Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook


DonutGiveUp
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Did it look as bad as Gordon’s ankle injury? 4-6 weeks maybe. Morant came back in 3 weeks right?

Morant's looked worse imo, I didnt see Gordon's...   we have to wait now for MRI... He got up twice and walked. So maybe there is hope...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Sounds and looks like 4 weeks. Feels like he is a bit injury proned now.. 

pretty interesting, saw that posted on Twitter but couldn’t find it when I looked again, so thanks for posting.

Last I read was that he was wheeled out of the stadium and had crutches in hand. I don’t imagine he’d walk out anyway, but hoping I wake up to some good news. Guy is killing it this season, and I want to see him flourish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Sounds and looks like 4 weeks. Feels like he is a bit injury proned now.. 

Stepping on a players foot while running at speed and rolling your ankle does not equate to injury proneness 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mcflywalker said:

pretty interesting, saw that posted on Twitter but couldn’t find it when I looked again, so thanks for posting.

Last I read was that he was wheeled out of the stadium and had crutches in hand. I don’t imagine he’d walk out anyway, but hoping I wake up to some good news. Guy is killing it this season, and I want to see him flourish.

Obviously none of us are doctors (at least I'm not), but ankle rolls usually look worse than they are. Morant's was a similar ankle roll - looked really bad, he was in a lot of pain, had to be put on a wheelchair. And in a way, Morant's was worse because he came down on it harder (he went all out jumping as high as he could to try to block a shot).

Morant came back in just about 2.5 weeks, beating the 3-5 week estimate.

Just have to hope Wood didn't break anything. If it's a lower sprain/roll similar to what Morant and Terry Rozier suffered, I think he could be back in 2-3 weeks. High ankle sprains (what Aaron Gordon and Christian McCaffrey suffered) are worse, and have longer recovery time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Bryant did an acl, what are you on about?

Did I say this was an obvious ACL injury? I said "As someone who had Bryant, that wouldn't give me optimism". He landed weirdly on it and it didn't look good (maybe comparable to Morant's ankle injury). Anyone thinking he shakes it off after a week has probably never owned someone who's had an ankle injury like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t know why but I’m usually always right on injury timetables and this just gives me vibes of a 3-5 weeker. Crossing my fingers that I’m wrong but I just gotta feeling. Could be a lot worse so just gotta stash him away and pray for the best

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ROTY said:

Stepping on a players foot while running at speed and rolling your ankle does not equate to injury proneness 

Yeah that's why I was asking if he has been injured before. Cause the doc was saying once hurt never the same. I had ankle issues like that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Obviously none of us are doctors (at least I'm not), but ankle rolls usually look worse than they are. Morant's was a similar ankle roll - looked really bad, he was in a lot of pain, had to be put on a wheelchair. And in a way, Morant's was worse because he came down on it harder (he went all out jumping as high as he could to try to block a shot).

Morant came back in just about 2.5 weeks, beating the 3-5 week estimate.

Just have to hope Wood didn't break anything. If it's a lower sprain/roll similar to what Morant and Terry Rozier suffered, I think he could be back in 2-3 weeks. High ankle sprains (what Aaron Gordon and Christian McCaffrey suffered) are worse, and have longer recovery time.

Some of the videos and podcasts I partake were saying that guys who try to come back with ankle sprains usually don't look right remainder of year. I never fully paid attention to that. 

Will keep track of Morant and Wood for future reference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he is announced as out for 3-4 weeks would Yahoo immediately give him the INJ tag or wait for him to miss three consecutive games? (I wish Yahoo would be like ESPN and simply let every "out" player be put in the IR slot.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

If he is announced as out for 3-4 weeks would Yahoo immediately give him the INJ tag or wait for him to miss three consecutive games? (I wish Yahoo would be like ESPN and simply let every "out" player be put in the IR slot.)

If it's announced he'll be out that long, I think they go ahead and give him the inj tag.  Takes three missed games for guys that are out for injuries labeled day-to-day or the like.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

If there is a timetable announced the INJ is immediate within the hour. I’m still looking out for the update though

Yeah, frustrating when the INJ tag is already inevitable yet need to wait for the official update as streamers fly off the waivers.  Diallo and Miles Bridges picked up this morning.  Next in line is Josh Jackson!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

I feel like the silence is bad news. If it wasn’t serious, they would’ve said so already. 

A lot of major injuries (ACL/Achilles tears) are announced by the following day, though. Thomas Bryant, Klay Thompson for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...