NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

My man ❤️

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Just found out I'll have the 9th pick in my league draft this season.  So no point of me even following this thread that I created. *sighs*

Who knows man, u might me lucky hands.

1 Harden 2 KAT 3 Gianni 4 AD 5 LBJ 6 Jokic 7 Dame 8 Luka ... I've seen Trae, Book and Tatum taken TOP 10. So be optimistic

Edited by Stefan
4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Who knows man, u might me lucky hands.

1 Harden 2 KAT 3 Gianni 4 AD 5 LBJ 6 Jokic 7 Dame 8 Luka ... I've seen Trae, Book and Tatum taken TOP 10. So be optimistic

My league is 8 cat Roto, so no TOs, and can't punt any cats if you wanna win. Still think Steph would be available at 9? Inexplicably, Yahoo has Steph at #9 in their pre-draft rankings. If anyone feels like helping out with my post in the Assistant Coach Help Forum with my #9 pick, I'd appreciate it : 

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

Just found out I'll have the 9th pick in my league draft this season.  So no point of me even following this thread that I created. *sighs*

Shouldn't be too bad but you should always keep your fingers crossed someone messes up early in the draft. I did a mock draft where I was 7th and still ended up with KAT since the first pick was Doncic & the 3rd guy took Giannis. 😕

37 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Shouldn't be too bad but you should always keep your fingers crossed someone messes up early in the draft. I did a mock draft where I was 7th and still ended up with KAT since the first pick was Doncic & the 3rd guy took Giannis. 😕

WTF? your league is not legit then.  Everyone in my league knows their **** and is experienced. No way in hell those guys get drafted top 3 and Kat is available at 7. I bet someone took Lebron early too?

1 minute ago, magic32 said:

WTF? your league is not legit then.  Everyone in my league knows their **** and is experienced. No way in hell those guys get drafted top 3 and Kat is available at 7. I bet someone took Lebron early too?

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Honestly, I've done several mock drafts and every time both those guys are gone by the 7-8th pick. I am hopeful that this trend continues in my leagues so that one of the guards fall into my lap if I get a late pick lol.

28 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Honestly, I've done several mock drafts and every time both those guys are gone by the 7-8th pick. I am hopeful that this trend continues in my leagues so that one of the guards fall into my lap if I get a late pick lol.

What kind of league settings were those mock drafts and where did Steph go?

I think anyone drafting him should be encouraged especially with what he said here in his latest interview with The Undefeated:

Stephen Curry: “We know we can compete with anyone in the league. It’s kind of crazy. We know how great Klay is. Don’t get me wrong. But we hear the chatter. ‘It’s the end of for us. This year is a wash. What are we going to do in the future?’ But we are in the moment right now. It’s kind of refreshing being in that category as guys that are chasing. We know [the Los Angeles Lakers] are the defending champs. We got to beat them. We’re ready for it.”

Sounds like he's willing to go all out to prove his Warriors are still a championship caliber team & carry the load.

Edited by tazdingo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What do you guys like to do for punts/builds with Curry? 

I was thinking punt blocks might be the way to go since that's really his only weak category. His fg% is really strong for a high-usage guard so I wouldn't necessarily need to punt that. Maybe in the 2nd round I can target bigs like Ayton and Vuc, and later on grab Sabonis, Randle or Love etc.

Another possible one is punt assists, since he's usually around 6 apg which is still low enough that you don't feel like you're wasting a strong category. This lets me focus on wings and bigs and not have to worry about PGs too much throughout the draft. Also might actually help my fg% too.

Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

I am punting assists with Curry/AD from my keeper league. Considering keeping Jaylen Brown to follow the theme. I am targeting Nurkic/Ingram for the first two rounds.

Honestly why even bother punting? Your center averages 3-4 assists per game and Curry should be good for another 6 or so.

I feel your team should be so good with those 2 as anchors that you can build a very good no-punt team.

• Like 2
On 11/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Gallo there’s always that injury stuff he can never shake. Young Rondo Bog is not a concern for me when it comes to trey getting his when he wants his. He’s their star he’s their young up and coming selection. The others are there for that playoff push and rondo especially is there to teach young how to play defense cause trey is trash on defense.

Rondo is not a good defender. This coming from a Rondo fan. 

7 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Come to think of it, my build last season (nabbed Curry with the 9th I think) was also punting assists. After Curry's injury and other assorted misfortune it quickly turned into punt wins though

AHHAhAhahaahhahAhhaha nice 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Ok so I said I wouldn't draft Curry... now I'm changing my mind :D 

You only now realized that Curry is available and maybe not load-managed? All coming season is not similar to what we have seen in past. It is Covid-19 season. We have to be almost sure that about 1/3 of players have pauses due to illness. Is it Covid-19 or not, if player have fever he certainly miss a week or two because everybody has to be cautious. That season is not such when we can do some conclusions by who is injury prone. Almost everyone has chance to miss extended period. That's why I don't count on load management because finally Kawhi can play more matches than for example Jokic or KAT. We don't know anything in advance and that makes drafting unpredictable.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, apatas said:

You only now realized that Curry is available and maybe not load-managed? All coming season is not similar to what we have seen in past. It is Covid-19 season. We have to be almost sure that about 1/3 of players have pauses due to illness. Is it Covid-19 or not, if player have fever he certainly miss a week or two because everybody has to be cautious. That season is not such when we can do some conclusions by who is injury prone. Almost everyone has chance to miss extended period. That's why I don't count on load management because finally Kawhi can play more matches than for example Jokic or KAT. We don't know anything in advance and that makes drafting unpredictable.

That's all fine, and I agree. But I'm still not drafting MOST OF injury prone/load managment guys like Embiid, Griffin, Love, Irving, Wall, Kemba, Porzingis. 

Edited by Stefan
7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

That's all fine, and I agree. But I'm still not drafting MOST OF injury prone/load managment guys like Embiid, Griffin, Love, Irving, Wall, Kemba, Porzingis. 

I agree with these players who already injured at the start of the season like Kemba and Porzingis. Griffin has always been risk but one season when I drafted him he was realtively healthy. Then he got injured right before our league play-off, but in this time I didn't make into play-offs and therefore Griffin didn't do damage for me. Surely Wall is on minutes restrictions that is also well-known. Irving has other problems also like bad attitude. I can draft him if he fell too far. But I don't agree about Embiid and Love (in my opinion he has not been too much injured?). Embiid is superproductive player who is basically certain TOP10 by his average stats. If he will not play 10 matches of 72 it is not yet a tragedy. Embiid is my target at the beginning of the 2nd round.

Edited by apatas
4 hours ago, Stefan said:

@apatas go ahead target Embiid early 2nd. But you have been warned. Doc said like month ago that Embiid will be load managed. And If u want to win anything in fantasy your 2nd best player can't be load managing. Trust me

Yeah agreed. I've been burned in the past taking injury-prone/load managed guys in the first couple of rounds. For rounds 1-3 and even up to 4, I always prefer proven commodities and HEALTHY players who have a tendency to play as much as possible

• Like 1
On 11/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, magic32 said:

I have the 9th Pick aswell and I had several Mock drafts where I ended up with steph. Don't ask my why.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, SilenceTS said:

I have the 9th Pick aswell and I had several Mock drafts where I ended up with steph. Don't ask my why.

I wish. That would never happen in my league everyone knows their sh!t. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook