NBC Sports Edge Forums

De'Anthony Melton 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, AstroWorld said:

Bledsoe just continues to slide in rank in season long ranks. Was at 175 season long and doesn’t even show up on the 7/15/30 day tracking. Meanwhile Vanderbilt has performed well enough these last 2 weeks and his stocks are valuable to me. Hoping he plays better with KAT back. Yes I’m concerned I’m losing out on Bledsoe’s assists 3s and scoring which I really need, but it looks like his percentages and turnovers continue to weigh him down no matter how good he has played these last couple of weeks and there was no trade market for him in my league. I faced the same dilemma with goran 2 weeks ago. Hopefully Melitón plays well but if he or Van flop, I can use my second place waiver pick to get Bledsoe back lol. 

Sorry to continue derailing the ANTHONY MELTON thread, but this assessment of Bledsoe is oversimplified.  He started out *horribly* on the Pels this season and is shooting an uncharateristic 65% from the line and 44% from the field with a paltry 1.1 stocks.  That is not who he is — historically he’s a lot more efficient — so to judge him based on his current BBM ranking is misleading at the moment. 

Melton flashed the potential to be a stock monster and very strong rebounder last season as well.  He wasn’t terribly inconsistent when given a decent load but could not lock down starter’s (or even 6th man) minutes so his usefullness would come and go.  His value is hinging on the coach’s decision whether to give him more minutes or not which is a crap shoot.  I’m not dropping anyone half-decent or giving up my streaming spot for him, but he has some potential still. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld must be holding a group circlejerk about how their favorite got paid.    Despite putting up top 198 numbers last season, I truthfully believe he has 1st round upside, may even be a surp

fcuk Jenkins     

Melton away 🌞 🧊 💧

He did just sign a somewhat substantial contract over the offseason so maybe his minutes will be more consistent this year. No doubt he’s better than Brooks but that doesn’t mean he would be better suited as the starter. If he keeps getting 25mpg he’ll be very useful in 12 team leagues. 

I think he and Brooks have a similar size contract if that means anything. I'd imagine if he signed that contract it means he should get at least backup minutes... not sure what Memphis is doing.

His biggest challenge to getting consistent 25 min per game is the emergence of Bane and Konchar + a healthy Grayson Allen who the Grizz rate. 

I think if the 3 mentioned above are all playing Melton probably only sees around 18 minutes. 

16 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

I would like to apologize to the Rotoworld community for picking this guy up. Once again, without fail, he is on his way to dropping a 💩  on my roster. I am sure he will pick it back up once I drop him.

I'm dropping too.   Im impatient these days.

• Haha 1

I don't own the guy but his line today seems far from droppable in my eyes, especially considering Dillon was hitting his shots crazy today. 12-6 with 3 blocks and 1 3pt, on a "bad night"?? 

1 hour ago, dont_panic said:

If he's going to average 7 three point attempts per game, he has to be picked up right?

I doubt he averages anything close to that.  The Memphis guard rotation is too deep for that to happen.  Just look at the past few games.  it's taken at least 2 guards to be unavailable for Melton to start getting consistent burn.

• Like 1

10 points, 4 - 4.5 assists, CLOSE to 1 block with 1.5 steals. Over 1 3PM and +4 rebs.

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Thanks 1

I've talked about their back court rotation before. It came as a shock to me that Melton was dropped when everyone was healthy. Just dumbfounding. Last nights game they had Allen still on the sidelines and second unit guys including had +20 and first unit was -30! 

Melton really is their best guy off the bench any way you look at it. Then its Allen and newly drafted Bane. Gonchar gives them more of that hustle aspect.

If you look at the rotation PG is completely exhausted with Morant and Jones. There is nothing to debate there. It is the two starting spots that really get me. SloMo Anderson and especially Dillon Brooks just are not starting material in this league. Brooks is just god-awful player. If you try to figure where the minutes should come its obvious you should start with Brooks and maybe shave some Anderson usage away too. Bane as a shooting threat deserves playing time and Melton/Allen are next in line. Gonchar is the guy off the bench who should be in the down low. But Brooks and Anderson just flat out play too much.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I've talked about their back court rotation before. It came as a shock to me that Melton was dropped when everyone was healthy. Just dumbfounding. Last nights game they had Allen still on the sidelines and second unit guys including had +20 and first unit was -30! 

Melton really is their best guy off the bench any way you look at it. Then its Allen and newly drafted Bane. Gonchar gives them more of that hustle aspect.

If you look at the rotation PG is completely exhausted with Morant and Jones. There is nothing to debate there. It is the two starting spots that really get me. SloMo Anderson and especially Dillon Brooks just are not starting material in this league. Brooks is just god-awful player. If you try to figure where the minutes should come its obvious you should start with Brooks and maybe shave some Anderson usage away too. Bane as a shooting threat deserves playing time and Melton/Allen are next in line. Gonchar is the guy off the bench who should be in the down low. But Brooks and Anderson just flat out play too much.

Is there a chance when Grayson get back, Melton is benched,  or becomes a 12mpg guy?

There is a real chance. He was playing just fine last time and got the hook. Now he played even better and you would think he jumped at least Gonchar on the rotation. But Im not counting on him to keep up with this at all. Free money is how I see it right now.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

There is a real chance. He was playing just fine last time and got the hook. Now he played even better and you would think he jumped at least Gonchar on the rotation. But Im not counting on him to keep up with this at all. Free money is how I see it right now.

Went w McConnell then , he's just fiesty enough to throw in a half block per

• 2 weeks later...