NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Nah it wasn't a bad projection, he's right at 40% on the season. 

yes 40% before tonight but lets see how he finishes at the end of the season. I did say 15 6 5 35% 70% FT and his FT% now is 74%. I didnt massacre anything.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

yes 40% before tonight but lets see how he finishes at the end of the season. I did say 15 6 5 35% 70% FT and his FT% now is 74%. I didnt massacre anything.

Lol can u read, I was agreeing with you that it wasn't (was not) a bad projection.

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Lol can u read, I was agreeing with you that it wasn't (was not) a bad projection.

I know you were agreeing with me? Lol? I wasnt going against u...i even left u a like on your comment wtf lol.

• Haha 1

Honestly, I was expecting a Lonzo Ball clone, except starting. The Lakers held Lonzo back.

Personally, I don't care whether LaMelo starts. He is getting enough minutes to feast. 

• Like 1

Oct 23, 2019

Tim Hardaway starts and Luka Doncic comes off the bench in his NBA debut. The Mavs need to take pressure off him.

Oct 17, 2018

Jeremy Lin starts for the Atlanta Hawks and Trae Young comes off the bench in his NBA debut.

😂😂😂😂

What are things that that didn't happen for $500

Anthony Lynn was going to start Tyrod Taylor all year over Justin Herbert, if not for a needle. Borrego can disappear into a forgotten assistant like Kenny Atkinson, nobody would know the difference. I don't bow to anyone, especially Mr Borrego.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Honestly, I was expecting a Lonzo Ball clone, except starting. The Lakers held Lonzo back.

Personally, I don't care whether LaMelo starts. He is getting enough minutes to feast. 

True as long as Melo gets 30+ and finishes games it's all good. Lonzo also held back Lonzo and continues to hold himself back. 

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

True as long as Melo gets 30+ and finishes games it's all good. Lonzo also held back Lonzo and continues to hold himself back. 

True. Bottom line is Melo is the better player. And I like Lonzo a lot.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I agree with this because how many times have people told him just be confident just shoot and he keeps doing the opposite. LaMelo shoots and doesnt care if he airballs it as he did in this game. What did he do next shot? Hit another 3. Lonzo would avoid another shot so soon like the plague.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Agreed on both, what happened to LiAngelo though? 

LaVar was building a team. Melo was PG, Lonzo was a defensive SG, LiAngelo was SF. 

Someone dropped him after his first crappy game and I took a flier on him. Suffice to say he's not leaving my squad for the rest of the year unless it's an incredible trade offer 

This kid is gonna be special.  He's going to make everyone around him better. I don't have him at all but just watching him play helps give legitimacy to Charlotte. After years of funking up in the front office, it looks like they have some nice pieces, Melo being one of them. 

4 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Why not both? 

That's exactly what I did lol, my 10th and 11th picks. People were saying I was too much of a gambler but I really like picking two high prospect rookies and seeing how it pans out.

Last year I did the exact same thing and picked Ja Morant / Clarke :)

It is obvious he is generational talent. Best rookie I have ever seen, hands down. Luka maybe close, but he cheated playing Euroleague.

4 hours ago, fabrar said:

Someone dropped him after his first crappy game and I took a flier on him. Suffice to say he's not leaving my squad for the rest of the year unless it's an incredible trade offer 

Exactly how i scooped him up! He's regretting now. I must say, ball is really fun to watch. It's one of those eye-catching players like when you first watch guys like kobe or dwade play. (Not saying he'll be as good as them)

5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

It is obvious he is generational talent. Best rookie I have ever seen, hands down. Luka maybe close, but he cheated playing Euroleague.

This could very well be an age-related thing, but in my opinion he's not even the best rookie named Melo I've ever seen. 

That being said, this kid is doing a lot better than what I had expected prior to this season. His AST:TO ratio is very nice and more importantly his shooting isn't tanking his value completely (not at all these last two weeks). I was expecting him to shoot around 35-37% from the field, but from what we've seen 40-42% should definitely be possible (and in combination with the rest of his line that should place him in top 75 range).