NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

On 12/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, mattshhh said:

Westbrook's rookie numbers:

39.8%
27.1%

Something in this ballpark? Maybe a couple more rebs/assists and a couple fewer points? A blast to own but someone who will be overvalued unless efficiency comes around or his stocks are strong

Is that 32.5 ppg, 15.3 reb, 4.9 ast, 5.3 stl., 1.3 blk, 0.2 turnover per game?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow those stocks. Someone actually dropped him in my league and I just grabbed him as a streamer but I think this line, along with the last couple, officially means he's staying on my squad ROS unless he really falls off. 

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Is that 32.5 ppg, 15.3 reb, 4.9 ast, 5.3 stl., 1.3 blk, 0.2 turnover per game?

The rebounds and assist might've been a typo. Switch those. But other than that, seems pretty reasonable to me. 

• Haha 1
Just now, fabrar said:

Wow those stocks. Someone actually dropped him in my league and I just grabbed him as a streamer but I think this line, along with the last couple, officially means he's staying on my squad ROS unless he really falls off. 

Cookies GIF - Cookies GIFs

LaMelo "Cookie Monster" Ball

25 minutes ago, fabrar said:

%s suck as expected, but damn kid is a stat stuffer. Just start him already

What difference does it make? He’s getting starter minutes playing against lesser comp. Keep him as is imho.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:22 AM, Johnnyapplebot said:

hes having a nice shooting game tonight but im still not a believer in him THIS SEASON.

Let the counting stats and steals baptize you into a LaMelo Believer 🥵

Man, this dude is irritating me. F'ing 19yo Killian Hayes starts and this cat doesn't. "We can't score"  At least Borrego said he might have to take a look at lineups in this 3 min clip. Take Graham/Biyombo out and just TRY smallball with Lamelo & Bridges. No better time than against Atlanta next game with all their 6'9" guys

1 hour ago, bbythepier said:

Man, this dude is irritating me. F'ing 19yo Killian Hayes starts and this cat doesn't. "We can't score"  At least Borrego said he might have to take a look at lineups in this 3 min clip. Take Graham/Biyombo out and just TRY smallball with Lamelo & Bridges. No better time than against Atlanta next game with all their 6'9" guys

Give it 10 games bro. Not gonna be long before they focus on purely player development

24 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Give it 10 games bro. Not gonna be long before they focus on purely player development

I won't clog this thread with my 'Melo manifesto, but I just want to be clear:

Ja Morant developed just fine and came *this close* to the playoffs. You can develop Lamelo (and 37  3pt% Bridges) in the starting lineup AND make your team better. Devonte Graham is NOTHING but a 2nd round draft pick chucker microwave bench scorer. Biyombo is a journeyman NOTHING. You don't go out there and try to bang with Embiid. You run that big boy ragged and shoot over the top of him. And you do it by an elite 2nd pick penetrator who kickouts to shooters with 4-6ft of open space due to gravity. You don't do it with two chuckers running the offense. Steve F'ing Kerr invents the Death Lineup and these old school codgers are still trying to "match up" with their opponents. It's nuts.

• Thanks 1
On 1/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, ovofnd said:

What difference does it make? He’s getting starter minutes playing against lesser comp. Keep him as is imho.

There isn't one reason that LaMelo should be getting less than 28 minutes. He is league's better than Graham and has the size to play any lineup. Rozier isn't the future of this team either. He should be seeing 28-32 minutes minimum. Pointless debate anywho because we all know he will be starting and getting those minutes come next month anyway.

17 hours ago, bbythepier said:

I won't clog this thread with my 'Melo manifesto, but I just want to be clear:

Ja Morant developed just fine and came *this close* to the playoffs. You can develop Lamelo (and 37  3pt% Bridges) in the starting lineup AND make your team better. Devonte Graham is NOTHING but a 2nd round draft pick chucker microwave bench scorer. Biyombo is a journeyman NOTHING. You don't go out there and try to bang with Embiid. You run that big boy ragged and shoot over the top of him. And you do it by an elite 2nd pick penetrator who kickouts to shooters with 4-6ft of open space due to gravity. You don't do it with two chuckers running the offense. Steve F'ing Kerr invents the Death Lineup and these old school codgers are still trying to "match up" with their opponents. It's nuts.

"The Melo Manifesto" is gonna be my new team name lol. Sounds like an awesome 70s conspiracy thriller.

3 hours ago, KKPer9 said:

There isn't one reason that LaMelo should be getting less than 28 minutes. He is league's better than Graham and has the size to play any lineup. Rozier isn't the future of this team either. He should be seeing 28-32 minutes minimum. Pointless debate anywho because we all know he will be starting and getting those minutes come next month anyway.

I obviously agree with you, but the data says Melo has been playing over 29mpg in the past 7 days and pushing north of that every game. It’s clear he’ll play 30+ minutes going forward anyway. From a fantasy perspective, it doesn’t matter if he starts or comes off the bench. Melo plays the minutes, even in blowouts, which is good insurance every time the Hornets play.

Coming off the bench playing 30mpg isn’t bad and hardly something to get frustrated about, unless you’re a Hornets fan and genuinely believe he’s better than Devonte or Rozier (agreed on both accounts). 

Huge rebound, takes it up court to find Hayward who scores. Needs one assist to become the youngest ever to record a triple double......then gets pulled from the game

Edited by Quazza
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Borrego gotta go

came back in the game late. Made a pass when there was 1 second to go on the shot clock. you HOPED he wasnt hunting the trip dub lol didn't look good

Just now, Quazza said:

came back in the game late. Made a pass when there was 1 second to go on the shot clock. you HOPED he wasnt hunting the trip dub lol didn't look good

TBH Devonte held onto it way too long before starting the play, but yeah Melo wanted that assist lol.

6 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Can’t be chasing stats when you haven’t secured the win. 

And the first Annual Ball Bowl goes to LaMelo!

He gets the W, posts 12-11-9 line and also wins the FG% battle 33% to 25%

Edited by Fry