NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

45 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

HAHAHA. No. That’s not how this works 😂 Bury this dude in the depth chart? For what?

Their FIRST priority is to develop him as a top 3 pick being a losing team. Sure he won’t get the minutes early on because they have to balance Hayward, Rozier and Graham’s PT, but LaMelo will have his opportunities in the season.

hes having a nice shooting game tonight but im still not a believer in him THIS SEASON.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 1

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Boy is going to cook after the 20-25 game mark IMHO. 

Give him 26-28min and he should be super productive. He’s got Lonzo’s stat set with more scoring.

I wouldn't even wait that long. Give him the keys after 12-15 games. Obviously he's hot tonight but everything else he bring is world's better than Rozier.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 12 team and that I scooped him up 

Exactly lmao. Why tf people dropping him after 5 games. You don’t draft Melo for his first 5 games. You draft him for the upside of 20th game onwards imho.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

^ Hmm, the drop on the last page was in a 10-teamer with Garland on the wire. Lamelo hasn't been dropped in any league I'm in. I don't think the drops were very prevalent.

Fair!

YUGE line today. Woowee.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ganandorf said:

He was dropped in my 10 man league... how much of a waiver bid is fair for him... some were saying 30??

Blow your wad 

Disclosure: I don't have him on any team.  

This guy is pretty good. I will admit that I hadn't seen much of him prior to this season and given the Ball name I figured he was overhyped.  However, he looks to be a player. While starting isn't important, minutes and finishing games is.  Hopefully, his minutes will continue to trend up. 

23 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Disclosure: I don't have him on any team.  

This guy is pretty good. I will admit that I hadn't seen much of him prior to this season and given the Ball name I figured he was overhyped.  However, he looks to be a player. While starting isn't important, minutes and finishing games is.  Hopefully, his minutes will continue to trend up. 

Same. I didn't want to give him a chance as a fan because of his dad. I guess that was unfair.