Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Yes and maybe now that everyone knows how good Jerami is the title contenders start trying to lure him away from the Pistons. So you say that he should have stayed a role player forever just to play for the mighty Nuggets? You think the Nuggets are winning a title anytime soon?

People have ambitions. If he keeps this up Jerami will soon be an All Star and play for a better team.

 

Nuggets could use some Jerami now don't you think? Oh they had him but only gave him spot up 3s, let me think who was the coach..

Yes yes I'm sure all the whiners in here are primarily concerned with jeramis and mpjs future cheques and future ring/performance numbers 🙄

And since you're insinuating you were ahead of the ball and aware that jerami grant was being held back I'm assuming you drafted him accordingly this year and weren't one of the naysayers during his horrendous preseason? Also without doing any research, if you're team is 15th in the weak conference, you won't and definitely shouldn't be an all star. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TheBigSlick said:

Yes yes I'm sure all the whiners in here are primarily concerned with jeramis and mpjs future cheques and future ring/performance numbers 🙄

And since you're insinuating you were ahead of the ball and aware that jerami grant was being held back I'm assuming you drafted him accordingly this year and weren't one of the naysayers during his horrendous preseason? Also without doing any research, if you're team is 15th in the weak conference, you won't and definitely shouldn't be an all star. 

No this is not what I'm saying. I didn't see this coming, but I suppose this change didn't happen overnight and his last coach should have seen what he is capable of. It's not normal to become this good in 2 months. You believe all this is 2 months work? And i suppose it wasn't even 2 months work since he was playing till late, he was probably resting till this season started. I'm not talking about All Star now, but in the next season or so.

I just have Porter in 1/8 leagues i'm in. I don't have many stocks so it doesn't hurt me that much. And this one league is roto so i can wait. It just doesn't make sense to see such a talented player not go over at least 25 mins on nightly basis. He is playing him less than 20 mins for 4 games straight. This cannot make them better in the long run. 

If you don't like what people say in this topic you can just stop writing here. I suppose you don't believe in Porter so you don't own him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Yes and maybe now that everyone knows how good Jerami is the title contenders start trying to lure him away from the Pistons. So you say that he should have stayed a role player forever just to play for the mighty Nuggets? You think the Nuggets are winning a title anytime soon?

People have ambitions. If he keeps this up Jerami will soon be an All Star and play for a better team.

 

Nuggets could use some Jerami now don't you think? Oh they had him but only gave him spot up 3s, let me think who was the coach..

This is what baffles me about people who defend Malone. The Nuggets could have Jerami, but Malone treated him the same way he's treating Porter Jr. and Jerami made the smart decision to go elsewhere. The same will happen with Porter Jr. Malone has no idea how to utilize the talent on his roster. Denver isn't winning a championship with him as caoch. Period. They're only as good as Jokic who without a doubt will get sick of losing in the playoffs at some point and leave too. The only hope for Denver to become a real contender is a coach who knows how to use what he he has. Denver COULD be great, but not with Malone. Unless you're content with regular season success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

No this is not what I'm saying. I didn't see this coming, but I suppose this change didn't happen overnight and his last coach should have seen what he is capable of. It's not normal to become this good in 2 months. You believe all this is 2 months work? And i suppose it wasn't even 2 months work since he was playing till late, he was probably resting till this season started. I'm not talking about All Star now, but in the next season or so.

I just have Porter in 1/8 leagues i'm in. I don't have many stocks so it doesn't hurt me that much. And this one league is roto so i can wait. It just doesn't make sense to see such a talented player not go over at least 25 mins on nightly basis. He is playing him less than 20 mins for 4 games straight. This cannot make them better in the long run. 

If you don't like what people say in this topic you can just stop writing here. I suppose you don't believe in Porter so you don't own him.

3 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

This is what baffles me about people who defend Malone. The Nuggets could have Jerami, but Malone treated him the same way he's treating Porter Jr. and Jerami made the smart decision to go elsewhere. The same will happen with Porter Jr. Malone has no idea how to utilize the talent on his roster. Denver isn't winning a championship with him as caoch. Period. They're only as good as Jokic who without a doubt will get sick of losing in the playoffs at some point and leave too. The only hope for Denver to become a real contender is a coach who knows how to use what he he has. Denver COULD be great, but not with Malone. Unless you're content with regular season success.

