Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bradley Beal 2020-2021 Outlook


Johnnyapplebot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, rush007 said:

Nah. Same story every year. If Beal is not injured and he's still with Wizards, he'll play. He's too competitive to just sit games out.

considerably different circumstances these days given the inherent risk in playing but i hope you're right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lethotjames23 said:

considerably different circumstances these days given the inherent risk in playing but i hope you're right

What's the difference? Covid? He's probably had it by now in that Wiz team. Contract-wise, he's got a player option for next season, so an injury risk would likely not prevent him either, as he's not a UFA/RFA at the end of this season.

Fantasy wise I'd love if Beal stays with Wizz, but as a fan, I hope he gets traded to a contender so he can get his shot at the ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lethotjames23 said:

 

our point is that beal won't be playing those games in all likelihood if they're out of contention

The poster I quoted said the games wouldn't be made up. That is what I was referring to.

Still think Beal would play most of those games either way, unless he's banged up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

chances of fridays game against bucks going ahead? on rotoworld they basically just did blurbs for smith, rui, brown jnr, bertans, wagner, adija saying theyll be in street clothes due to health and safety protocols but beal will go nuts....pretty sure by the sounds of that already they will struggle to have the minimum amount of players...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aside from Stephen A. Smith's atrocious take that "The Clippers need to go out and get Bradley Beal"....Like, who on earth would the Clippers give up for Bradley Beal? They don't have anybody on that team that WAS would want.

It feels like a foregone conclusion that Beal will be on the move sometime within the next 1-3 weeks. The Wizards aren't competitive. Thomas Bryant (the only person even remotely contributing on the defensive end) is out for the season.

These are my picks for whose most likely to land Beal in a trade. (in order of likelihood)

1. Miami Heat
Packaging up Tyler Herro for an "in his prime" Beal almost makes too much sense here. Obviously, I could also see someone like KZ Okpala or Precious Achiuwa also going over in the deal as a "2nd piece". This would give you a starting five of Dragic, Robinson, Beal, Butler and. Adebayo. You'd have 2 legit players who can drop 25+ on any given night. And with other pieces like Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Iggy and Nunn, this feels like the most ideal spot for Beal to land.

2. Dallas Mavericks
Now obviously, the Mavericks don't have the same kind of pieces to give up like the Heat do. However, I think we could easily see a trade revolving Tim Hardaway Jr and Josh Richardson both coming over with a couple 1st round picks in order to secure Bradley Beal. Or possibly, even a 3rd team getting involved helping to make this work. This would give DAL a starting 5 of Doncic, Beal, Finney-Smith, Kleber, and Kristaps Porzingis. I love the idea of Beal going to Dallas, but Dallas obviously doesn't have as good of assets to give up like the Heat do.

3. Denver Nuggets
If there was ever a team at the top of the "List of Dark Horse Teams", Denver just might be it. And the solution may be easier than you think. The Nuggets have a plethora of assets at their disposal, and I would argue that Denver might be able to get a deal done with their existing assets that they have playing at this very moment. Whether it's a 2-for-1 or a 3-for-1 or a 2-for-1 along with a 1st round pick, I believe Denver could sneak in by offering up Will Barton, PJ Dozier and Gary Harris Jr. Just a few seasons ago, we were ranting and raving about how good Gary Harris was before he got injured. Naturally, he hasn't been the same since that injury, primarily due to the sudden emergence of Joker and Jamal Murray. A trade might do him wonders of re-capturing that magic he had a few seasons ago. Will Barton would give you a guy who you can instantly input as a starting SG or SF, and PJ Dozier looks like he could be the real deal, only issue is that he plays on a very crowded team in DEN. It wouldn't at all surprise me to see DEN make a move to try and get Beal, who would definitely benefit from open looks Jokic provides. Jamal Murray, Bradley Beal, Michael Porter Jr, Paul Milsap, Nikola Jokic. That's one hell of a starting five. Oh and btw, they still have Bol Bol as an asset to trade too. With JayMichal Green, Campazzo and Monte Morris all still there for their bench pieces, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see DEN come out of the shadows and make a blockbuster deal for the ages.

