Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I think next season he will be closer to 25ppg than 20. A normal offseason can do wonders. He is basically doing that without really having time to work in summer. He also lost a month due to covid which messed up his rythm. I think next year he will not be gone by end of 2nd round in all drafts. 

With Murray still recovering from his torn ACL, you may be right that MPJ averages near 25ppg - which is what he has done since Murray went out.

If Murray didn't suffer his injury which will potential zap some of his hops, MPJ would have likely average around 22ppg, which still is a very good jump.

Historically, such large increase in scoring averages happen when an extremely talented scoring rookie joins a really bad team with poor offensive players (Jordan is the classic example), or a talented 2nd/3rd year player gets a full time gig and the team is still bad (Steph).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

On 4/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, ez2do4now said:

Michael Porter Jr is definitely moving up ADP for next season. Nuggets offense with Jokic facilitating and drawing defenses is perfect for his game. I think in order for him to avg 20+ pts/game, he needs to draw more contact to increase from the 2.2 FTA. His FT % regressed from 83% down to 77.5% this season which is a slight concern. Also not sure if he can maintain a 54% FG efficiency.

lets be honest

dude is a 50/40/90 player in the making with freethrows being the only obstacle currently, once he polishes that aspect, its a wrap

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

KD-Lite I said it before .

Give it a year or 2 max. Has the makings of a superstar 

It’s his 3rd year , but basically his first real season under his belt.

Rookie year Porter injury redshirted, & last campaign avg 16 min per game.

So just imagine the potential

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone worried about that ankle tweak (injury) for tomorrow?

I can't afford him to rest ... (Maybe on Saturday's crowded day, lol)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MWon said:

Anyone worried about that ankle tweak (injury) for tomorrow?

I can't afford him to rest ... (Maybe on Saturday's crowded day, lol)

He said after the game last night that it’s no big deal and that he’s fine, plans on playing today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

He said after the game last night that it’s no big deal and that he’s fine, plans on playing today. 

Yeah, I read that too from Roto (and Twitter).  I guess I'm just a little jittery whenever Roto goes "buuuut it may swell up overnight ..."

Hope he's okay.

Edited by MWon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWon said:

Yeah, I read that too from Roto (and Twitter).  I guess I'm just a little jittery whenever Roto goes "buuuut it may swell up overnight ..."

Hope he's okay.

He’s probable but I guess they added him to the injury report later. I’m guessing he’ll play but not too many minutes since it’ll likely be a blowout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MWon said:

Yeah, I read that too from Roto (and Twitter).  I guess I'm just a little jittery whenever Roto goes "buuuut it may swell up overnight ..."

Hope he's okay.

That's Roto for you. They always put in a disclaimer on players playing or maybe not, a potential hot waiver add - but says to move on after a bad game, maybe hurt but could play, blah blah blah. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, just glad he played today.   Dude is like clockwork nowadays.  

Sorta makes me wonder wtf Malone was thinking back when MPJ was getting benched continuously early on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MWon said:

Heh, just glad he played today.   Dude is like clockwork nowadays.  

Sorta makes me wonder wtf Malone was thinking back when MPJ was getting benched continuously early on.

Murray was healthy at the time so they didn’t need to rely on MPJ for scoring the way they do now. Plus there was tension between MPJ and the rest of the team, possibly bc of MPJ kinda throwing shade in the bubble, so they probably didn’t want to mess with the team chemistry. Lastly, they were reluctant to prioritize MPJ over the vets Millsap and Green bc of their defense.

IMO, he bought into his hype from the bubble and thought he was hot ****, whereas the team was getting tired of him even before the season started. Him catching COVID while he was already in quarantine for exposure was the last straw. The players and coaching staff were done with him... they didn’t need him on offense and he was bad/ lazy on defense. They dogged him and let him sink or swim... he would either grow the f up or they’d move in from him. Good thing MPJ is (seems) a super impressionable kid and tried hard to get back into Malone’s good graces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Murray was healthy at the time so they didn’t need to rely on MPJ for scoring the way they do now. Plus there was tension between MPJ and the rest of the team, possibly bc of MPJ kinda throwing shade in the bubble, so they probably didn’t want to mess with the team chemistry. Lastly, they were reluctant to prioritize MPJ over the vets Millsap and Green bc of their defense.

IMO, he bought into his hype from the bubble and thought he was hot ****, whereas the team was getting tired of him even before the season started. Him catching COVID while he was already in quarantine for exposure was the last straw. The players and coaching staff were done with him... they didn’t need him on offense and he was bad/ lazy on defense. They dogged him and let him sink or swim... he would either grow the f up or they’d move in from him. Good thing MPJ is (seems) a super impressionable kid and tried hard to get back into Malone’s good graces. 

Imagine thinking moving on from Porter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...