NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Missed out on him in the draft huh? I know it sucks.

My hypothesis is the guy in charge of the tagging is playing in a tight matchup against a Wood owner. 

I saw a rumor that some guy’s uncle is a night janitor at the clinic where they did the MRI and according to him, they’re going to chop it off. Sad. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

Has there been any news about him and a target return date? 

only thing I’ve seen is that he wants to come back before All Star and that he’s 80%. Post all star seems realistic to me. 

• Thanks 1

People on the Rockets subreddit seem confident he will be back in their first post ASB game against the Kings. The next day they play Utah.

Is it expected that he plays B2B in the first week from returning from ankle injury? I looked at Ja Morant's game log and he immediately played B2B games when he returned from his ankle injury. Put him in a lineup or not? 
If I cant get Wood two nights in a row, I'm not even gonna bother putting him in.

21 hours ago, BenSimmons25 said:

People on the Rockets subreddit seem confident he will be back in their first post ASB game against the Kings. The next day they play Utah.

Is it expected that he plays B2B in the first week from returning from ankle injury? I looked at Ja Morant's game log and he immediately played B2B games when he returned from his ankle injury. Put him in a lineup or not? 
If I cant get Wood two nights in a row, I'm not even gonna bother putting him in.

Rockets are borderline tanking at this point. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot on whether he plays B2Bs right away.

• Thanks 1

I’d much rather wait for him to come back when he’s fully 100% then come back a little premature and get hurt but yet again that’s probably cause I ain’t got to worry cause I’ve been in first all year. Feels good to be a goat at fantasy 

I think he will be back tonight or latest on Sunday! With that shattered Houston team and all the guys on the tradeblock he is absolutely in for a huge second half of the season as long as he stays healthy. Fingers crossed !!!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I think he will be back tonight or latest on Sunday! With that shattered Houston team and all the guys on the tradeblock he is absolutely in for a huge second half of the season as long as he stays healthy. Fingers crossed !!!

I hope you are right but I’m getting the feeling he isn’t gonna play much as they activate tank mode. I’ll be looking to trade him after his first game back, whenever that’s gonna be. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

I hope you are right but I’m getting the feeling he isn’t gonna play much as they activate tank mode. I’ll be looking to trade him after his first game back, whenever that’s gonna be. 

Why would you trade him? Houston isn’t gonna win **** with him as well, there focus will and should be developing the young guns Wood and Porter and hopefully get rid of Dipo (possible), Wall (difficult) and Tucker (already done).

There is absolutely no reason to rest him unless he is not healthy.

I would never trade him now, besides him there is no real fantasy contributer (only Porter jr. in his first two games) and he will probably get all the ball action he can handle. 

Edited by KB24MVP
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Why would you trade him? Houston isn’t gonna win **** with him as well, there focus will and should be developing the young guns Wood and Porter and hopefully get rid of Dipo (possible), Wall (difficult) and Tucker (already done).

There is absolutely no reason to rest him unless he is not healthy.

I would never trade him now, besides him there is no real fantasy contributer (only Porter jr. in his first two games) and he will probably get all the ball action he can handle. 

Shutdown/missed games risk would be the only reason. Presumably he’s healthy now and they still aren't playing him. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he misses a lot more games this year. Not sure how many B2Bs Houston has in the second half, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he sits them. I’m a glass half empty kinda guy so I hope I’m wrong. 

As a KPJ owner I'm actually looking forward to Wood coming back. They're Houston's future and I really wanna see their PnR game - it should be really fun 

You guys are too funny. Prior to the season some of you said Wood’s usage would be low, having to play with Harden. That is to say, we shouldn’t expect Wood to produce his Pistons stats.

Now everyone is gone and he’s the guy and he’s a shutdown risk.

In what situation, pray tell, would he flourish?

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys are too funny. Prior to the season some of you said Wood’s usage would be low, having to play with Harden. That is to say, we shouldn’t expect Wood to produce his Pistons stats.

Now everyone is gone and he’s the guy and he’s a shutdown risk.

In what situation, pray tell, would he flourish?

Competing for a playoff spot would have been the ideal middle ground.

The problem is that their pick is protected 1-4, otherwise it goes to OKC, so they have every incentive to tank so that they can keep it.

I just pray Wood doesn’t get any more injuries, because I think they are looking for excuses to play the G League squad. It’s also why I picked up KPJ as a hedge.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

As a KPJ owner I'm actually looking forward to Wood coming back. They're Houston's future and I really wanna see their PnR game - it should be really fun 

KMJ as well looks like a beast. Promising future in Houston

I just traded for this dude. The second injury was a freak accident so I’m not ready to cast him as injury prone just yet. I also think the Rockets have every incentive to play him because they’re so bad, they’ll be losing games whether he plays or not - so why not develop him? I do think he’ll miss some B2Bs but I believe in C Wood!

14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

KMJ as well looks like a beast. Promising future in Houston

I know. But I don’t think this is gonna be his season. House will come back eventually and he’s gonna compete with Nwaba too. 

10 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I know. But I don’t think this is gonna be his season. House will come back eventually and he’s gonna compete with Nwaba too. 

I think Nwaba gets surgery when guys return. I see House getting shipped along with McLemore 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I think Nwaba gets surgery when guys return. I see House getting shipped along with McLemore 

Nwaba already had surgery. 

I’m just mad someone beat me to Martin so I’m trying to convince myself it’s not a big loss 😭

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Competing for a playoff spot would have been the ideal middle ground.

The problem is that their pick is protected 1-4, otherwise it goes to OKC, so they have every incentive to tank so that they can keep it.

I just pray Wood doesn’t get any more injuries, because I think they are looking for excuses to play the G League squad. It’s also why I picked up KPJ as a hedge.

You can still tank and play Wood. It's not like he'll singlehandedly win them games. They're more likely to sit Dipo/Wall since they're not in the team's future plans. Wood will see the court when he's healthy.

• Like 2