NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s about to get fully unleashed. Grant has signed in Detroit and Millsap leaving I can’t wait to see this stud breakout

If he is indeed starting and is unleashed hes fantasy gold. Lets say he is named starter, what round are we talking about here?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

If he is indeed starting and is unleashed hes fantasy gold. Lets say he is named starter, what round are we talking about here?

Late rounds would be fair? Man he’s going to be awesome to watch with Joker 

50 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Late rounds would be fair? Man he’s going to be awesome to watch with Joker 

In competitive money leagues you will be very lucky to get him in late rounds. I have not drafted yet so this is just a guess. Still I would be surprised if hes still there after the 8th round.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Scary even imagining that. So much guys I like this year. Oubre, Wood, MPJ, RoCo, J. Brown, B. Clark, Grant 

• Like 1

The reality is that DEN isn’t going anywhere unless MPJr develops into their 3rd superstar player (along with Jokic & JMurray - Bubble version). They absolutely need him to take that leap to stand a chance in dethroning the LAK and getting past other top teams in the West. JGrant moving on to DET removes the key player that would have potentially blocked his minutes for this upcoming season. This is a long-winded way of saying that MPJr should get all the minutes that he can handle and a huge breakout season could be in store.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

The reality is that DEN isn’t going anywhere unless MPJr develops into their 3rd superstar player (along with Jokic & JMurray - Bubble version). They absolutely need him to take that leap to stand a chance in dethroning the LAK and getting past other top teams in the West. JGrant moving on to DET removes the key player that would have potentially blocked his minutes for this upcoming season. This is a long-winded way of saying that MPJr should get all the minutes that he can handle and a huge breakout season could be in store.

This is true. Also don’t forget Will Barton is still there though for the time being eating up 13 million a season if he is healthy.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This is true. Also don’t forget Will Barton is still there though for the time being eating up 13 million a season if he is healthy.

I was going to mention Barton in my post but didn’t want to ramble on too much. Basically, DEN would be crazy to start him over MPJr & Barton should be in the second unit. His minutes will/should be monitored given his injury issues the last couple seasons. 

He has the opportunity to ball out. Like others said, no grant and no Millsap this year so a lot more minutes for him. Barton has always been better as a 6th man and Gary Harris has apparently forgotten how to play basketball. 

I'm targeting him after round 6 but not sure if he will be available there. 

Also just a warning - he's an anti vaxx guy so don't be surprised if he catches covid even after vaccines are available lol

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ffs Millsap returning to Denver. Hopefully doesn’t impact MPJ

A 35 year old Millsap on a 1 year team friendly deal is better than a 26 year old JGrant on a big multi-year deal. Would be nuts if JaMychal or Millsap block MPJr but coaches aren’t always the brightest & crazier things have happened. Bottom-line though is that his competition for minutes at SF & PF isn’t as daunting as it could have been.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

A 35 year old Millsap on a 1 year team friendly deal is better than a 26 year old JGrant on a big multi-year deal. Would be nuts if JaMychal or Millsap block MPJr but coaches aren’t always the brightest & crazier things have happened. Bottom-line though is that his competition for minutes at SF & PF isn’t as daunting as it could have been.

I worry with Malone he loves playing everyone. Plus Barton and Harris should be back healthy but let’s hope for the best my friend 🙏

• Like 1

The only thing that was holding Porter back last season was his defensive lapses. Milsap will probably get his 18-22 min and Green will back up both forward/center spots. Still waiting if Barton decides to pick up his option or not. Either way even Malone knows the future of this team consists of the big 3 (Murray, Jokic, MPJ)

Along with Wood, MPJ looks to be one of those players who will be overdrafted this year. The difference is the former looks to be more of a lock to produce. I'd love to get MPJ but will be wary of reaching for him. I think he is a lock to go into the 40-80 range in competitive drafts. Someone will reach for him and id rather be not that guy. 

With that being said, his bubble non-playoff stats are pristine. 

Barton, Craig, Millsap and Jam Green are still on the team although I agree with one of the above posters, if DEN wants to take on the next step, they NEED to unleash MPJ and not bench him for Craig once the playoffs arrive. For that to happen, he needs to improve his defense. 

• Like 4

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have been around so long.

MPJ showed what he is capable of last season and I believe most fantasy players believe, and rightfully so, that he offers more in real life and fantasy than Barton, Craig, Millsap ,etc.  However, in real life, he plays for a coach who like to spread minutes out and play match ups.  He is paid millions to make those decision and has been quite successful at it.  MPJ's time will come. Hopefully sooner than later. As ScarioSanity and others have noted, his potential and shininess will cause him to be overdrafted.  If I were to guess, he will seem overdrafted early in the year, but seem like a value come the stretch run.  I agree with others. Denver only takes the next step if MPJ can take it up another notch.  Talent is not the question, staying on the court and being given the opportunity are.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ffs Millsap returning to Denver. Hopefully doesn’t impact MPJ

It will for this season unfortunately. Mill sap will be starting and it will be a time share because they had so much success last year they aren’t about to change it up now just for MPJ. I will not be targeting this man anymore.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

Another player I'd be concerned about because of the lack of minutes to divvy between the entire roster is Gary Harris. This guy was supposed to be the 2nd option behind Jokic prior to all those injuries hitting him. If he's healthy, he's going to be asking for a huge chunk of those touches again. You could also argue the same about Will Barton but I'm not sure if he'll eat up as much attention as Harris.

That said, I'm rooting for MPJ to take over this team.

2 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Another player I'd be concerned about because of the lack of minutes to divvy between the entire roster is Gary Harris. This guy was supposed to be the 2nd option behind Jokic prior to all those injuries hitting him. If he's healthy, he's going to be asking for a huge chunk of those touches again. You could also argue the same about Will Barton but I'm not sure if he'll eat up as much attention as Harris.

That said, I'm rooting for MPJ to take over this team.

Gary harris is not 2nd scoring option,lol.....it's Murray

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kane said:

Gary harris is not 2nd scoring option,lol.....it's Murray

Obviously this is the case now but when they were still rookies/sophs, they were both vying for the title of #2 option behind Jokic. 

• Like 1

22.0 points, 8.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.9 blocks, 2.7 triples and 2.0 turnovers on 55% from the field and 93% from the line We’re his numbers in the bubble and he was so dominant alongside Joker. As long as Malone doesn’t act up this guy will be on many winning rosters 

• Like 1