NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

24 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I saw a rumor that some guy’s uncle is a night janitor at the clinic where they did the MRI and according to him, they’re going to chop it off. Sad. 

Assuming they cauterize it well, what are we thinking— 3-3.5 weeks?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Assuming they cauterize it well, what are we thinking— 3-3.5 weeks?

1 hour ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Eh, i give it 4 weeks tbh. He needs to recondition and get used to the stump

Less if they’re able to make a custom 3D printed pirate leg. 

8 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I . . . don’t know what to make of that. So, theoretically, if he feels fine next week, he can play?

Not quite. Week to week could mean many things. But you're looking at an extended absence for sure. Im still guessing at least a month. Ive had a week to week turn into 3 months before. Hell Ive even seen a day to day do that to me before. Curse you Terrence Jones! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Not quite. Week to week could mean many things. But you're looking at an extended absence for sure. Im still guessing at least a month. Ive had a week to week turn into 3 months before. Hell Ive even seen a day to day do that to me before. Curse you Terrence Jones! 

Ah, the Terrence jones days; both a curse and a thrilling curse.

2 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Ah, the Terrence jones days; both a curse and a thrilling curse.

Hahaha I've never seen a diagnosis of day to day turn into 12 months before. I held the entire time with no IR spot too. Every single day was day to day or questionable. Worst feeling ever hahaha 

3 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Hahaha I've never seen a diagnosis of day to day turn into 12 months before. I held the entire time with no IR spot too. Every single day was day to day or questionable. Worst feeling ever hahaha 

I think the same thing happened to me with Josh Smith, probably on my same roster with T Jones haha. I just kept telling myself they’d come back and wreak havoc.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, tazdingo said:

Did I say this was an obvious ACL injury? I said "As someone who had Bryant, that wouldn't give me optimism". He landed weirdly on it and it didn't look good (maybe comparable to Morant's ankle injury). Anyone thinking he shakes it off after a week has probably never owned someone who's had an ankle injury like that.

Just a weird comparison considering they're 2 way different injuries. Not sure how they relate at all. Wood stepped and rolled his ankle.  

On 2/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, rob0403 said:

Yeah that's why I was asking if he has been injured before. Cause the doc was saying once hurt never the same. I had ankle issues like that too. 

First time I've heard that. My right ankle has been messed up a few times but after lots of strength and conditioning it feels better than ever. Maybe he needs some high tops and a brace moving forward 

18 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Dr. David Chao, who's usually pretty good diagnosing injuries based on video, doesn't think this is season-ending:

He said something very similar with regards to Ja Morant's injury. Both look to be lateral ankle sprains.

Has a sprained ankle ever cause a player to miss 51 games? What the heck is going on? Seriously.

45 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Has a sprained ankle ever cause a player to miss 51 games? What the heck is going on? Seriously.

Not sure what you mean. Before the MRI (Chao's tweet was made the same night Wood got hurt), we didn't know if it was just an ankle sprain. If Wood had torn his Achilles, for example, then he would have been out the rest of the season.