NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

Just now, iowncrazyhair said:

Barton 36 mins, millsap 32 mins, green 28 mins. Mpj ***** 19 mins. Take that big fat L malone

man they could've at least played him in garbage time for crying out loud to help him develop

2 minutes ago, halbounih said:

man they could've at least played him in garbage time for crying out loud to help him develop

He is not a developmental piece anymore. He is grown man with expectations now who sits if he does not play well.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, srb said:

I’m not putting it all on him but he made some awful plays on D and couldn’t make anything while the starters started the game great. I’m just asking how is that possibly a case to play him more or start him?

hahaha jokara doesnt play any defense, murray gets blown by a lot, i dont wanna even start with barton and green...the only good defenders in that starting five are millsap and harris (and harris hasnt been so great either tbh plus hes a liability on the offensive end)

they are getting torched by most good teams this season cause they got rid of craig and grant left them for f***in detroit

tell me again how incorporating a 7 footer who can play off ball and shoot the **** outta the ball is a bad thing?

malone is slowly digging his grave with his stuborness

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Those that are sure to show up here and say Malone is a good coach. Explain to me this why is Barton and Green playing 30+ a game while Porter is less than 20. There is NO excuse. It's not like he's backing up LeBron. It's m'fing Barton.

There is really no other player in the NBA, drafted as high as Porter, who has showed the ability of Porter, who gets as few minutes as Porter, especially when you factor in the depth of this team. 

1 minute ago, L3onD said:

hahaha jokara doesnt play any defense, murray gets blown by a lot, i dont wanna even start with barton and green...the only good defenders in that starting five are millsap and harris (and harris hasnt been so great either tbh plus hes a liability on the offensive end)

they are getting torched by most good teams this season cause they got rid of craig and grant left them for f***in detroit

tell me again how incorporating a 7 footer who can play off ball and shoot the **** outta the ball is a bad thing?

malone is slowly digging his grave with his stuborness

Milsap is pretty washed on D. One of Malones worst mistakes tonight was sticking with Milsap rather than going back to Green during the run. Green has been awesome and is one of their best 3 pt shooters. 

if you don’t think Jokic doesn’t play any defense then you obviously haven’t watched Denver for like five years (or else are just rolling with old lazy narratives...no serious person still believes that). 

look I think MPJ should start and play 30+ but he was trash tonight and it’s wild to think someone like Green playing 28 minutes against a huge lakers team is bad lol. 

17 minutes ago, srb said:

Milsap is pretty washed on D. One of Malones worst mistakes tonight was sticking with Milsap rather than going back to Green during the run. Green has been awesome and is one of their best 3 pt shooters. 

if you don’t think Jokic doesn’t play any defense then you obviously haven’t watched Denver for like five years (or else are just rolling with old lazy narratives...no serious person still believes that). 

look I think MPJ should start and play 30+ but he was trash tonight and it’s wild to think someone like Green playing 28 minutes against a huge lakers team is bad lol. 

millsap is washed, thats clear as a day...but so many washed guys are still playing a bunch on the nuggets so why not...

where did you see i said anything about green? hes their only good addition this summer and i like the dude, every other move was a step back for the team

jokara is probably by far my favorite player today but i have to be real and say he has and he will always have serious issues on the defensive end and his flaws get masked a lot - and im not saying hes lazy but as most great offensive talents he takes plays off and thats perfectly fine...but he can be their defensive black hole as much as porter is one

Edited by L3onD
19 minutes ago, L3onD said:

It's not that malone doesn't want. to. he is simply not capeable of doing it. MPJ is getting the shots every other Player would be getting to. if he is open at the 3p line? kick out is coming. if not? well.. just stand there and wait. 

Grant knew what that "System" means for Players not named jokic and murray so he did the Right Thing for his Career and left

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

It's not that malone doesn't want. to. he is simply not capeable of doing it. MPJ is getting the shots every other Player would be getting to. if he is open at the 3p line? kick out is coming. if not? well.. just stand there and wait. 

Grant knew what that "System" means for Players not named jokic and murray so he did the Right Thing for his Career and left

and if I was Porter Id ask for a trade.

• Like 1

I'm with y'all.  I'm a huge Malone fan, but I have no idea what he's doing. When you're getting destroyed by teams on offense, why don't you throw MPJ and let him do something?  It's not like you're gonna stop the opposing team from scoring. And even if you're getting blown out, why play Millsap and JaM so many minutes when you could be developing one of your few young promising players?

Nuggets commentators praise Millsap for his defense, but I don't see it. It's not like Joker and Murray are even passable defenders, and JaM and Barton aren't either.  MPJ needs more minutes either as a starter or staggered with Joker because watching the game, Monte rarely even looks his way on offense off the bench (evidenced by his amazing 1 assist as a PG). 

10 minutes ago, MWon said:

I'm with y'all.  I'm a huge Malone fan, but I have no idea what he's doing. When you're getting destroyed by teams on offense, why don't you throw MPJ and let him do something?  It's not like you're gonna stop the opposing team from scoring. And even if you're getting blown out, why play Millsap and JaM so many minutes when you could be developing one of your few young promising players?