4. Portland Trailblazers
This is another team that I think desperately wants to make a move and be a contender in the Beal sweepstakes. My only question is who they would actually give up in return for him. This is already a team full of shooters. Do they entertain giving up Anfernee SImons and Zack Collins? Will that be enough? Lillard, CJ, Beal, Covington and Nurkic looks good on paper, I just wonder if the assets they have are anywhere near what's needed to land Beal.

5. Philadelphia 76ers
Do the 76ers, after failing to trade for James Harden, decide to go all-in and get Beal? I think at this point, everyone knows that Ben Simmons can't shoot, and that he's probably more of a risk (in playoff time) because of his inability to shoot the ball. This is another organization that I would categorize as a "dark horse team", and it feels like the deal would center around Simmons going to WAS. Obviously, that makes for an odd pairing of him and Russell Westbrook, so WAS would have to decide what they'd want to do there. But at this point, it's difficult to rule out PHI and their willingness to try and get rid of Ben Simmons. Starting five seems nice though. Shake Milton, Seth Curry, Bradley Beal, Tobias Harris, Joel Embiid. You've still got Dwight, Thybull, Joe, Maxey and Danny Green on the bench. While Simmons gives them something defensively, I'd argue they might ultimately trade him for the scoring that Beal provides. With Beal in the starting lineup and Shake probably getting promoted to starting PG, you've got 5 players who you can't leave open. There won't be anymore double-teaming or "playing off Simmons" for opposing defenses.

 

Regardless, it should be a fun time in the NBA. Honorable mentions go to PHO and MEM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Aside from Stephen A. Smith's atrocious take that "The Clippers need to go out and get Bradley Beal"....Like, who on earth would the Clippers give up for Bradley Beal? They don't have anybody on that team that WAS would want.

It feels like a foregone conclusion that Beal will be on the move sometime within the next 1-3 weeks. The Wizards aren't competitive. Thomas Bryant (the only person even remotely contributing on the defensive end) is out for the season.

These are my picks for whose most likely to land Beal in a trade. (in order of likelihood)

1. Miami Heat
Packaging up Tyler Herro for an "in his prime" Beal almost makes too much sense here. Obviously, I could also see someone like KZ Okpala or Precious Achiuwa also going over in the deal as a "2nd piece". This would give you a starting five of Dragic, Robinson, Beal, Butler and. Adebayo. You'd have 2 legit players who can drop 25+ on any given night. And with other pieces like Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Iggy and Nunn, this feels like the most ideal spot for Beal to land.

2. Dallas Mavericks
Now obviously, the Mavericks don't have the same kind of pieces to give up like the Heat do. However, I think we could easily see a trade revolving Tim Hardaway Jr and Josh Richardson both coming over with a couple 1st round picks in order to secure Bradley Beal. Or possibly, even a 3rd team getting involved helping to make this work. This would give DAL a starting 5 of Doncic, Beal, Finney-Smith, Kleber, and Kristaps Porzingis. I love the idea of Beal going to Dallas, but Dallas obviously doesn't have as good of assets to give up like the Heat do.

3. Denver Nuggets
If there was ever a team at the top of the "List of Dark Horse Teams", Denver just might be it. And the solution may be easier than you think. The Nuggets have a plethora of assets at their disposal, and I would argue that Denver might be able to get a deal done with their existing assets that they have playing at this very moment. Whether it's a 2-for-1 or a 3-for-1 or a 2-for-1 along with a 1st round pick, I believe Denver could sneak in by offering up Will Barton, PJ Dozier and Gary Harris Jr. Just a few seasons ago, we were ranting and raving about how good Gary Harris was before he got injured. Naturally, he hasn't been the same since that injury, primarily due to the sudden emergence of Joker and Jamal Murray. A trade might do him wonders of re-capturing that magic he had a few seasons ago. Will Barton would give you a guy who you can instantly input as a starting SG or SF, and PJ Dozier looks like he could be the real deal, only issue is that he plays on a very crowded team in DEN. It wouldn't at all surprise me to see DEN make a move to try and get Beal, who would definitely benefit from open looks Jokic provides. Jamal Murray, Bradley Beal, Michael Porter Jr, Paul Milsap, Nikola Jokic. That's one hell of a starting five. Oh and btw, they still have Bol Bol as an asset to trade too. With JayMichal Green, Campazzo and Monte Morris all still there for their bench pieces, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see DEN come out of the shadows and make a blockbuster deal for the ages.

