NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

13 hours ago, RunCMC said:

+ - Put aside for a second, they're a better team with him than without.

You're right tho, it's his defense or lack there of. 

Statistics would prove you wrong there, as much as I'd rather believe the opposite, considering I drafted him (and am regretting it) in all 5 of my leagues.  They're also 4-2 without him, compared to 1-3 with him.

But I don't care to argue, since this is one debate I would take no joy in winning.  As long as MPJ's healthy and dropping 30-10 games (well, just healthy), I don't really care whether the Nuggets are better or worse.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got bored and made this during halftime while watching MPJ's riveting game tonight.

F***** stud

Fantasy sports is like a visit to the Toy Store. The newest brightest shiniest toys are often favored over the highly dependable standard toys. There is a reason Monopoly, Barbie and the Slinkie have

Posted Images

16 hours ago, L3onD said:

front office made zero moves to actually get this team to another level - they regressed as a team...im not saying they are not going to be good but its a weaker team than last season

i still think grant wouldve resigned if they essentially overpaid him a bit more (respect his decision to evolve his game, he probably secured another bag with his offensive play and detroit has a great trading piece to offload somewhere in the future)

torrey couldve easily been resigned to an insignificant amount (lost their defensive backbone in those two)

millsap was okay but they shouldve moved on, barton/harris (one of these two) shouldve been dealt somewhere...

pj dozier should get a consistent role - not 5mins tommorow and 25 the next game

hartenstein was the only good move this whole offseason essentially as well as consistent draft choices they make but whos gonna wait on those guys if they are not willing to wait on mpj and bol bol

They couldn't give Grant more than what he got to be the man for Detroit. It would be a bad business decision at the time although it seems it's playing out greatly for Detroit. They gave him same amount which was fair and he would never get so many shots in Denver (and righfully so) so on top of overpaying you would have everyone complaining why they did that for a role player. Porter is the better offensive talent of the 2 so the shots would still go to his direction or a split which would hurt both.

In my opinion Porter is a generational talent, i don't remember such a long and talented scorer after Durant joined the league. He has many issues to fix on defensive end, but he will get better eventually. 

I agree with Craig, but probably they knew they didn't have any playing time to give him. They have given Dozier his minutes.

Edited by RipCity0

Geez.  They pretty much straight up just said Robert Williams got it a week ago, and I think some of the Kings, like Hield, had it in the preseason, and reported it early.

It's sorta whatever, since as long as MPJ recovers, he should be back within a week or two anyway.  Still a little annoying that it took this long to confirm what we've all been suspecting (given he was cleared and then suspiciously re-quarantined, which I don't think any other player went through).  I guess it's his business to divulge or not, but on the plus side, maybe he'll be immune to future waves of the virus?

2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

So did he get COVID twice? 

Just a guess, but perhaps what happened was he was out for contract tracing at first, then it turned out he had actually contracted the virus and tested positive soon after isolating. I'm assuming that was when he was listed as out indefinitely the "second" time.

Edited by OriolesMagic
  • Like 2

I mean he could be back jan 17 which is in 4 days, so I don't think anyone is worth the add now. unless you need someone for 1 or 2 games. 

9 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

So who is the add here? Garrrryyyy? 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Just a guess, but perhaps what happened was he was out for contract tracing at first, then it turned out he had actually contracted the virus and tested positive soon after isolating. I'm assuming that was when he was listed as out indefinitely the "second" time.

He had it when teams entered the bubble last season. Windhorst confirmed yesterday several players have now had it twice. 

1 hour ago, srb said:

He had it when teams entered the bubble last season. Windhorst confirmed yesterday several players have now had it twice. 

So he's pretty "safe" to not get it again right?  Can't imagine him getting it a 3rd time. If he does, just dump him in a hazmat suit or something and throw him out there.

37 minutes ago, MWon said:

So he's pretty "safe" to not get it again right?  Can't imagine him getting it a 3rd time. If he does, just dump him in a hazmat suit or something and throw him out there.

If you can get it twice you can get it thrice.  Contracting COVID does not make you immune to it, obviously.  

