NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Wood 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

do you know how long KAT is out for?

There’s no timetable to his return. My guess is 4-6 weeks the earliest but could be more. 

just don’t have faith in KAT staying healthy and love the upside of wood. Don’t think I could have gotten a better deal for him. 

1 minute ago, Stagz_ said:

There’s no timetable to his return. My guess is 4-6 weeks the earliest but could be more. 

just don’t have faith in KAT staying healthy and love the upside of wood. Don’t think I could have gotten a better deal for him. 

I just hope Wood is consistently going to give you those stats he gave in Gm. 1.  It's an unknown at this point, but I hope it works out for you.

Just now, summersoff7 said:

I just hope Wood is consistently going to give you those stats he gave in Gm. 1.  It's an unknown at this point, but I hope it works out for you.

Im not really expecting him too. I know I am not going to get a player that will match his 1st round value. But to get a player who has great upside in Wood I think is a win. Not sure I could have gotten someone with a higher ADP. Well see. Good luck to you. 

33 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

Just traded KAT for Wood. Tough trade but had to pull the trigger due to KAT’s uncertainty moving forward. 

What can we expect here moving forward? 3rd round value? 

Ugh, I would be bothered if this went down in my league.  The new KAT owner’s super team will be rolling everyone when he comes back (probably). There is a lot of season left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 80version said:

Ugh, I would be bothered if this went down in my league.  The new KAT owner’s super team will be rolling everyone when he comes back (probably). There is a lot of season left. 

I disagree. I think KAT is very injury prone and is the new Embiid hes very fragile. This injury is more then what people think and he cant seem to stay healthy. We will see what happens. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

I disagree. I think KAT is very injury prone and is the new Embiid hes very fragile. This injury is more then what people think and he cant seem to stay healthy. We will see what happens. 

Very injury prone? New Embiid? Very fragile. Oh dear....

I didn’t know suffering two wrist injuries is the new Achilles tear and suddenly makes you very fragile and not able to stay healthy. I guess we all should worry for his career then? 

He only missed 5 games his first four years in the league with no major leg issues meanwhile Embiid has had multiple lower body injuries and never played more than 64 games in any season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

KAT is not injury prone. His first three season he played it all 82 games Then 77 games the following session then about 50%-60% of last season. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:12 AM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I just came in to say I was completely wrong about him. Not only is he fantastic, but he also has a great 2-man game going with Harden. They are perfectly suited.

Wood’s skill set fit with Harden, and HOU in general, is a big part of why I was so high on him earlier in the thread. And even then I probably undersold him as I had Wood pegged at 5th round in 12 teams H2H 

17 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Wood’s skill set fit with Harden, and HOU in general, is a big part of why I was so high on him earlier in the thread. And even then I probably undersold him as I had Wood pegged at 5th round in 12 teams H2H 

He barely fell to the 5th round in maybe 1 or 2 of my standard $$ leagues.   People were taking him in the 40-48 range for the most part.  Based on the SSS available there’s still upside value to be had in that range, which would have sounded very optimistic to me a couple weeks ago.  

1 minute ago, pdids911 said:

i dont think the kat deal is bad. idk why people are saying wow. out multiple weeks in a short season, after his horrible year last year, id make the deal too. wood is amazing. also, youre an ironman until you're not. kat might be injury prone now... 

Exactly my thinking... exactly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stagz_ said:

The dichotomy on these boards is so fun. In the KAT thread, I got clowned for not immediately accepting wood for Kat. Here, there is a clear preference for Kat.

For what it's worth, I prefer wood given what we know about the timberwolves shady injury notes. It's not inconceivable that we don't see KAT again this year. I re-offered Kat for Wood and was declined.