 

You both keep saying you don't understand why he doesn't get minutes. Along with plenty of other people in here. Then disregard all the replies where people say and provide stats on how bad his defensive issues are as a reason. Then 2 posts later you guys reiterate. I don't understand why he doesn't get minutes 😂

People are more likely to reply/post negatively about why mpj isn't getting mins then reply, using their personal time to argue on def ears. Usually, like most people, I just sweep through threads to stay up to date with things. I just got suckered in with this one. Idk why, but seeing people blame malone both cracks me up and salts me. So I replied once and have been stuck in a cycle of defense now. But I'm sure there's plenty of people who know/agree about this being mostly mpjs issue to resolve and a little bit malone's, they just don't bother posting.

You guys keep replying like we defending malone as if he's pop. We're mostly just saying you guys don't know what you're talking about if you're choosing to believe his offensive powerhouse strength outweighs his defensive floors positively to the game. And are clearly only worried about your fantasy numbers. Just man up and accept you must have overpaid. This isn't the year he's completely breaking out cuz he still has floors to iron out. He's still posting good numbers on great splits at a solid 26mpg. It was an even more solid 28mpg a few games ago, and although his minutes have been trending down lately, so have nuggets Ls. Especially when you run the numbers of their 21 games. The games he started. The games he missed. And the games he came back off the bench. The wins have improved a lot. 

And if you're going to call me out saying I don't believe in mpj go read up on the pages of reasons I've given as to why he's not getting minutes before entering the chat, and how I do think he's gonna be good. That just shows you haven't read up to date in here and makes that comment ignorant. If you cant show you've put in enough effort to read a few pages back before making a blind opinion then it further proves the lack of effort you've put into trying to understand why mpj isn't getting minutes

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheBigSlick said:

You both keep saying you don't understand why he doesn't get minutes. Along with plenty of other people in here. Then disregard all the replies where people say and provide stats on how bad his defensive issues are as a reason. Then 2 posts later you guys reiterate. I don't understand why he doesn't get minutes 😂

People are more likely to reply/post negatively about why mpj isn't getting mins then reply, using their personal time to argue on def ears. Usually, like most people, I just sweep through threads to stay up to date with things. I just got suckered in with this one. Idk why, but seeing people blame malone both cracks me up and salts me. So I replied once and have been stuck in a cycle of defense now. But I'm sure there's plenty of people who know/agree about this being mostly mpjs issue to resolve and a little bit malone's, they just don't bother posting.

You guys keep replying like we defending malone as if he's pop. We're mostly just saying you guys don't know what you're talking about if you're choosing to believe his offensive powerhouse strength outweighs his defensive floors positively to the game. And are clearly only worried about your fantasy numbers. Just man up and accept you must have overpaid. This isn't the year he's completely breaking out cuz he still has floors to iron out. He's still posting good numbers on great splits at a solid 26mpg. It was an even more solid 28mpg a few games ago, and although his minutes have been trending down lately, so have nuggets Ls. Especially when you run the numbers of their 21 games. The games he started. The games he missed. And the games he came back off the bench. The wins have improved a lot. 

And if you're going to call me out saying I don't believe in mpj go read up on the pages of reasons I've given as to why he's not getting minutes before entering the chat, and how I do think he's gonna be good. That just shows you haven't read up to date in here and makes that comment ignorant. If you cant show you've put in enough effort to read a few pages back before making a blind opinion then it further proves the lack of effort you've put into trying to understand why mpj isn't getting minutes

Sorry man I missed to read 17 pages of comments before replying here. Yes I need to man up and accept your opinion. I cannot disagree with something, I m not a man if I do.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Sorry man I missed to read 17 pages of comments before replying here. Yes I need to man up and accept your opinion. I cannot disagree with something, I m not a man if I do.

Can't reply with facts or even a little bit of substance to prove mpj deserves the minutes, in what I thought was a conversation between two gentleman, so replies like a child 👍🏼

It's ok though nrobinson has your back!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheBigSlick said:

Can't reply with facts or even a little bit of substance to prove mpj deserves the minutes, in what I thought was a conversation between two gentleman, so replies like a child 👍🏼

It's ok though nrobinson has your back!