8 minutes ago, 80version said:

If you can get it twice you can get it thrice.  Contracting COVID does not make you immune to it, obviously.  

I suppose so.  But I thought you'd get antibodies or something from fighting it off?  That's also pretty unlucky of him.  Dude needs to get vaccinated ASAP if he contracts it again, since he'd be like a walking virus at that point.

Just now, MWon said:

I suppose so.  But I thought you'd get antibodies or something from fighting it off?  That's also pretty unlucky of him.  Dude needs to get vaccinated ASAP if he contracts it again, since he'd be like a walking virus at that point.

The guy is on record claiming the pandemic is a hoax ("population control") and that he's opposed to vaccination.  Some folks decided to steer clear of him on draft day because of the inherent risk with his carelessness in regards to catching the 'vid and missing a bunch of games.  Guess they weren't wrong.  

23 minutes ago, 80version said:

The guy is on record claiming the pandemic is a hoax ("population control") and that he's opposed to vaccination.  Some folks decided to steer clear of him on draft day because of the inherent risk with his carelessness in regards to catching the 'vid and missing a bunch of games.  Guess they weren't wrong.  

stop with that nonsense

people steered away from him on draft day because they thought he can at any point in time have major issues with his back and its still a possible issue today even if he had a procedure that fixed it...and ofc, he had a reccuring back problem in days leading up to the draft as well, thats the reason he bombed on draft night so hard and nuggets ended up with a steal...without the issue leading up to draft day, hes was a surefire top 3-5 pick as it was reported numerous times even after his first procedure that sidelined him for the entire mizzou season 

whatever we think of his opinions, that was never the issue with him...people will have different opinions and views of the world as opposed to the others...as far as ive read, he did great in interviews and if you see his interviews today, he shows that he has a top dog (alpha) mentality and he doesnt shy away from it, he gets great basketball points across and he knows his ****...the interview after that game 4 loss against the clippers showed us that hes young and he shouldnt have said any of that stuff in front of the cameras but dude was money on everything he said

Edited by L3onD
12 minutes ago, L3onD said:

stop with that nonsense

people steered away from him on draft day because they thought he can at any point in time have major issues with his back and its still a possible issue today even if he had a procedure that fixed it...and ofc, he had a reccuring back problem in days leading up to the draft as well, thats the reason he bombed on draft night so hard and nuggets ended up with a steal...without the issue leading up to draft day, hes was a surefire top 3-5 pick as it was reported numerous times even after his first procedure that sidelined him for the entire mizzou season 

whatever we think of his opinions, that was never the issue with him...people will have different opinions and views of the world as opposed to the others...as far as ive read, he did great in interviews and if you see his interviews today, he shows that he has a top dog (alpha) mentality and he doesnt shy away from it, he gets great basketball points across and he knows his ****...the interview after that game 4 loss against the clippers showed us that hes young and he shouldnt have said any of that stuff in front of the cameras but dude was money on everything he said

I was talking about this season’s fantasy draft, not IRL when the Nuggets lucked out. 

24 minutes ago, 80version said:

I was talking about this season’s fantasy draft, not IRL when the Nuggets lucked out. 

okay, then it was a misunderstaing on my end, i apologize...season is a shitshow whether or not guys have their opinions or theories...you heard george hill last night, no one can forbid them to do what they want to do so basically it all evens up in the end

Edited by L3onD

doubt it.. about tatum rotowire.com writes:

If he remains negative and asymptomatic once the 10-day period concludes, Tatum would then have to complete three days of monitored exercising before receiving clearance to rejoin the Celtics, so his absence is expected to be closer to two weeks in length.

i would say the same appiles to mpj as well. and on top of that, afaik we don't know if mpj experienced any symptoms. if the virus got him really bad, he could need even more time to get phyiscally in the necessary condition to play basketball.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

doubt it.. about tatum rotowire.com writes:

i would say the same appiles to mpj as well. and on top of that, afaik we don't know if mpj experienced any symptoms. if the virus got him really bad, he could need even more time to get phyiscally in the necessary condition to play basketball.

i was just randomly going thru basketball monster and they have him as a possible return on the 19th, that seems more reasonable 

• Like 1