NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 1

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

I would give up a farm to have this dude in dynasty. Future face of the NBA after LeBron retires.

He’s been playing against dudes way older than him since he was 11. I can’t wait to see what a 25-28 year old Lamelo can do. He will be something special. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Portis4Potus said:

He’s been playing against dudes way older than him since he was 11. I can’t wait to see what a 25-28 year old Lamelo can do. He will be something special. 

The way he’s playing & developing. Allstar at 22.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He is a cheat code. I can't believe I just settled for him in the draft. Because Lonzo was too expensive (!)

He was dropped 3 times in my league when the season started lol. I just grabbed him on a whim and never looked back. You can pry him out of my cold dead hands. 

He's a natural born scorer something we all witnessed in his Chino Hills days. Its good to see that skill translating so well to the NBA.

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He was dropped 3 times in my league when the season started lol. I just grabbed him on a whim and never looked back. You can pry him out of my cold dead hands. 

I drafted him, then offered him in trade to every manager in my league before the season began. 

In preseason, I offered him PLUS another decent player for the following:

Horford
Draymond
Oubre
Thomas Bryant
Wendell Carter Jr.
OG
Oladipo
Lonzo
Brook Lopez

Context:

Tonight, he was one steal short of a 5x5. 

According to nba.com/stats, his 4x5 line tonight with 4 steals has been done in only 3 regular season games in the last 25 years, one time each by:

Ray Allen, Harden, and DAR.

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Context:

Tonight, he was one steal short of a 5x5. 

According to nba.com/stats, his 4x5 line tonight with 4 steals has been done in only 3 regular season games in the last 25 years, one time each by:

Ray Allen, Harden, and DAR.

Not here to knock the absurd play of this kid or the ridiculous stat line, but I thought a 5x5 specifically included blocks.

Even if you're replacing blocks with threes I'm seeing the historical stats differently as there are ten other instances going back to 1983 of guys putting up at least 30 points, 5 threes, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals, and 1 block in a game (using the NBA.com/stats tool that you mentioned), and this doesn't include Ray Allen or DAR (apologies if this is a known abbreviation but who is DAR?).

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying because I thought I would see only those two players plus Harden come up in the historical box score tracker when plugging in tonight's stat line by Ball.

Screenshot-20210302-031055-Chrome.jpg

Edit: Stat line is still crazy obviously, and just for laughs I dropped threes from the filter and upped blocks to 5 thinking nobody has ever had that stat line with 30 points and 8 assists, and go figure who would do that.

Screenshot-20210302-032456-Chrome.jpg

Edited by CharlesCC2

Yeah a 5x5 has always been points/rebs/asts/stls/blks whenever I’ve seen it mentioned.  

Crazy thing is, I could see him do it. His game high for blocks is 2 but if he made it a priority, in the right matchup he could get five blocks with his size.

10 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yeah I must have done it wrong. Sorry. 

All good brodie. Kid's a stud 

I'll take a 4x5 Animal Style all day from LaMelo 

Where do you reckon he goes in redrafts next year? Top 20? He already looks like he'll finish the season as a top 30 guy. His usage and shots are gonna be through the roof, he's a true franchise player. 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Where do you reckon he goes in redrafts next year? Top 20? He already looks like he'll finish the season as a top 30 guy. His usage and shots are gonna be through the roof, he's a true franchise player. 

Need bigger sample size, but sky is the limit for him. The counting stats will be there so itll comes down to his efficiency and whether it's sustainable. He's already been a top 10 player over his last 15 games.

A statline of 21/7/7/2stls/2.6 threes/ on 45/78 which is his floor is probably first rounder next year. Up the efficiency, and a few more points and hes a lock for 1st round value.

Edited by taenggg
  • Like 1