I've already gave some normal replies with my opinion and you chose the I'm right-man up route. Who is the child here? Ok you are not as you are clearly manned up..

Few days ago I wrote this:

  

On 1/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, RipCity0 said:

Their ceiling without Porter reaching his potential is limited in my opinion. He has an all star level talent and they need to stop punishing him for every mistake if they want him to reach that potential. We are talking KD shotmaking potential. I believe this is the only way they can become a contender and not by having Barton going wild every time he has the ball. Even when Porter is playing he is just standing around begging for the ball. The fact he takes so few shots is bad coaching decision.

This is my opinion. In order to get better in the future he needs to play through mistakes. They should also find a way to give him more shots and not just the ones he forces by himself. If you see a perfect coaching in this case I disagree. 

Edited by RipCity0
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Do I hear fire Mike Malone?

lol I know it’s coming.

not yet. coming back 3-1 twice in the same playoff run gotta hold for something. but for sure they gtg realize what they need to beat LAL. It's obviously not what they did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I've already gave some normal replies with my opinion and you chose the I'm right-man up route. Who is the child here? Ok you are not as you are clearly manned up..

Few days ago I wrote this:

  

This is my opinion. In order to get better in the future he needs to play through mistakes. They should also find a way to give him more shots and not just the ones he forces by himself. If you see a perfect coaching in this case I disagree. 

Idk why you think I'm trying to be so manly and prove I'm more of a man then you. Just because I said you need to man up for most likely overpaying for him.

Also remember reading that post of yours and replied to a similar comment. Saying 28 mpg (at the time) is more than enough time for a 2nd year player to learn and grow. And clearly he's not getting it yet.

Everything you post is I believe and I think. And then everyone with similar beliefs blame malone on those same "thoughts and beliefs", and then argue on a theory made on those thoughts and beliefs against post that show with statistics how his defensive deficiencies are whats a key factor to all these Ls. 

Nuggets are win now and for everyone saying in order for nuggets to win a chip they need to unlock mpj, consider the fact that malone has to coach his team to the playoffs FIRST before they can actually win one. And unless they get a high seeding it decreases their chances further. 

No point spending time unlocking mpj to win a chip if they don't make the playoffs. It's a good situation for nuggets cuz they have already built a contender before fully tapping into mpjs potential. And jokic and murray are still improving too. So I'm sure malone and Management know alot better then any of us here do, what they're doing.

Your opinion leads on to believe if they don't win this year they never gonna win. Now I know you don't actually think like that (I hope) hence why mpj is getting more than enough minutes for what he deserves until he gets better at defense and malone dgaf about our fantasy teams during the process. You're in over your heads if you think unlocking the SECOND YEAR player is the key to winning the championship THIS year. Can't be many 2nd year players to ever have done that. Another reason why it's bemusing you guys actually expect us to believe you care about his growth as a person and player. If you did you'd wouldn't be worried how he's perform this year cuz he's performing well numbers wise. You're blaming a professional coach for your teams fantasy short comings. I personally wouldn't say off the top of my head he's top 10 in the league. But regardless. I don't know how you can get off blaming the professional because of how mpjs performing in fantasy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheBigSlick said:

Idk why you think I'm trying to be so manly and prove I'm more of a man then you. Just because I said you need to man up for most likely overpaying for him.

Also remember reading that post of yours and replied to a similar comment. Saying 28 mpg (at the time) is more than enough time for a 2nd year player to learn and grow. And clearly he's not getting it yet.

Everything you post is I believe and I think. And then everyone with similar beliefs blame malone on those same "thoughts and beliefs", and then argue on a theory made on those thoughts and beliefs against post that show with statistics how his defensive deficiencies are whats a key factor to all these Ls. 

Nuggets are win now and for everyone saying in order for nuggets to win a chip they need to unlock mpj, consider the fact that malone has to coach his team to the playoffs FIRST before they can actually win one. And unless they get a high seeding it decreases their chances further. 

No point spending time unlocking mpj to win a chip if they don't make the playoffs. It's a good situation for nuggets cuz they have already built a contender before fully tapping into mpjs potential. And jokic and murray are still improving too. So I'm sure malone and Management know alot better then any of us here do, what they're doing.

