NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Missed out on him in the draft huh? I know it sucks.

My hypothesis is the guy in charge of the tagging is playing in a tight matchup against a Wood owner. 

I saw a rumor that some guy’s uncle is a night janitor at the clinic where they did the MRI and according to him, they’re going to chop it off. Sad. 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, fantasyJunkie99 said:

I think i'd take him ahead of drummond and sabonis.

Maybe i'm falling for the hype 😅

I think this is going to be hands down the most fun thread to read this season whatever happens.

Over Sabonis?  An 18, 12, and 5 assist big man? And over Drummond?  If you can build around his FTs, a 17 and 15 guy with 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks?

Please lets not do this. I don't have anything against Wood and I do think he is going to do well in Houston, but the hype is really starting to get out of control. And this victory lap see this validates the hype stuff after one preseason game is funny. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fantasyJunkie99 said:

I think i'd take him ahead of drummond and sabonis.

Maybe i'm falling for the hype 😅

Hmm idk about that. That would definitely be falling for the hype. Those other guys are proven producers whose roles aren't changing. 

I took him 5th round and Cousins 6th for insurance. Had my league drafted after last nights game he probably would have been taken 3rd or 4th round. Regardless he's primed for a breakout season barring any injuries ofc, and cousins even said he was teaching wood a few things and taking him under his wing. 27 & 10 in 23 minutes though is wild he kinda reminds me of a poor mans AD but at this rate he'll be filling that skill gap in no time.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, shiftysaj said:

I took him 5th round and Cousins 6th for insurance. Had my league drafted after last nights game he probably would have been taken 3rd or 4th round. Regardless he's primed for a breakout season barring any injuries ofc, and cousins even said he was teaching wood a few things and taking him under his wing. 27 & 10 in 23 minutes though is wild he kinda reminds me of a poor mans AD but at this rate he'll be filling that skill gap in no time.

My condolences 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, crocp said:

Who has a better season...Wood or Sabonis?

Sabonis easily. 

I like Wood too, but let's pump the breaks just a bit fellas. He played one preseason game, that didn't feature Cousins or John Wall. I don't think he'll be scoring 20+ regularly with a full squad out there. 

This reminds me of last year when everybody's darling was Mitch Robinson and Thomas Bryant, both of which were busts relative to the hype, especially Bryant. Again I like Wood, but no way am I drafting him in the 1st 3-5 rounds. That's where I target guys like Sabonis, John Collins, Siakam, Randle, Zach Lavine, etc. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Sabonis easily. 

I like Wood too, but let's pump the breaks just a bit fellas. He played one preseason game, that didn't feature Cousins or John Wall. I don't think he'll be scoring 20+ regularly with a full squad out there. 

This reminds me of last year when everybody's darling was Mitch Robinson and Thomas Bryant, both of which were busts relative to the hype, especially Bryant. Again I like Wood, but no way am I drafting him in the 1st 3-5 rounds. That's where I target guys like Sabonis, John Collins, Siakam, Randle, Zach Lavine, etc. 

it depends on your league settings but i already kinda regret taking collins, don’t get me wrong, collins is awesome but the situation with him in atlanta doesn’t look ideal (future contract talks), he’s the clear n2 guy after trae but i don’t know, it’s just a gut feeling...on the other hand, i didn’t want to reach for wood so hard since we had a draft couple of weeks ago, i hope he does great but i think he’ll def finish higher than  most of the guys you mentioned - collins, siakam and randle

39 minutes ago, L3onD said:

it depends on your league settings but i already kinda regret taking collins, don’t get me wrong, collins is awesome but the situation with him in atlanta doesn’t look ideal (future contract talks), he’s the clear n2 guy after trae but i don’t know, it’s just a gut feeling...on the other hand, i didn’t want to reach for wood so hard since we had a draft couple of weeks ago, i hope he does great but i think he’ll def finish higher than  most of the guys you mentioned - collins, siakam and randle

I should probably also add a disclaimer that I play in points leagues. Guys like Randle and Collins are points league studs 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook