NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

My man ❤️

Posted Images

I've watched him closely , his entire year. From  summer league to rookie year , to MVPs and Championships to now ......and it sounds crazy but I'm not sure I've ever seen him play better than he is right now. 

Kinda wild 

• Like 1

Something I don’t really get...

What’s with the stretches for minutes where Curry doesn’t touch the ball...at all? It seems like almost every game there’s like 4-5 possessions in a row where Green brings it up and then like Oubre or Wiggins iso and Curry is without a touch. Can’t really say he’s just “taking those possessions off to catch his breath” (a terrible reason no matter what) because against the Nets coming into the second half I don’t know if he even touched the ball the first 4 minutes. 

Curry is putting up incredible numbers so whatever they’re doing is working to an extent but this still baffles me. Every time they run some dumb ISO for Oubre I want to bang my head against the wall.

He’s still top 10 in usage but I’d honestly expect top 5 with their roster. Again, have zero problems with his numbers because they’ve been dominant but from a real life basketball perspective those stretches are baffling. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

What’s with the stretches for minutes where Curry doesn’t touch the ball...at all? It seems like almost every game there’s like 4-5 possessions in a row where Green brings it up and then like Oubre or Wiggins iso and Curry is without a touch. Can’t really say he’s just “taking those possessions off to catch his breath” (a terrible reason no matter what) because against the Nets coming into the second half I don’t know if he even touched the ball the first 4 minutes. 

Curry is putting up incredible numbers so whatever they’re doing is working to an extent but this still baffles me. Every time they run some dumb ISO for Oubre I want to bang my head against the wall.

He’s still top 10 in usage but I’d honestly expect top 5 with their roster. Again, have zero problems with his numbers because they’ve been dominant but from a real life basketball perspective those stretches are baffling. 

Yeah he should be touching the ball way more. Curry may be a bit too selfless for his own good. He's always looking to get his teammates going on offense so sometimes he'll just let them play it out without asking for the ball. 

13 hours ago, Gohawks said:

yes! i think this every time i watch the warriors and as a curry owner its so frustrating especially when hes on fire and shooting 50+%. But it is obviously to get other guys going because end of the day, sure curry can take and dominate more shots but if everyone else is ice cold (which isnt hard with brick oubre) then they're going to end up being predictable/easy to just constantly double steph & will prob result in them being blown out & curry sitting on the bench. So i think it is a necessity sadly

Just another day at the office for the Chef. His efficiency has actually been ridiculous this season. 

Kinda sucks that the warriors are up by so much, he is barely gonna play the 4th unless Cleveland catches up lol

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

Just another day at the office for the Chef. His efficiency has actually been ridiculous this season. 

First guard since Jordan in 95 to score 25 on 50% fg, for 9 straight games 

As I said earlier in here , he really is playing the best ball of his career 

• Like 3
On 2/15/2021 at 1:54 AM, 80version said:

A lot of the sets GS runs are specifically designed to utilize Curry’s gravity as a decoy to free up other players, so not getting touches on any number of possessions is commonplace.  

Actually nice to see someone gets this. Its also why he's such a good screen setter for a guard. All of a sudden you have 2 defenders really close to Steph ....who you think they're sticking to ? 

His gravity is insane 

4 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Lol yea - skyf—ker effed us a bit this week. But you can’t really be mad at a Top-5 guy.

Yeah he's been an absolute monster all season, I don't really care about a few off nights. Shooters shoot. He's probably gonna go back to dropping 40 bombs on 55% shooting soon

its almost insulting im losing 3pm this week to my opponent, i never lose that category. cmon steph would like another 5-7 one next game please and thank you. at least hes stuffing the other cats on his off % nights 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha. curry's avgs this week with two games left

4 threes 30.5 pts 7 reb 7 dimes 2 steals 3 t/o

And this is a "bad" week for him too lmaoo. Man is really built different 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1