NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

From all accounts, it seems like he’s regained the trust of the team, most importantly Malone and Jokic. It’s great that he’s been able to keep up the stats even with JaMychal Green and Millsap back in the lineup. 

I can’t hate on Malone because the Nuggets have won 8 of their last 10, on Barton or Millsap because they’re been playing well, but I wish together they’d lose around 5-6 minutes and 4-5 FGAs to MPJ so we could see MPJ doing this over 35-36 minutes instead of around 30. Barton is 30 and injury prone while Millsap is 36 and in his 15th season, so they could stand to lose a few minutes each. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, L3onD said:

this guy is a mf beast

hes figuring out the game quickly and hes only going to get better

AG who? Everyone worried AG would have a negative impact. I don't see it happening if anything it opens up shots for Porter.

AG arriving sent Millsap to the bench and allows Porter to play his natural position at the 4. Not only does Porter look great, but the whole team just plays in a much better flow. It's like AG put the whole team in their correct roles.

• Thanks 1

I gotta be honest, I thought AG's arrival would really hurt MPJ, esp because both excel at PF on offense.  But as long as MPJ starts off hot with triples and easy buckets, he'll be fine.  If I were an AG owner though, I'd be more worried.

1 hour ago, MWon said:

I gotta be honest, I thought AG's arrival would really hurt MPJ, esp because both excel at PF on offense.  But as long as MPJ starts off hot with triples and easy buckets, he'll be fine.  If I were an AG owner though, I'd be more worried.

dropped Gordon for McDaniels. I don't like AG's fantasy outlook the rest of the season and McDaniels is trending up.

• 2 weeks later...

When he was playing like trash, this thread was always in the 1st page. Now that he is BALLIN, no one says a word. 

I'm just thankful for having him on my team 🙏

• Like 1

Yeah because we were asking why he doesn't play more minutes and people were saying the +- is not good when he is starting etc. I guess being forced to play him more due to the injuries worked miracles. Now Malone cannot bench him anymore lol

This guy has best shooter ever type of potential. He is a 6'10 Klay Thompson.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Bout to break the roof with Jamal down, sky’s the limit. 

That's a lot of usage to go around, for sure MPJ will get a his piece. Would make you think that they'd still probably wanna play harder for a good run at the playoffs regardless. This stretch should put MPJ as the #2 guy on the team and would be very interesting to see how they play him and whether or not he takes advantage of the opportunity to showcase his talent even more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Barton was the bag of cement holding Porter's hot air balloon down, free at last!

I don't even own the guy but I love watching him play, glad Gordon knows his place/role as well, the team is gellin' like a felon,  I'm cheering for a Bucks/Nuggets Finals, that would be sweet

Michael Porter Jr is definitely moving up ADP for next season. Nuggets offense with Jokic facilitating and drawing defenses is perfect for his game. I think in order for him to avg 20+ pts/game, he needs to draw more contact to increase from the 2.2 FTA. His FT % regressed from 83% down to 77.5% this season which is a slight concern. Also not sure if he can maintain a 54% FG efficiency.

32 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Michael Porter Jr is definitely moving up ADP for next season. Nuggets offense with Jokic facilitating and drawing defenses is perfect for his game. I think in order for him to avg 20+ pts/game, he needs to draw more contact to increase from the 2.2 FTA. His FT % regressed from 83% down to 77.5% this season which is a slight concern. Also not sure if he can maintain a 54% FG efficiency.

I think next season he will be closer to 25ppg than 20. A normal offseason can do wonders. He is basically doing that without really having time to work in summer. He also lost a month due to covid which messed up his rythm. I think next year he will not be gone by end of 2nd round in all drafts.