NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

I swear the Ball family is cursed from selling out like the Kardashians. LaMelo is talented no doubt, but the ball brothers are way too injury prone, and not durable at all... like how do you break your wrist from a routine fall like that, that's Charmin soft. Adios Hornets playoffs, and bye-bye ROY.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MantisToboggan said:

I swear the Ball family is cursed from selling out like the Kardashians. LaMelo is talented no doubt, but the ball brothers are way too injury prone, and not durable at all... like how do you break your wrist from a routine fall like that, that's Charmin soft. Adios Hornets playoffs, and bye-bye ROY.

Comments this stupid should be grounds for a ban.

• Like 2

At least it's not something that will affect his performance in the future!  My Devonte goes from almost droppable to must have though.  I was this close to dropping that dude. 

Everything stated above is the truth. NBA players are too soft now a days, like what happened to the days when players would get injured, play through it and take an ice bath after the game. Or like save surgery for the ******** off-season instead of faking an injury so you can load manage, because your team has no chance of winning or making the playoffs? If LaMelo doesn't man up through this routine fall, he will be just another soft, injury prone prospect. DeVonte Graham goes from drop city to must add. Malik Monk becomes viable for streams once again.

• Like 1

Welp it was a fun ride. If I wasn’t so assist heavy I would be a lot more worried. But I’ll also miss his steals.  

One of the most fun rookies I’ve seen in a while.

5 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

seek help.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

Is It safe to drop or are you all waiting for second opinion?

I have my IL spots free so I'm stashing him for the time being. Not too optimistic but just in case there's a chance, however small, that he comes back, I don't wanna miss out. 

4 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

I’m waiting for a 2nd opinion as well

I did the same as fabrar and put him in IL for now. Not sure why a second opinion would rule out a fracture in his hand but we'll see.

Hold him. You just never know. Several years ago Lamarcus injured his thumb and required season ending surgery. Tons of owners dropped him on the spot (luckily I didn’t) and then a few days later he decided to play with the injury. Obviously, not the same type of injury and It’s looking really bad for LaMelo and he’s most likely going to miss ROS but just wait for that second opinion and see what Charlotte does going forward and make your move then. 

31 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Not sure how long the rehab period is. 

I think if you have a spare IR spot, you should hold. Chances are low he actually comes back to play but who knows? Maybe by some miracle he'll play the last couple of weeks of the season. 

15 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Someone offered me Tobias for LaMelo a couple weeks ago, and in an act of cocky swift stubbornness turned the guy down. Oh what fate! Oh what plight! 

It’s ok. In 2012, I passed up rookie Doug Martin for my Martellus Bennett. Granted, the guy rescinded the offer but like a day after he made the offer. 

I was so proud of myself bc I had predicted that Bennett would do well in his first year with the Giants after not getting a chance in the 4 years he played behind Witten on the Cowboys. no one anywhere was making that prediction and it looked like I had fkn nailed it a few weeks into the season, which is why I was extra attached to Bennett and let emotions cloud my judgement. Bennett finished the season with 626 yards 5 TDs (pretty good for a TE at that time actually) while Martin had 1454 yards 11 TDs.

I’m sure you felt the same way and why you turned that down. You couldn’t predict an injury... Ball and Harris are ranked the same in my league and I bet it was way more fun owning owning Ball than Harris. 

• Like 1

So a drop for leagues with playoff start week 17... damn 🥲 you were my little Golden boy see you in round 3 at next years draft

Edited by Brandayz

I don't know. Even for my POs that start week 18 I'm not confident how soon he'll get back with rehab + minutes restrictions. It wouldn't make sense for the Hornets to rush him back. Leaning towards a drop with 1 IL and KD and Nurk on my roster.

26 minutes ago, falconish said:

I don't know. Even for my POs that start week 18 I'm not confident how soon he'll get back with rehab + minutes restrictions. It wouldn't make sense for the Hornets to rush him back. Leaning towards a drop with 1 IL and KD and Nurk on my roster.

Yeah my IR spots are full, not sure what to do.  Gonna wait to see if the Hornets themselves offer a timeline. Shams’s update is encouraging but 4 weeks is still the first week of playoffs for me. 

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Yeah my IR spots are full, not sure what to do.  Gonna wait to see if the Hornets themselves offer a timeline. Shams’s update is encouraging but 4 weeks is still the first week of playoffs for me. 

Same here. Not sure if he could beat that timeline and how much rehab he needs afterwards. Not like they really need to rush anything