Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, fantasick said:

He had a wide open drive last second for the tie and go OT (for more stats) but went to the far corner for a 3 try... would have been heroic either way

 

definitely retarded...at first i thought murray was the one to blame cause i didnt even see mpj but goddamn...that was really dumb

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

This is honestly cringeworthy.  3 vs 1 fast break and not only do the supporting runners run to the 3pt line with no defenders protecting the paint but the ballhandler picks up his dribble at the 3pt line with only 1 defender in front of him.

Pathetic.  Investigate these guys for match fixing because there is no way you accidentally F up a fast break like that.

THE FIX IS IN!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radiohead said:

They probably all thought that Murray was gonna drive so they got ready for the possible kickout. 

Agreed. At least MPJ, since he was ahead of Murray but had to run all the way to the corner. Facundo could’ve reacted to Murray picking up the dribble and MPJ going to the corner instead. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good statline from MPJ but my God that fast break is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in the nba in a while. This dude has 0 bbiq. He's KD with Dion Waiters' brain 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

They were down 2 but they decided to go to the 3 point line. I just don’t get it. 

This has been going on for half a decade, and it burns my soul. Most kids have limited fundamentals now because they've been programmed to think that three pointers are the only shots worth taking. It's even infected college ball, which is essentially unwatchable now. 

Step 1: throw ball around horn

Step 2: drive into traffic and kick back out to three point line

Step 3: throw up contested (preferably an impossible step back) three at the end of the shot clock that has a 50% chance of being an airball. 

Step 4: ???

Step 5: PROFIT

I don't care if they didn't have jump shots; I'd much rather watch those 90's UNLV teams running the break like madmen. MPJ is a product of the modern mentality, and expect more of his type going forward.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

This has been going on for half a decade, and it burns my soul. Most kids have limited fundamentals now because they've been programmed to think that three pointers are the only shots worth taking. It's even infected college ball, which is essentially unwatchable now. 

Step 1: throw ball around horn

Step 2: drive into traffic and kick back out to three point line

Step 3: throw up contested (preferably an impossible step back) three at the end of the shot clock that has a 50% chance of being an airball. 

Step 4: ???

Step 5: PROFIT

I don't care if they didn't have jump shots; I'd much rather watch those 90's UNLV teams running the break like madmen. MPJ is a product of the modern mentality, and expect more of his type going forward.

I agree and I believe it all started with Daryl Morey and his statistics where 3 > 2 and percentage wise comparison between a 2 point shot, to a 3 point shot and how close it was. Thus, which led to the inevitable evaporation of the mid range jumper that many 2000’s prime players made a living/career using.

Examples: T-Mac, Richard Hamilton, Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell and many many more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree and I believe it all started with Daryl Morey and his statistics where 3 > 2 and percentage wise comparison between a 2 point shot, to a 3 point shot and how close it was. Thus, which led to the inevitable evaporation of the mid range jumper that many 2000’s prime players made a living/career using.

Examples: T-Mac, Richard Hamilton, Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell and many many more. 

For sure. I'm 100% a midrange apologist, but I also understand that if you're a step inside the three point line, you should make it a habit to move back. I think Pop's approach to coaching young players is best - take the shot the defense gives you, regardless of where it is, and if you can't hit threes, you aren't allowed to take 'em until you spend enough time in the gym to make 'em. Otherwise, you're getting your a** yanked from the game until you get tired of watching Marco Belinelli throw up bricks and do something about it.

Chris Paul makes a living hitting midrange jumpers while also being efficient from three. It's a yes-and situation. These guys are limiting their potential by not taking a similar approach.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys are wondering what the heck happened last night with MPJ, I can repost that flowchart for you.

Also, I've stopped watching him IRL (at least for full games) and just look at the box scores now.  His dub-dubs with heavy minutes and made treys look a lot better when I don't have to actually see some of the plays that show up as misses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MWon said:

If you guys are wondering what the heck happened last night with MPJ, I can repost that flowchart for you.

Also, I've stopped watching him IRL (at least for full games) and just look at the box scores now.  His dub-dubs with heavy minutes and made treys look a lot better when I don't have to actually see some of the plays that show up as misses.

To be fair, all 4 of those Nuggets players messed up the last play. Murray on a 3-on-1 fastbreak stopped at the 3 point line, MPJ ran to the corner 3, and the other two stopped at the top of the arc. This is today's NBA where the first thought is to run to the 3 point line on a fastbreak instead of an open layup down the middle lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

He is much better at the 4. Millsap and Green coming back is a concern. 

Yup, he's way too quick for opposing 4's .

Although it goes both ways, certain talented PF's can give him the business on the offensive end. 

But knowing Malone ...  Millsap + Green will soak up minutes just on their defensive prowess alone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yup, he's way too quick for opposing 4's .

Although it goes both ways, certain talented PF's can give him the business on the offensive end. 

But knowing Malone ...  Millsap + Green will soak up minutes just on their defensive prowess alone. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...