NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, L3onD said:

he is, that was my point...i watch them too...he just has to get some more reps under his belt, learn on some of his mistakes (avoiding the inevitable contact on some of his drives and some defensive faults that are common amongst the new guys) and hes a bonafide n1-n2 option (seeing that jokara loves him and feeds him all day everyday)

Where do you believe his adp should be now after tonight's performance?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

What do you get when you treat MPJ like a scrub rotation piece and give him 20 min, but you give bum Barton 35 minutes and JaMychal Green 30 min?   A 20 point blowout loss to LAL.   

Posted Images

Down late vs the Clippers who have been bashing the Nuggets.

Mike Malone: Let's give PJ Dozier 17 minutes instead of MPJ who dropped 24 last game.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MWon said:

Down late vs the Clippers who have been bashing the Nuggets.

Mike Malone: Let's give PJ Dozier 17 minutes instead of MPJ who dropped 24 last game.

Im happy they ended up losing. How do you bench arguably top 3 player on the team when you need the offense. That's beyond me. 

MPJ got benched because his defense is beyond atrocious. Whatever he scores he gives up on the other end and then some.

You're gonna see a lot of this happening in tight games. He just gets cooked by everyone. It makes more sense to have Dozier or Barton out there.

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 2

Yeah I was gonna write that too (about them losing).

I mean, what's wrong with a Murray/Monte/Barton/MPJ/Jokic lineup when you need offense?  I mean, you're getting destroyed on defense and can't rebound at all, so why not just throw your scorers in during the midway point of the 4th quarter ...

• Like 1

He was chucking contested 3's left and right even when theres a lot of time in the shot clock. Murray has also played better when hes not sharing the floor with MPJ and they got back when he was on the bench. I will not be surprised if Malone decides to have him come off the bench after this. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

He was chucking contested 3's left and right even when theres a lot of time in the shot clock. Murray has also played better when hes not sharing the floor with MPJ and they got back when he was on the bench. I will not be surprised if Malone decides to have him come off the bench after this. 

The number of contested shots he takes early in the shot clock must infuriate Malone.

I was not impressed by his basketball IQ watching last night's game. nice looking 3 point shot, but still has some growing up to do. 

Denver's gotta add some PF/C depth. When Joikic is out they can't rebound or protect the paint, and even with him in there is no rim protection. if they have some draft picks maybe the Knicks can send them Randle and Taj Gibson and Nerlens Noel...

24 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

I was not impressed by his basketball IQ watching last night's game. nice looking 3 point shot, but still has some growing up to do. 

Denver's gotta add some PF/C depth. When Joikic is out they can't rebound or protect the paint, and even with him in there is no rim protection. if they have some draft picks maybe the Knicks can send them Randle and Taj Gibson and Nerlens Noel...

taj gibson is a FA, not on the Knicks anymore

also Jokic is pleading a case for porter to get more touches and playing time based on the last blurb: 

Nikola Jokic said that the Nuggets need to do a better job of getting the rock to Michael Porter Jr.

"It's hard because we're all trying to figure it out," said Jokic when asked about incorporating MPJ into the offense more after a slow start to the season. "Now Mike is playing more with us... It's just one guy but still, he's a really talented guy. We need to use him more and we need to kind of figure it out how we're going to use [him]." The Nuggets have opened up their season with back-to-back losses, and while Porter Jr. was able to put up 24 points on 15 shots in the opener, he was held to just 10 points on nine shots in their Christmas Day game. They're still figuring out how to play together, but MPJ is so talented that he should find a way to produce no matter what.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I don't like what Malone is doing here... Them winning will just further enforce this crazy idea that Malone was right to not have MPJ start.

This is true however they're only just winning and a major reason for that is Jokic is playing insane mins.  Malone will absolutely want to bring Jokic's mins down but 1) Denver's trash with him off the floor especially offensively 2) their other offense main guys haven't hit the ground running.  Murray and/or MPJ have both gotten off to rough starts this season so if they can hit some form and start being the real deals as options 1B or 2A after Jokic's 1A then the team can start to play better and Malone might be open to giving MPJ a longer leash.

His defense though is still more or less trash which is bad news.  Malone will never fully unleash him as long as he doesn't lock in on D. 

I think Denver are really going to miss Torrey Craig and JGrant and what they did for this team defensively. 

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam