NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

4 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I don't think he's going to produce until he gets traded to a bottom feeder, which seems (somewhat) likely. It may not happen this season, so this is going to be a wild ride for y'all.

He was balling prior to being out 3 weeks, for Covid protocols.

Porter Jr. is the problem right now, not Denver. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

Well ... That was an exciting first half, right guys? lol, I think MPJ got so thrilled with seeing the ball go in that, after going 8/11, decided to go 0/5 and tease us.  

But it's awesome to finally see MPJ take command over that PF spot (Millsap's out and JaM played like, 2 minutes, with a supposed re-injury of that shoulder) and actually attack the rim aggressively, which I think opens up his solid 3 point stroke, especially in rhythm.  Probably would've gotten more shots if Murray weren't having a career night and tossing up the ball at every chance.

Though this was against the ailing and weak Cavs, the Nuggets' schedule looks pretty light for the next few games. They've got the Hawks on Sunday, a CJM-less/Nurk-less Blazers, the Wiz, and the Thunder.

His leash is shorter than everyone else on the team. His bad plays are more scrutinized even by the Nuggets tv announcers. He has to shoot like 60% or 70% from the field I feel just to justify staying on the court. 
it’s a sad situation and it looks like a bumpy ride going forward.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cozie said:

His leash is shorter than everyone else on the team. His bad plays are more scrutinized even by the Nuggets tv announcers. He has to shoot like 60% or 70% from the field I feel just to justify staying on the court. 
it’s a sad situation and it looks like a bumpy ride going forward.

I think he hat 10 points on 100% shooting after the first quarter? he had 3 attempts after that. it's really very hard to read Mike Malone's head. 19 minutes vs 29 given to Nnaji? Is he a free agent after this season? I feel some team may give him a decent offer and he bolts the Nuggets. Might be Jerami Grant all over again. 

• Like 1

And now we're all looking up who the heck Zeke Nnaji is.

Wondering if tonight was just a fluke, but I'm struggling to figure out why Malone didn't play MPJ more in this matchup.  The Hawks usually have a relatively big lineup (it's Trae surrounded by a bunch of guys who range from 6'7 - 6'11).  Instead of matching that, Malone chose to go even smaller, with Barton getting more SF min and playing MM and Facu more.  The bench guys helped, but IMHO, the game was lost on Murray and Barton's defense (evidenced by their -11 and -15 +/-), and getting destroyed on the offensive boards (10-3).  I just think it would've made more sense to stay big and keep MPJ in there at least for some rebounding.

Whatever.  Honestly, I think this is one of those years where I/we missed the timing on MPJ's breakout (I used to say that about a similar player, A Gordon, and drafted him every year until I got tired of waiting).  Still looks too raw with decision-making and doesn't have his coach's trust just yet.  A pity too, since when he's on, he looks like a great fit.

1 minute ago, MWon said:

And now we're all looking up who the heck Zeke Nnaji is.

Wondering if tonight was just a fluke, but I'm struggling to figure out why Malone didn't play MPJ more in this matchup.  The Hawks usually have a relatively big lineup (it's Trae surrounded by a bunch of guys who range from 6'7 - 6'11).  Instead of matching that, Malone chose to go even smaller, with Barton getting more SF min and playing MM and Facu more.  The bench guys helped, but IMHO, the game was lost on Murray and Barton's defense (evidenced by their -11 and -15 +/-), and getting destroyed on the offensive boards (10-3).  I just think it would've made more sense to stay big and keep MPJ in there at least for some rebounding.

Whatever.  Honestly, I think this is one of those years where I/we missed the timing on MPJ's breakout (I used to say that about a similar player, A Gordon, and drafted him every year until I got tired of waiting).  Still looks too raw with decision-making and doesn't have his coach's trust just yet.  A pity too, since when he's on, he looks like a great fit.

Nuggets twitter not very happy with Malone. MPJ's flaws are obvious but Nnaji is certainly not better. He MUST be dating his daughter, no other explanation.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Thanks 1

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2021/2/19/22289677/film-friday-michael-malone-reset-nikola-jokic-michael-porter-jamal-murray-gary-harris-jamychal-green

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2021/02/17/0022000437/271/5d280dab-58fd-a790-79f6-b031802c6b97_960x540.mp4

- The Nuggets season in 1 clip. JaMychal Green chooses to help Jokic defend Robin Lopez instead of running out to guard Bertans who was 4/4 from three at this point of the game. Malone needs to start taking the blame for these losses because the defensive lapses are happening to his whole team. 

Edited by DezedandConfused

Finally positive words from Malone. MPJ’s arrow hopefully starts pointing up from hereon. He’s had 2 serviceable games in a row and these positive words from the coach hopefully loosens him up a bit and unleashes his A-game. 

had a clean a** deflection on lopez with a min to go in the game and it got taken away from the stat sheet

i swear these statistician mfs are always buggin

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, fantasick said:

He had a wide open drive last second for the tie and go OT (for more stats) but went to the far corner for a 3 try... would have been heroic either way

This is honestly cringeworthy.  3 vs 1 fast break and not only do the supporting runners run to the 3pt line with no defenders protecting the paint but the ballhandler picks up his dribble at the 3pt line with only 1 defender in front of him.

Pathetic.  Investigate these guys for match fixing because there is no way you accidentally F up a fast break like that.