Nuggets commentators praise Millsap for his defense, but I don't see it. It's not like Joker and Murray are even passable defenders, and JaM and Barton aren't either.  MPJ needs more minutes either as a starter or staggered with Joker because watching the game, Monte rarely even looks his way on offense off the bench (evidenced by his amazing 1 assist as a PG). 

They. Were. Not. Getting. Destroyed. On. Offense. They were up 75-70 with 3 min left in the 3rd. The starters were great. Jokic picked up his fourth and the Lakers defense was incredible and they went on a 13-0 run with MPJ in the game. 

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, srb said:

They. Were. Not. Getting. Destroyed. On. Offense. They were up 75-70 with 3 min left in the 3rd. The starters were great. Jokic picked up his fourth and the Lakers defense was incredible and they went on a 13-0 run with MPJ in the game. 

they got destroyed offensively and defensively in the second half

the starters were not great

3 minutes ago, srb said:

LMAO end of discussion. Malone doesn't care about our fantasy teams

Edited by pistachio_enthusiast
22 minutes ago, pistachio_enthusiast said:

LMAO end of discussion. Malone doesn't care about our fantasy teams

clearly doesn't care about winning, because green and barton are going to win him a first round exit in the west this year. 

32 minutes ago, srb said:

Barton had 9 pts in 35 minutes. ThE sTaRTeRs WeRe GReAt 🤡

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, srb said:

Wow, it's like putting periods after every word makes you right.  I guess that's at least better than capitalizing everything.  

The starters put up 24/64 (37.5%) with a -10 average +/-, while Murray was the only one to crack 20 points (barely); I dunno how you can defend Millsap shooting 3/13 for 6 points in over 30 minutes and call that great.  Even watching the game, they looked awful.  MPJ shot poorly on a few contested jumpers and got his shot blocked twice, though that's hardly any consolation to fantasy owners.

7 minutes ago, halbounih said:

clearly doesn't care about winning, because green and barton are going to win him a first round exit in the west this year. 

Eh, I'm sure the Nuggets' depth will somehow get them to the R2 of the playoffs.  But I don't think they can skate around coming back from 1-3 deficits this time.  I just wish MPJ were on a weaker team where he could showcase his talents without worrying about defense (which I agree is atrocious) or getting randomly benched.

• Like 1

Denver has had a lot of success with their starting unit and it has some serious chemistry with themselves. Im not blaming the coach to keep on it when they are looking to challenge for the 'ship. Developing Porter is secondary to that. Malone is forcing managements hand with his rotation. "Make a move bitches" if you want to see a change. 

I hope management does budge and either trades Porter or better than that trades Murray. Then we can see what Malone has in his sleeve next!

2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Denver has had a lot of success with their starting unit and it has some serious chemistry with themselves. Im not blaming the coach to keep on it when they are looking to challenge for the 'ship. Developing Porter is secondary to that. Malone is forcing managements hand with his rotation. "Make a move bitches" if you want to see a change. 

I hope management does budge and either trades Porter or better than that trades Murray. Then we can see what Malone has in his sleeve next!

They could probably trade for Bradley Beal and he'd bench him for Morris or someone else.

What a disaster of a draft pick he ends up being. Btw there is no excuse that he is playing less than 25 mins on nightly basis, that's on Malone. Porter has many issues as a player still, but don't tell me he is so bad that if he plays 25 mins they are doomed. It's just that their coach is incompetent in taking advantage of Porter's abilities.

The Nuggets are basically a 2 man game springled with wild Barton moments. Jerami apparently knew what he was doing as he would never evolve as a player here and he said that was the most important for him (since money would be the same). I suppose Porter will walk out the door when his chance arrives too.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

What a disaster of a draft pick he ends up being. Btw there is no excuse that he is playing less than 25 mins on nightly basis, that's on Malone. Porter has many issues as a player still, but don't tell me he is so bad that if he plays 25 mins they are doomed. It's just that their coach is incompetent in taking advantage of Porter's abilities.

The Nuggets are basically a 2 man game springled with wild Barton moments. Jerami apparently knew what he was doing as he would never evolve as a player here and he said that was the most important for him (since money would be the same). I suppose Porter will walk out the door when his chance arrives too.

Of course he'll walk first chance. At what point does management notice that their coach is chasing great players out of Denver and will never be a true competitor as long as Malone is there. If I was a Nuggets fan I'd be pissed.

15 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

And now grant gets to be the lead anchor on a team with the worst record in the east for now and the foreseeable future. Nuggets ain't about that. So maybe porter can go to wizards and take over the 15th seed posting good numbers and then we never have to hear all this whining again

5 minutes ago, TheBigSlick said:

And now grant gets to be the lead anchor on a team with the worst record in the east for now and the foreseeable future. Nuggets ain't about that. So maybe porter can go to wizards and take over the 15th seed posting good numbers and then we never have to hear all this whining again

Yes and maybe now that everyone knows how good Jerami is the title contenders start trying to lure him away from the Pistons. So you say that he should have stayed a role player forever just to play for the mighty Nuggets? You think the Nuggets are winning a title anytime soon?

People have ambitions. If he keeps this up Jerami will soon be an All Star and play for a better team.

Nuggets could use some Jerami now don't you think? Oh they had him but only gave him spot up 3s, let me think who was the coach..

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1