NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMelo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

7 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

It is obvious he is generational talent. Best rookie I have ever seen, hands down. Luka maybe close, but he cheated playing Euroleague.

...you know that Melo has a lot of international experience right? He played in Lithuania and Australia. There's a reason why he looks so polished already 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get why people draft him in the mid rounds but drop him after a week. We all know his minutes will ramp up and that you have to be patient with rooks, I’m just glad someone dropped him in my 1

Well this aged poorly 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, XOB said:

One of the best rebounding guards I have ever seen. Just has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

It helps that he's 6'7, even though he doesn't look like it.

I love his passing. He's the best passing rookie I've seen in a long time, and already one of the best pure passers in the NBA. 

He's basically a walking triple double. He also doesn't overly chase rebounds like Russ does he just kinda knows where to be and being 6'7 definitely doesn't hurt.

1 hour ago, XOB said:

He's basically a walking triple double. He also doesn't overly chase rebounds like Russ does he just kinda knows where to be and being 6'7 definitely doesn't hurt.

Pretty much Simmons with an outside shot and a better ft%

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, halbounih said:

did his coach reallyy bench him the enter 2nd half? must have done something really bad?

He didnt play the 4th quarter. He had some really bad turnovers tonight and Graham had it going

Guess it missed it when Borrego became Gregg Popovich. Quite pointed comments from the young coach...

When asked why LaMelo Ball played just 16 minutes in Friday's loss to the Bulls, Hornets coach James Borrego pointed to the rookie's turnover count. 

"If you’re turning the ball over five times in 16 minutes, that ain’t gonna cut it for me," Borrego said on Saturday.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Guess it missed it when Borrego became Gregg Popovich. Quite pointed comments from the young coach...

When asked why LaMelo Ball played just 16 minutes in Friday's loss to the Bulls, Hornets coach James Borrego pointed to the rookie's turnover count. 

"If you’re turning the ball over five times in 16 minutes, that ain’t gonna cut it for me," Borrego said on Saturday.

So LaMelo can't turn the ball over, but Devonte can shoot it 3-20 and play 35 min got it. 

• Haha 1
Just now, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Buy low or is this just a bad situation

graham should be coming off the bench second half of the season, there's no reason he should be starting over ball. Especially since graham would make more sense as a scoring presence in the second unit. But who knows coach thinks his team is making the playoffs

• Haha 1

I think its just a rough patch. The Hornets should be fully committed to his development as the centerpiece of their franchise. Should be unleashed sooner than later as they fall out of the playoff picture.

This was probably the worst situation for Lamelo. Terry Rozier and emerging Graham. I mean I remember when those two were fighting for PG minutes. Now you add in Lamelo and get this cluster. This kid is ready to fly but just got on a terrible team to display his rookie talent.

I fear frustration and more Lavar comments will be coming the second half of this season. This guy doesn’t need a year to develop. He’s ready for the reigns and he’s just going to get more discouraged with this situation. 

• Like 1

They spent big money on Hayward and want to make the playoffs. And Devonte gives them a better chance of winning right now than Lamelo, its that simple guys. Seems like everyone's judgement is clouded from drafting a fun to watch rookie

• Like 1