NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

They better not keep him out extra days with the bs conditioning excuse. 

I think they'll at least use it to keep his minutes down.  I mean, the Nuggets are getting destroyed without a tertiary scorer behind Joker and Murray, and rapidly losing time to get back into the playoff race, but sure, limit MPJ and lose more games.  I just find it funny that Zeller broke his hand to start the season, but he's only missed a few more games than MPJ and is also not expected to have minutes restrictions.

I guess on the bright side, we're finally getting him back.  My IL spot looks so strange without him now.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MWon said:

I think they'll at least use it to keep his minutes down.  I mean, the Nuggets are getting destroyed without a tertiary scorer behind Joker and Murray, and rapidly losing time to get back into the playoff race, but sure, limit MPJ and lose more games.  I just find it funny that Zeller broke his hand to start the season, but he's only missed a few more games than MPJ and is also not expected to have minutes restrictions.

I guess on the bright side, we're finally getting him back.  My IL spot looks so strange without him now.

You had an empty IL spot for him?

spacer.png

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

You had an empty IL spot for him?

lol lol, I mean it looks weird without HIM on it.  All of my leagues just moved around guys like Wall/Bertans/Horford/etc ...

I think Silver should give us a refund for this year and wasting our time.  :P

1 minute ago, halbounih said:

green and Morris came off the bench before him, I hope this is a situation of being limited first game back and nothing else. 

once he gets going, malone will have to play him

5 minutes ago, L3onD said:

once he gets going, malone will have to play him

I feel like the only person that looks for him is Jokic. everyone in the 2nd unit I feel have already gelled together the past 3 weeks he's been out. literally didn't get one shot off as a result. 

edit: I think im just overreacting to the first game back, excited to finally have him back, don't mind me

Edited by halbounih
8 minutes ago, halbounih said:

I feel like the only person that looks for him is Jokic. everyone in the 2nd unit I feel have already gelled together the past 3 weeks he's been out. literally didn't get one shot off as a result. 

edit: I think im just overreacting to the first game back, excited to finally have him back, don't mind me

he’ll be fine, he’s arguably their second best player and a starter, he’ll get his

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1

i know he’ll get more minutes tommorow but f--- you and your rotations, he was really good running and spreading the floor every time he came in plus he was engadged on defense

barton just sucks man

Edited by L3onD
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, mtx said:

Another first or second round playoff loss. Denver is trash. ISO ball all day from Murray and Jokic while the rest of the team watches on.

I agree dude had 1 shot in 4th q and 2OTs, I don't get how you don't get him more involved in the offense

• Like 1
13 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Only guy isoing is Murray 

Murray is overrated.

The bubble got everyone hoaxed from last year.

He’s a great great player, not a superstar.

But I’m not worried about MPJ , the cream always rises to the top.

A few games & he’ll be back to his balling ways.

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Murray is overrated.

The bubble got everyone hoaxed from last year.

He’s a great great player, not a superstar.

But I’m not worried about MPJ , the cream always rises to the top.

A few games & he’ll be back to his balling ways.

thats how it should be

but beware of the great cockblocker named mike malone, the biggest mpj hater and the biggest barton/harris/millsap boner getter...

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, L3onD said:

thats how it should be

but beware of the great cockblocker named mike malone, the biggest mpj hater and the biggest barton/harris/millsap boner getter...

Yeah I hear ya.

Malone’s a chum,  just like Luke Walton.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, MWon said:

I think they'll at least use it to keep his minutes down.  I mean, the Nuggets are getting destroyed without a tertiary scorer behind Joker and Murray, and rapidly losing time to get back into the playoff race, but sure, limit MPJ and lose more games. 

They’ve won 8 of their last 11 and are currently 3.5 games back from first in the west

20 hours ago, mtx said:

Another first or second round playoff loss. Denver is trash. ISO ball all day from Murray and Jokic while the rest of the team watches on.

This is one of those rare posts with so many hilariously wrong statements I don’t even know where to start, but “ISO ball from Jokic while rest of the team watches” are words that have never been put together in a sentence by anyone who has ever seen Denver play or know what those words mean lol. 

The thing with MPJ is he is an elite scorer on his own and is elite at being in the right spot to clean up O rebounds etc, but he’s pretty slow to actually learn how to incorporate himself into an actual system on either end of the floor. He’ll get there but it takes a while to incorporate a main cog into something that hasn’t changed much in three or four years, especially when that cog is slow to pick it up. He’s frequently in the wrong spot and there were many times before he was out that you could see frustration on teammates faces, especially Jokic. Again I think he’ll get there but it makes people look really dumb to just blame the coach. 

• Like 1