4. Portland Trailblazers
This is another team that I think desperately wants to make a move and be a contender in the Beal sweepstakes. My only question is who they would actually give up in return for him. This is already a team full of shooters. Do they entertain giving up Anfernee SImons and Zack Collins? Will that be enough? Lillard, CJ, Beal, Covington and Nurkic looks good on paper, I just wonder if the assets they have are anywhere near what's needed to land Beal.

5. Philadelphia 76ers
Do the 76ers, after failing to trade for James Harden, decide to go all-in and get Beal? I think at this point, everyone knows that Ben Simmons can't shoot, and that he's probably more of a risk (in playoff time) because of his inability to shoot the ball. This is another organization that I would categorize as a "dark horse team", and it feels like the deal would center around Simmons going to WAS. Obviously, that makes for an odd pairing of him and Russell Westbrook, so WAS would have to decide what they'd want to do there. But at this point, it's difficult to rule out PHI and their willingness to try and get rid of Ben Simmons. Starting five seems nice though. Shake Milton, Seth Curry, Bradley Beal, Tobias Harris, Joel Embiid. You've still got Dwight, Thybull, Joe, Maxey and Danny Green on the bench. While Simmons gives them something defensively, I'd argue they might ultimately trade him for the scoring that Beal provides. With Beal in the starting lineup and Shake probably getting promoted to starting PG, you've got 5 players who you can't leave open. There won't be anymore double-teaming or "playing off Simmons" for opposing defenses.

 

Regardless, it should be a fun time in the NBA. Honorable mentions go to PHO and MEM. 

 I hope he lands somewhere where he can maintain his current value, the only plus is he wouldn't be a shutdown candidate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this applies to both Simmons and Herro. Both appeared to have better potential than Harden to their respective teams. Lol.

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tyler Herro for Beal lol. Herro is probably one of the most overrated players in the NBA right now. 

 

Edited by rush007
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tyler Herro for Beal lol. Herro is probably one of the most overrated players in the NBA right now. 

 

he's 20 years old and played phenomenally in the playoffs

 

not saying i'm the highest on him, but you have to understand how impressive that is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So the consensus is we want Beal to be traded from 1st option to any other team as the third option.

I think it's not a want but feels like it is going to happen. It's pretty obvious Beal is always on the market, no matter how Washington pretends he is not. 

Fantasy wise any trade is bad for wherever Beal lands. It may also be bad for whoever ends up playing with Westbrook if WAS get a guard back in the trade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I think it's not a want but feels like it is going to happen. It's pretty obvious Beal is always on the market, no matter how Washington pretends he is not. 

Fantasy wise any trade is bad for wherever Beal lands. It may also be bad for whoever ends up playing with Westbrook if WAS get a guard back in the trade. 

 

this logic has zero consistency lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So the consensus is we want Beal to be traded from 1st option to any other team as the third option.

Actually, I do. He deserves it. And make no mistake, Beal wouldn't be a third option on any team in the league right now. Mostly 1, 2 at worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

some pretty good news with the NBA announcing they are going to make up some games in the first half of the schedule now rather then overload the second half. Wiz just had 2 games added on Feb 2 and Feb 7 so next matchup will be fun as an owner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

some pretty good news with the NBA announcing they are going to make up some games in the first half of the schedule now rather then overload the second half. Wiz just had 2 games added on Feb 2 and Feb 7 so next matchup will be fun as an owner

Makes sense. From a two game week to four next week. W! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...