NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

Come to think of it, my build last season (nabbed Curry with the 9th I think) was also punting assists. After Curry's injury and other assorted misfortune it quickly turned into punt wins though

Posted Images

1 minute ago, magic32 said:

so why Turnovers??? there are lots of other categories that can replace it if you are looking for a tie-breaker. Why one that you would "punt" anyway? that makes no sense. Especially a category that penalizes the best players usually. I never understood people that actually chose to play with that category. 

Like I said it’s not a big deal. TO is a lot better than DD or assist to turnover ratio or whatever. For example DD whose gonna get targeted first overall? Def not Curry lol. All the bigs like Drummond KAT Love etc are all gone by round 3. 

Also let me add usually you do lose every time in TO to bad teams but those playoffs he’s definitely going to be in the championship round TO is  A LOT closer than you think. Power teams TO is a category to check. Bad teams who cares u lose TO u win everything else besides maybe FT and FG %

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not everyone who plays in a standard 9-cat league punts TOs.  Only the teams that want to win do. 😜

wouldn't it be better to play in a league where you didn't have to punt anything, and try to build a well-rounded team and not worry that your best players may cause you a championship cause they have the ball a lot?

• Like 1

You can argue in favor of Harden, AD and Curry as #1.  

I would rank them as Harden, Curry, then AD.  You can't pass on Harden because you think he might get traded. It would be extremely rare for a superstar to get traded during the season. Even, if he were traded, say to BKN. There is still a good chance that he might still be the best player on the team.  Sure, KD appears to be a HOFer.  But, he is coming off a very serious injury.  One that has derailed many great athletes across multiple sports.  The number of players who have suffered the same injury and returned to any semblence of all star caliber play is small.  If anyone can do it, he might be one.  However, he has also been nicked up a lot over the past several seasons. 

Not only is AD an injury risk, but he is also a LM risk. They may rotate him and LBJ in and out of the lineup until later in the season. I would be surprised if either plays more than 65 games this season.

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, and you don't doubt Steph Curry. As noted, the Ws are all in this season. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, magic32 said:

wouldn't it be better to play in a league where you didn't have to punt anything, and try to build a well-rounded team and not worry that your best players may cause you a championship cause they have the ball a lot?

It’s really up to the commissioner and what the players vote on. I’ve played with TO for over 10 years and I’m telling you it’s really not that big of a deal.

I like having TO's as a category because it creates more balance in players values and more room to strategize. I mean I still punt TO's cuz elite players are bad at that category. But it gives lesser teams a bit more of a chance to beat you. All the great players are not perfect and just like in the games played on court, turnovers are a negative stat that should be incorporated in fantasy as well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, magic32 said:

There are teams that do not punt TOs. They look for highly efficient players like Chris Paul, etc. The problem is NBA players who handle the ball and score a lot tend to have more TOs.  There is a trade off to be made.  You can balance a roster with few higher TO guys with guys who have lower TOs. 

I was also being a little facetious on teams that want to win punting TOs. I have seen several teams compete and even win their league with moderate TO builds. However, I have found it is more difficult when you have top level scorers. Some of those guys are TO machines.

As noted, it can be a tie breaker. However, I believe it is really more of a hold over because early H2H leagues were typically 9 cat.  Over the last 10 years, we have starting seeing a variety of category settings in an effort to change things up and create different strategies. 

There is nothing wrong with 8-cat leagues, 9-cat leagues, or 20-cat leagues. Similarly, some leagues set limits on rostered positions or have multiple starters at the same position in lineups.  I find categories like OREB, DD, TD, TF, etc. too difficult to assess and to be inconsistent with results to be more luck than skill, not that there isn't a significant amount of luck in fantasy sports to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Why luka so high? Not saying you are wrong just wondering 

You don’t have Luka cracking Top 5? He has the ability and the chance to crack it, just like Lillard. Almost a triple double threat every night.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, magic32 said:

umm, does your league play without FT% or something?

I think this is why I don't have Luka and Giannis in my top 10. Both will tank my ft%. I'm actually stunned at how bad Giannis got. He was making steady improvements until a couple of years ago when his FT shooting went sideways. Lukas FT attempts is what holds me back from drafting him so early. Over 9 a game. He started last season at a very good clip and then just tailed off afterwards. 70-75% doesn't do it for me at that many attempts. But that's just a preference thing. Professional basketball players that can't hit their free throws is a pet peeve of mine lol.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SicarioSanity said:

What about KAT? Due for a bounce back year. The only concerns from that group is AD for load management, Curry question mark of the injuries and Giannis forces you to punt FT%. 

I have him number 6 to be honest luka 7th trey 8th jokic 9th Beal 10th. Jokic does get stronger second half but he’s always a big disappointment first half.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

I mean yeah he could be. Idk do you think he makes that leap? He was a second rounder last year. Whereas players I’ve mentioned have been first rounder for multiple seasons.

With the moves Atlanta made and possible addition of Bogdanovic I think I’d take Tatum over Trae he should take an even bigger leap and with his playmaking in the bubble I have no doubts he’s a first rounder going forward. Just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

With the moves Atlanta made and possible addition of Bogdanovic I think I’d take Tatum over Trae he should take an even bigger leap and with his playmaking in the bubble I have no doubts he’s a first rounder going forward. Just my opinion 

You could be right but I feel like trey is the man in Atlanta offensively. He’s number 1 scoring option so that’s not going away cause he’s like let me look for my shot first and if I can’t get it pass it. Even with bogdan trey might not average 30 points but he will average like 27 with more assists and possibly more steals. I mean it’s all preliminary if I see taytum take control during preseason games his stock in my eyes goes up. Losing Hayward means nothing Hayward was 4th option.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

Also Bogdan is not an all star player. Career high of 15 ppg last season you would think he knows better than to demand touches. I actually take it back, trey averages 30 ppg and bogdan decreases his ppg scoring. He’s 27 years old too ( bogdan ) so trey is already better than him being like 6 years younger.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Also Bogdan is not an all star player. Career high of 15 ppg last season you would think he knows better than to demand touches. I actually take it back, trey averages 30 ppg and bogdan decreases his ppg scoring. He’s 27 years old too ( bogdan ) so trey is already better than him being like 6 years younger.

Of course it’s not a comparison and Trae will feast. With Gallo, Collins, young guys, Rondo and possibly Bogdanovic that’s a lot of shots. I agree the assists should go up 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Of course it’s not a comparison and Trae will feast. With Gallo, Collins, young guys, Rondo and possibly Bogdanovic that’s a lot of shots. I agree the assists should go up 

Gallo there’s always that injury stuff he can never shake. Young Rondo Bog is not a concern for me when it comes to trey getting his when he wants his. He’s their star he’s their young up and coming selection. The others are there for that playoff push and rondo especially is there to teach young how to play defense cause trey is trash on defense.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook