NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Huerter 2020-2021 Outlook

Thoughts on Huerter this year? He showed flashes last year and they even had him running the offense sometimes when Trey was out. I assume the signing of Gallo hurts him a little but can he possibly had a breakout season? Or are there just too many wings on that team? He got the most run last year compared to Cam and DeAndre. 

6 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Atlanta wants Bogie from the Kings in a sign and trade. Maybe red velvet goes the other way? 

I hope so. Kings could really use a secondary ball handler since Bogi will be gone. That would really pump up his value again. Just too many mouths to feed in Atlanta.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I hope so. Kings could really use a secondary ball handler since Bogi will be gone. That would really pump up his value again. Just too many mouths to feed in Atlanta.

Looks like they will sign Rondo lol 

• 3 weeks later...

The situation is terrible but a part of me thinks he might have the upside to push through it? Started last game over bogdan which isn't indicative of how things will be but suggests they're taking a long look at him despite the team's additions. His growth could be the difference between fringe playoff contention and a 5/6 seed for the hawks.. and there's no doubt he and bogdan (both 6'6") would be able to play alongside each other if they prove to be the best wings.

Not a bankable expectation but he's tall for a guy who can reliably pass and shoot, sneaky peripheral stats, got that all-around Will Barton game which seems to mesh with any team build. Would be an immediate add if the backcourt rotation wasn't so bloated: Young, Rondo, Dunn, Bog, Reddish, Hunter and Huerter all fighting for 3 spots. Ugh forget i said anything

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No comments yet? Bogdanovic is out for probably quite some time, both Huerter and Reddish should see an increase in minutes and touches, which should improve their value.

Hunter was already getting a lot of touches before so I expect his value to remain the same.