NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, halbounih said:

green starting over MPJ, Malone will start a janitor in the locker room before he ends up starting mpj again

At this point their mascot Rocky has a chance to gain more minutes than MPJ.

• Haha 2

In all honesty if MPJ wants to be great in this league he needs to accept the challenge and improve his defense. Learn your defensive assignments, slide your feet and give 100% on the other side of the ball. 
Personally I would be pissed knowing my coach trusts J. Green, Barton and Millsap more on the court than me. 
Be great kid, you have the skill set to dominate out there. 

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

MPJ owners you panicking? is this a buy low opportunity for us non owners?

send bag of potatoes, but realistically no one knows what will happen, like I don't get why he's only getting 20 mins a night doesn't matter how bad he is defensively because they need him improve quickly if they want to make it far in playoffs so the more mins he plays the faster he'll learn. 

4 minutes ago, halbounih said:

send bag of potatoes, but realistically no one knows what will happen, like I don't get why he's only getting 20 mins a night doesn't matter how bad he is defensively because they need him improve quickly if they want to make it far in playoffs so the more mins he plays the faster he'll learn. 

exactly why I want him despite of what's going on. Talent isnt an issue. Health isnt an issue. It's more of an internal coaching thing. So I'm more optimistic. Theyre about to lose to the lakers and they will realize they need MPJ .

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

exactly why I want him despite of what's going on. Talent isnt an issue. Health isnt an issue. It's more of an internal coaching thing. So I'm more optimistic. Theyre about to lose to the lakers and they will realize they need MPJ .

lool I feel like the coach knows he needs mpj to succeed but doesn't care at this point, he's literally stuck at 20 mins no matter who's available that's the only thing that's confusing me, he hasn't play more than 20 mins in 3 games now. while you have a bench warmer like green playing 28 mins by the end of the 3rd although he is putting up better numbers than porter. But I feel like porter needs time to get into his rhythm as a shooter and playing short stints will not benefit anyone. 

4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Are you watching? When he came in in the 3rd the lakers went on a massive run and the game swung 20 points lol. Not a good case for playing him more. 

• Like 1
Just now, halbounih said:

lool I feel like the coach knows he needs mpj to succeed but doesn't care at this point, he's literally stuck at 20 mins no matter who's available that's the only thing that's confusing me, he hasn't play more than 20 mins in 3 games now. while you have a bench warmer like green playing 28 mins by the end of the 3rd although he is putting up better numbers than porter. But I feel like porter needs time to get into his rhythm as a shooter and playing short stints will not benefit anyone. 

im okay with green playing big minutes, hes been really good this season...what i cant fathom is how you dont run plays for him, every shot he takes is either forced or he cuts and gets an easy one, there has been times where he doesnt even touch the ball for 3-4 minutes...**** is frustrating and analytics maybe saying something different but dude is so good offensively that its a shame that they dont use him more often

2 minutes ago, srb said:

Are you watching? When he came in in the 3rd the lakers went on a massive run and the game swung 20 points lol. Not a good case for playing him more. 

youre putting all of that on him...bro stop it, denver scored 14 total points since they had a 75-68 lead...lakers are just abusing them cause they are a much better team

1 minute ago, L3onD said:

youre putting all of that on him...bro stop it, denver scored 14 total points since they had a 75-68 lead...lakers are just abusing them cause they are a much better team

tht going off. bron's passing, 7 blks vs 1 by the lakers, devenr shooting 40% vs lakers 60%

4 minutes ago, L3onD said:

I’m not putting it all on him but he made some awful plays on D and couldn’t make anything while the starters started the game great. I’m just asking how is that possibly a case to play him more or start him?

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

tht going off. bron's passing, 7 blks vs 1 by the lakers, devenr shooting 40% vs lakers 60%

when you shut jokara down, its fairly to easy to beat the nuggets tbh...the problem is, not many teams have AD and marc to guard him

lakers played a masterful second half, its the same old story from the playoffs when they faced each other

• Like 1

MPJ looked did not look comfortable tonight against the Lakers defence. Starting to regret trading Drummond for him this season. Still very talented, but might take some time to get confident. He does not really understand his role out there, every half opportunity he will put his hands up to ask for the ball. Does not trust in his team mates to get him the ball. Crowds other people's spacing with his cuts. Looks over eager, but not in a good way - in a selfish way. Does not seem to be able to / not trusted to drive the ball.

Looks like he is starting to appear on other teams scouting reports as Lebron picked him up twice on defense and made him give up the ball. Could explain why he has not been getting as many open threes. His off ball movement / cuts is still good and gets him open buckets. Stroke still looks good. 

Edited by eladamrine

What do you get when you treat MPJ like a scrub rotation piece and give him 20 min, but you give bum Barton 35 minutes and JaMychal Green 30 min?

spacer.png

A 20 point blowout loss to LAL. 

Green and Barton really gave them that defensive boost they were looking for, they clearly didn’t need help MPJ’s scoring. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Haha 5