NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 1

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

He got steals tho. Punt FG maybe?

He does? Never watched any of his Chinese hill games or his games in Lithuania. Lithuania if he get steals will it even translate to the nba? He’s 6’7 with like a 15 inch vertical so I don’t expect any blocks really.

• Like 1

I dunno, I think he'd be ok to draft in rounds 10 and onwards. I think he can replicate his brother's rookie stats but with potentially better scoring since his team looks devoid of it.

Lonzo's rookie year was the following:
10.2ppg, 7.8apg, 6.9rpg, 1.7spg, 0.8bpg is nice in the end of drafts but his percentagess of 36% FG and 45%FT are horrid.

If he produced numbers like this, I wouldn't mind drafting him but I would try to sell high on him the minute he strings up some sexy lines just to avoid the %s hit.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is going to drastically under-perform? 

Grew up right around my area (within 10 miles of me), had plenty of chances of watching him before he went overseas. 

I've read a few columns saying that they think he's a sleeper pick who can average 16-7-5....

The dudes shot is horrendously suspect. He's still got Rozier and Graham on the team. He's about as skinny as a toothpick. Not saying he's going to be a bust...but I think years from now, we're going to look back at the 2020 draft and say, "LaMelo Ball should not have been a Top-5 pick, even in an underwhelming draft class".

Time will tell, but not touching this dude with a 10-foot pole.

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is going to drastically under-perform? 

Grew up right around my area (within 10 miles of me), had plenty of chances of watching him before he went overseas. 

I've read a few columns saying that they think he's a sleeper pick who can average 16-7-5....

The dudes shot is horrendously suspect. He's still got Rozier and Graham on the team. He's about as skinny as a toothpick. Not saying he's going to be a bust...but I think years from now, we're going to look back at the 2020 draft and say, "LaMelo Ball should not have been a Top-5 pick, even in an underwhelming draft class".

Time will tell, but not touching this dude with a 10-foot pole.

I don't think you're alone. In terms of the intangibles, he seems to be slightly more of a head case than Lonzo. His rookie line could also be very similar to Lonzo's rookie numbers (10ppg, 7.2apg, 6.7rpg, 36FG%, 45FT%) with maybe better steals and blocks (Lonzo had 1.7spg and 0.8bpg in his rookie year). The %s though are REALLY tough to swallow. I'm gonna try to hype him up for someone else to gamble on.

4 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I don't think you're alone. In terms of the intangibles, he seems to be slightly more of a head case than Lonzo. His rookie line could also be very similar to Lonzo's rookie numbers (10ppg, 7.2apg, 6.7rpg, 36FG%, 45FT%) with maybe better steals and blocks (Lonzo had 1.7spg and 0.8bpg in his rookie year). The %s though are REALLY tough to swallow. I'm gonna try to hype him up for someone else to gamble on.

By those standards he will be prime fantasy draymond green,  and that aint happening. He will be lucky to average 2.0 stocks i reckon

• tonycpsu changed the title to LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook