for the horrible news if you roster Wood. 

(Rotoworld.com)

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

?Christian Wood stepped on Ja Morant's foot on a fastbreak and badly rolled his right ankle for the second time this season, leaving the court with the help of teammates, getting a wheel chair and heading to the locker room." - Rotoworld

oh boy

Watched to video. Don't look like he'll miss a lot of time. Most likely a week like before or maybe 10 days. Same ankle. Don't let the wheelchair fool into thinking it was season ending.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Watched to video. Don't look like he'll miss a lot of time. Most likely a week like before or maybe 10 days. Same ankle. Don't let the wheelchair fool into thinking it was season ending.

Hopefully you’re not wrong. Man my team stays in the hospital

7 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Idk what you were watching, thats a classic 4-6 week ankle injury 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m probably wrong about this, and my optimism is getting the best of me, but it didn’t look as bad as the first one.

He looked more in pain, and I’m sure they rest him longer to heal now that it’s happened twice, but I’m keeping my hopes up.

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Ya the guy who covers the team and has inside info is as knowledgeable as coach reporters makes sense 

All he literally said was doesnt look good and tweeted out the video as soon as it happened.. i dont think the rockets medical staff even know the severity of the injury

17 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Most likely a week? I would bet a good chunk of change on the over. He is a young kid they just invested a ton in. This is now a 2nd severely sprained ankle in a couple of weeks. So even if it isn't as bad as some are suggesting (and you never really know with ankle injuries) there is no chance they rush him back in 7 days. They will play it far more cautious the second time around.