NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I don't see Rozier becoming the 6th man, that'd be basically telling the 2nd highest paid player on the team, we don't want you anymore.

It's possible they don't want him anymore. Since the signing they landed two good young cheap guards. Might make sense to flip him for some Hayward insurance depending on how things shake out

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 1

Well this aged poorly 

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I don't see Rozier becoming the 6th man, that'd be basically telling the 2nd highest paid player on the team, we don't want you anymore. There was talk of all three being in the lineup for small ball lineups (Rozier-Graham-Ball-Hayward-PJ) but that group would get wrecked defensively. I could see them trading either Rozier or Graham and my guess is Graham who would be RFA after this upcoming season. I think part of the reason why Charlotte drafted Ball was to replace Graham after this season without having to overpay for Graham, just my guess we'll see. 

Not so scary Terry was linked with moves away and even liked a rumor trading him to Clippers I am sure if they could deal that bad contract they would. They also have Monk and will have to stagger one of Graham or Rozier or else it'll be anarchy on the court

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Not so scary Terry was linked with moves away and even liked a rumor trading him to Clippers I am sure if they could deal that bad contract they would. They also have Monk and will have to stagger one of Graham or Rozier or else it'll be anarchy on the court

Yeah we'll see I don't see a team willing to take on Rozier's contract, but I can see a team overpaying for Graham next offseason. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

dont own him and didnt want him because of rookie. i liked what i saw though.

Yup 9-cat headache.

I passed on him there , and scooped him up in my points league only.

That being said the upside is immense ... he's a baby in the league basically. Let him get his feet wet 

More talented than Lonzo imo 

Edited by RunCMC
34 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yup 9-cat headache.

I passed on him there , and scooped him up in my points league only.

That being said the upside is immense ... he's a baby in the league basically. Let him get his feet wet 

More talented than Lonzo imo 

What do you mean immense? How good do you think he can be if given the opportunity? Do you think he is a drop in 12team 9cat?

44 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

What do you mean immense? How good do you think he can be if given the opportunity? Do you think he is a drop in 12team 9cat?

Well Charlotte isn't a playoff team most likely, possible now with growth from the youngsters + adding Hayward, but the sooner that realization comes to pass , the more burn LaMello will get.

Rozier and Graham while both good players , are not the future. 

I wouldn't drop him in any format, super early. Just have plenty of Xanax on deck , this will be a stressful situation for sure. 

Edited by RunCMC
24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Well Charlotte isn't a playoff team most likely, possible now with growth from the youngsters + adding Hayward, but the sooner that realization comes to pass , the more burn LaMello will get.

I wouldn't drop him in any format, super early. Just have plenty of Xanax on deck , this will be a stressful situation for sure. 

Do you have an idea what his ceiling might be. Is it almost guaranteed that he'll kill your % and to? 

Let say from late march to may he will average... 10-11 points, 5 ast, 4 reb and around 4 or 5 turnovers, horrible % to boot. Not going to look his way this season at all.

1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Do you have an idea what his ceiling might be. Is it almost guaranteed that he'll kill your % and to? 

I'm honestly not that sure, but definite yes to your second question. That's a lock I would say lol

The post above by JormaJormala has some #'s to decipher. 

• Thanks 1

I had him, but had to drop. In hindsight it was a mistake to pick him up. He was my only droppable player and there was someone on the wire I had to get before someone else did. Probably going to regret this lol. 

I think he will be good, but it's going to take time and the pathway to minutes isn't all there yet. A trade would need to happen to clear space. 

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

rozier is only 26 and just signed a sizable contract .. he scored 42 points on opening night. he is very much looking like a part of their future. 

4 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Is anyone holding him in 10 team leagues? 

I think no need to hold him in 10 team leagues unless you are playing keeper league,I'm sure there are some good FA you can add in 10 team leagues(eg: Milton,Garland,Patrick Williams)

On 12/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, kane said:

I think no need to hold him in 10 team leagues unless you are playing keeper league,I'm sure there are some good FA you can add in 10 team leagues(eg: Milton,Garland,Patrick Williams)

Yeah dropped him in my 10 team league. He's gonna have bad %s and low stocks even if he gets minutes. Not willing to be frustrated about all three factors: minutes, %s and stocks lol. Probably high turnovers too, but I don't care about that. Too many things need to happen for him to return any true value.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, BennyBackwood said:

0 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 3 turnovers in 16 minutes. Only way to go is up from this one but Garland looking awful nice right now.

If you still have Garland available you should make the change. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook
4 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I think the opposite. He was completely lost and he only got 15 minutes. Michael Jordan gonna punish Lavar Ball by burying this dude.

HAHAHA. No. That’s not how this works 😂 Bury this dude in the depth chart? For what?

Their FIRST priority is to develop him as a top 3 pick being a losing team. Sure he won’t get the minutes early on because they have to balance Hayward, Rozier and Graham’s PT, but LaMelo will have his opportunities in the season.