Your opinion leads on to believe if they don't win this year they never gonna win. Now I know you don't actually think like that (I hope) hence why mpj is getting more than enough minutes for what he deserves until he gets better at defense and malone dgaf about our fantasy teams during the process. You're in over your heads if you think unlocking the SECOND YEAR player is the key to winning the championship THIS year. Can't be many 2nd year players to ever have done that. Another reason why it's bemusing you guys actually expect us to believe you care about his growth as a person and player. If you did you'd wouldn't be worried how he's perform this year cuz he's performing well numbers wise. You're blaming a professional coach for your teams fantasy short comings. I personally wouldn't say off the top of my head he's top 10 in the league. But regardless. I don't know how you can get off blaming the professional because of how mpjs performing in fantasy

I don't really see any comment on how he is used when he is playing. How many touches he gets out of the coach's system and not by him forcing shots because he cannot just stand there all night. We agree to disagree on that if you think when he IS playing he is used in optimal way.

 

By the way Malone surely knows more than us but every coach is also making some mistakes because they are personally involved in this and have to keep some lockeroom balance or at least they think they do. To say that every coach is always right and we are always wrong is not the way. He was also trying to use Jokic next to Nurk or he was closing with Barton taking the last shot instead of Jokic etc. Malone has made many mistakes. He has been good overall, but he has made many mistakes in the process and he keeps doing some. I believe Porter is one.

And I'm not sure why you are "attacking" the I think and I believe. What we are doing here? If everything was set on stone no forum would be needed. Everything clear as day. We are allowed to have opinions on things. We might be wrong we might be right. What's wrong witht that?

Edited by RipCity0
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't really see any comment on how he is used when he is playing. How many touches he gets out of the coach's system and not by him forcing shots because he cannot just stand there all night. We agree to disagree on that if you think when he IS playing he is used in optimal way.

 

By the way Malone surely knows more than us but every coach is also making some mistakes because they are personally involved in this and have to keep some lockeroom balance or at least they think they do. To say that every coach is always right and we are always wrong is not the way. He was also trying to use Jokic next to Nurk or he was closing with Barton taking the last shot instead of Jokic etc. Malone has made many mistakes. He has been good overall, but he has made many mistakes in the process and he keeps doing some. I believe Porter is one.

And I'm not sure why you are "attacking" the I think and I believe. What we are doing here? If everything was set on stone no forum would be needed. Everything clear as day. We are allowed to have opinions on things. We might be wrong we might be right. What's wrong witht that?

I've exhausted my mental capacity for caring about this subject so we'll just have to agree to disagree 😂 

But I agree with your last paragraph, which was my initial issue with the "whining" In this thread. I respect you've been more insightful, but it's those who have just flown by and said "malone's an idiot, mpj only 19mins?!?!" and the like, that have turned this into a vent/rant thread - and it's a handful of the same people. You can basically time stamp it to halfway through the 1st qtr of every nuggets game lol. And then when people tell them why he's getting low minutes, they reply with no substance. That crap belongs in the thread made for people to comfort each other for their teams sucking 😂 and look I'm not dumb I know it's actually ok to whine in a player thread. It's just really gotten outta hand with this one.

Now if you want to know what I think for his long-term outlook, I think the same as most. Kdlite

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Malone is a slow learner. Back in the day he’d take out Jokic at exactly the same time every first quarter (think it was bout 5minute mark) regardless of game situation i.e. jokic being on fire. He finally evolved from that but it took the stubborn a** a while, I highly doubt this mule is the tactician behind the offence or defence. From what I hear from him when he opens that grill us that he’s more of a manage player role. Very overrated imo. Or maybe just rated as it seems most think he’s mediocre at best. P.S. I don’t own any shares in MPJ.

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the thing that the pro-Maloners are missing:

Yes, the Nuggets have improved every year under him, but that improvement is also correlated with Jokic’s and Murray’s ascension as elite players. On the other hand, they haven’t been close to the truly elite teams and it doesn’t seem like they’re any closer to beating the Lakers than they were last year. Given the ridiculous amount of talent that Malone has had up and down the roster every year, it’s fair to question his schemes and coaching decisions.
 

