NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

My man ❤️

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

This is my first year having him on my team and I feel like I'm cheating

LOL my opponent last week has one of the best 3-pt shooting teams in our league, and last night he was like Curry made me feel like I was punting 3s

• Haha 1

This guy is putting all teams in all fantasy leagues on notice. This is the best and worst timing for Steph to be motivated and greenlit to search and destroy.

Edited by Spyplane

If he sustains this pace over the next two weeks. He will be MVP. and it both brings me joy and pain to say that because Curry is amazing but I think Jokic deserves it regardless 

Edited by NoHablaIngles
9 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

If he sustains this pace over the next two weeks. He will be MVP. and it both brings me joy and pain to say that because Curry is amazing but I think Jokic deserves it regardless 

Jokic pretty much has MVP locked up at this point (and it's well-deserved) but if we're talking how valuable a player is to his team - it's Curry. No other player does as much for their team as Curry when you look at what he has to work with. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Jokic pretty much has MVP locked up at this point (and it's well-deserved) but if we're talking how valuable a player is to his team - it's Curry. No other player does as much for their team as Curry when you look at what he has to work with. 

I hope you are right. But I never discount the power of recency bias and media narrative. Let’s just be happy we get to witness these magnificent performances from these incredible athletes. 

Edited by NoHablaIngles
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Curry is definitely making a lot of noise and voters will take notice. Favorites to win the MVP are Jokic, Embiid and Giannis/Curry

31 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Curry is no where close to being the MVP. How can you be the MVP of a 9th place team? Ain’t happening.

True, that's the only reason I can think of.  

But my god is he playing on an absolute insane level right now,.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

True, that's the only reason I can think of.  

But my god is he playing on an absolute insane level right now,.

What's amazing about his streak is his high shooting efficiency and nailing long threes. A few extra assists and steals would be nice but that's nitpicking. Best part is that he looks like he is having fun. And he is 33 yrs old.  

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

What's amazing about his streak is his high shooting efficiency and nailing long threes. A few extra assists and steals would be nice but that's nitpicking. Best part is that he looks like he is having fun. And he is 33 yrs old.  

When Curry is on one, he’s just must see television.

And that’s been the case from end of March heading into April.

Having him rostered makes it that much more enjoyable. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Curry is no where close to being the MVP. How can you be the MVP of a 9th place team? Ain’t happening.

If they make the playoffs he should be MVP.

How much they factor seeding into it is a farce. Warriors are like 1-8 without Curry and would be fighting for the first overall pick. That roster is actually horrendous. The voters have been punishing players for their front office ever since the award became a thing.

Don’t get me wrong, Jokic has been damn impressive and is playing incredible but there’s levels to this ****. 

As a Dubs fan I think Joker deserves it this year.

Steph is almost certainly the most valuable player to his team, but MVP has always been "best player on a good team". 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, fantasick said:

Wow who turned off the stove. This guy got cold! From high 50% and 8 threes to 42% and stuck at 8... cost them the game too

You realize that without curry warriors would lose like 95% of their games right? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

You realize that without curry warriors would lose like 95% of their games right? 

I disagree. A high pedigree coach like Kerr. Wiggins, Oubre and those scrubs, I think the percentage would be like 72%

• Haha 1
On 5/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, ez2do4now said:

My opponent has Curry. He is killing me this week and it's only been 2 games with 2 more to go. Ugh.

Opponent also has Tim Hardaway Jr. who dropped 10 treys topping Curry's 8. And guess what .... them two are playing today. Ugh.