NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

44 minutes ago, srb said:

They’ve won 8 of their last 11 and are currently 3.5 games back from first in the west

This is one of those rare posts with so many hilariously wrong statements I don’t even know where to start, but “ISO ball from Jokic while rest of the team watches” are words that have never been put together in a sentence by anyone who has ever seen Denver play or know what those words mean lol. 

The thing with MPJ is he is an elite scorer on his own and is elite at being in the right spot to clean up O rebounds etc, but he’s pretty slow to actually learn how to incorporate himself into an actual system on either end of the floor. He’ll get there but it takes a while to incorporate a main cog into something that hasn’t changed much in three or four years, especially when that cog is slow to pick it up. He’s frequently in the wrong spot and there were many times before he was out that you could see frustration on teammates faces, especially Jokic. Again I think he’ll get there but it makes people look really dumb to just blame the coach. 

Rule #1 of Rotoworld:

If my player is not getting minutes/touches.

BLAME THE COACH!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NashNoTrash said:

MPJ should be back to his productive self next week with 4 games right ?

Any concern to start him over Lauri Markkanen (3 games) next week?

Mark lost a game due to PPD, so I believe he only plays 2 next week. Easy call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Rule #1 of Rotoworld:

If my player is not getting minutes/touches.

BLAME THE COACH!

Well to be fair even Jokic himself has said they need to give Porter more touches.

6 hours ago, srb said:

They’ve won 8 of their last 11 and are currently 3.5 games back from first in the west

With asterisks being 8 of those 11 games were against: 2 of a pathetic Wolves squad, 1 with GSW, 1 against the rebuilding OKC, and 1 against a Sixers team who literally fielded 6 players because they were so Rona-depleted and Rivers jokingly asked Malone to bench 8 players for him.  And between the time you typed that and my initial comment, they won their last two with MPJ back in a B2B vs the Suns.  They might not have been getting destroyed as I said, but they certainly weren't anywhere close to being worldbeaters.

MPJ gives them another capable/consistent scorer and rebounder, something they're missing with Barton. MPJ's deficiencies on defense I could see being compensated for by guys like Dozier and Harris.

5 hours ago, NashNoTrash said:

MPJ should be back to his productive self next week with 4 games right ?

Any concern to start him over Lauri Markkanen (3 games) next week?

I'd probably put that in the AC forum, but the Bulls only play twice this coming week (1 PPD on Wed, which might be okay since it's a crowded day anyway).  Given that, you'd probably want to take 4 games from MPJ over 2 from Lauri.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, L3onD said:

im starting to think this guy ****** malones daughter or wife or something like that

He’s missed 2-3 weeks due to covid. He’s gonna get eased in. 

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Barton needs to be on the bench 

Hes a** cheeks lol

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s missed 2-3 weeks due to covid. He’s gonna get eased in. 

Hes a** cheeks lol

I just hope MPJ doesn't end up riding the bench with only 24-26 mins a game, when he should be getting 30+ every night. 

dude literally got tired of barton jerking the ball and ran from one corner to him to get the ball and score a cold blooded buzzer three

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this kid ever develops some serious handles, he would be KD-lite. His jumper is pure. When he plays w/ confidence and starts requesting the ball it’s his world 

Imagine him requesting a trade to say OKC to pair up w/ SGA (Oooowee) 

12 minutes ago, Cozie said:

If this kid ever develops some serious handles, he would be KD-lite. His jumper is pure. When he plays w/ confidence and starts requesting the ball it’s his world 

Or stay in Denver and build the next great big 3 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Cozie said:

"Trade me to OKC! " said no one literally ever