Look at all the guys that have realized their full potential only after leaving the Nuggets. Grant is the most recent, but Beasley began balling immediately after getting traded to the wolves (Vanderbilt has looked great this year too and never got any PT in Denver even though Barton missed a lot of time the last 2 years). On the other hand, Gary Harris, Barton, Millsap (age), and others have regressed Big time from their peak but he continues to give them the same minutes and the same usage they’ve had for years. 
 

So: they weren’t close last year and are looking like they’ll get smashed by the Lakers again if they meet in the playoffs; lost Grant, Beasley, Plumlee, and Torrey Craig; filled their respective roles with JaMychal Green, Facundo, Hartenstein, and ??? (MPJ, sort of); important role players have regressed over the years (Harris, Barton, Millsap) but still have the roles they had at their peak; and reserve players are not developing further (Monte Morris) and/or expanding their role (MPJ). How exactly is Malone killing it this year?

 

Before you tell me about how the Nuggets went to the Western conference finals last year, like I said, they got stomped by the Lakers. It took a nuclear, MJ-like effort from Murray for them to beat the Jazz after going down 1-3 and a historic choke job by the Clippers after going down 1-3 again. Oh, and MPJ got big minutes and played well in those comebacks.

 

Sure, Malone is winning in the regular season and the stats look good, but it seems he’s being carried by Murray and (most importantly) Jokic. JaMychal Green is not going to make up for  guys leaving or regressing. They need MPJ to take their offense to the next level bc Gasol and AD are going to limit Jokic and Murray won’t be enough. Rockets could be a problem too, depending on health. The Suns are a tough matchup for them. The Jazz are tough. The Clippers won’t choke like that again. IDK how you guys think Malone doesn’t need to shake things up. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Malone is the coach this year. We gotta deal with it. 

It's clear he doesn't like Porter especially after the Porters whole COVID nonsense. And Porters terrible defense is enough of an excuse for Malone to bench Porter for jamychal freakin green.

I'm out in re-drafts. Sell him to anyone who still believes in his potential for this year. 

Edited by NoHablaIngles
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Nuggets are being carried by Murray and  Jokic.  Other role players are not "improving" enough to make them truly elite.

The same can be said for Clippers ( replay Murray and  Jokic with Kawhi/George). Or Celtics (Tatum/Brown).     Or Sixers (Embiid/Simmons). Or Bucks (giannis/ Middleton).   The same is true for pretty much every  other NBA team

The fact is that every  NBA team is carried by its stars,  regular season or playoffs.   

If MPJ want to be a star in real life, he needs to start playing like one on both ends of the floor. 

It should not be too difucult to get some Butler, Kawhi, AD, LBJ, Giannis... tapes  to watch

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Porter Jr. Owner.  Unbelievable to see him at the 20 min mark, guys like Millsap at 35+ minutes.  Just plain bad coaching.  

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but MPJ has had some pretty conservative views on standing up for flag, etc.  These seem to go again Malone comments on BLM, etc.  

At this point, the situation seems vindictive.  People can't put a finger on it but just appears Malone doesn't like him.  His comments when he went out with Covid was another head scratcher.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Highlander72 said:

Porter Jr. Owner.  Unbelievable to see him at the 20 min mark, guys like Millsap at 35+ minutes.  Just plain bad coaching.  

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but MPJ has had some pretty conservative views on standing up for flag, etc.  These seem to go again Malone comments on BLM, etc.  

At this point, the situation seems vindictive.  People can't put a finger on it but just appears Malone doesn't like him.  His comments when he went out with Covid was another head scratcher.  

It's okay Malone can be a stubborn old man he's never winning anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

If MPJ want to be a star in real life, he needs to start playing like one on both ends of the floor.

 

well.. it usually takes time. it's very rare for rookies and sophomores to be a positive defender. but the most teams let them make those mistakes and learn from it.

if being a good defensive player is the benchmark, then tre young wouldn't have gotten more then 5mpg during his rookie season.

but he got more and how has that turned out for atlanta..

Link to post
Share on other sites

From Reddit and my opinion as well. 
 

“They are 5-2 without him, 3-5 with him. Both small sample sizes but based on that they are better without him. Dude is clearly very talented offensively but he's practically unplayable with both Jokic and Murray on the court with him because all 3 are bad defenders. The Nuggets have plenty of players who can score well enough which makes MPJ less valuable even if he's their 3rd best offensive player. They need as much defensive support as they can get.”

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Here's hoping the Nuggets continue to lose to force Malone's hand to bench Barton for Porter.

 

15 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

It's okay Malone can be a stubborn old man he's never winning anything.

Starting end of last year 3-4

Starting this year 1-3

Not played this year 6-4

Off the bench this year 5-2

Cry me a river, and when I say me, I mean not me, and over here:

I think you'll find a nice home here. Introduce yourself. It's easy, "I'm nrobinson, and I'm a whiner". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Yes and maybe now that everyone knows how good Jerami is the title contenders start trying to lure him away from the Pistons. So you say that he should have stayed a role player forever just to play for the mighty Nuggets? You think the Nuggets are winning a title anytime soon?

People have ambitions. If he keeps this up Jerami will soon be an All Star and play for a better team.

 

Nuggets could use some Jerami now don't you think? Oh they had him but only gave him spot up 3s, let me think who was the coach..

Fair point. He was def under/misused by malone and co. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

So, Nuggets are being carried by Murray and  Jokic.  Other role players are not "improving" enough to make them truly elite.

The same can be said for Clippers ( replay Murray and  Jokic with Kawhi/George). Or Celtics (Tatum/Brown).     Or Sixers (Embiid/Simmons). Or Bucks (giannis/ Middleton).   The same is true for pretty much every  other NBA team

The fact is that every  NBA team is carried by its stars,  regular season or playoffs.   

If MPJ want to be a star in real life, he needs to start playing like one on both ends of the floor. 

It should not be too difucult to get some Butler, Kawhi, AD, LBJ, Giannis... tapes  to watch

 

 

What do you mean?

 

Clippers went out and got Ibaka this year. He’s a better than Harrell. and anyways, they’re not doing anything either bc they’ve got no picks and no money. 
 

Celtics stay trying. Traded Thomas for Kyrie, upgraded from Rozier to Walker. Marcus Smart has improved a ton and his role has increased, now like a B tier star. 
 

Sixers have gotten Tobias Harris, Jimmy Butler, Seth Curry, Danny Green, Shake Milton, Dwight Howard, almost traded for Harden. 
 

Bucks got Jrue, DiVincenzo has developed nicely, Portis is playing well in the second unit, they went out to get DJ Augustin.

 

No one is saying the Nuggets have to spend big in free agency or make huge trades. It’s great that they’re so great at building through the draft. But you can’t keep touring out the same aging players with the same roles in the same schemes and expect the result to be different. 
 

Coaches get replaced all the time for doing that. Casey in Toronto, Mark Jackson from the Warriors, and I’m sure there are many other examples. Regular season success and developing stars doesn’t make a coach good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

What do you mean?

I mean that MPJ had (or has)  enough opportunities to force Malone's hand. If MPJ establishes himself as 3rd best player on the team then Malone would have no choice to play him 30+ minutes.

MPJ failed to do that, so Malone is playing MPJ "only" 25.6 mpg so far.  And that is almost 10 min increase from  last season (16.4mpg). It must be because Malone is terrible coach and hates MPJ

How much more should MPJ play? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I mean that MPJ had (or has)  enough opportunities to force Malone's hand. If MPJ establishes himself as 3rd best player on the team then Malone would have no choice to play him 30+ minutes.

MPJ failed to do that, so Malone is playing MPJ "only" 25.6 mpg so far.  And that is almost 10 min increase from  last season (16.4mpg). It must be because Malone is terrible coach and hates MPJ

How much more should MPJ play? 

Just bc he’s on the floor doesn’t mean he’sa focus, it’s all about the focus. IDK why you’re pretending not to know, it seems like you’re familiar with what’s going on around the league. And MPJ has shown up when given opportunities. People around the league are comparing this guy to KD, it’s not like we’re talking about Jarrett Culver. 
 

As for the minutes, he should play 32-35 mpg like a good starter should. But more to the point, the last 4 games he’s played 25, 19, 19, 20 min and his usage was low. No one was complaining when he was playing 25 mpg at the beginning of the season but his usage was much higher. 
 

Also, good job sidestepping my points about Millsap Harris and Barton regressing but maintaining their usage AND about how all those teams you mentioned did improve their rosters they player development or through free agency while the Nuggets keep rolling out basically the same guys in the same roles and expect to get better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...