NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

My man ❤️

Posted Images

13 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

I'm sold, he offers the best combination of upside and floor of anyone in the top 5. 

He's #1 on my board. I have the 3rd pick in my draft, im praying he falls to me.

With the Harden uncertainty, plus my bias being a Warrior fan, I’ve got Steph #1 as well. Really believe he’s gonna go off off this year. Too much Steph slander for him to not wanna “make that old” again. 

I think Curry will struggle to find rhythm with his new teammates and not be able to adopt so easily. Do not underestimate the loss of Klay Thompson and his defensive presence. The Warriors should try to trade Wiggins for disgruntled Sacramento King Buddy Hield. That would be a better fit for this Warriors team as they try to navigate this season without the great Klay Thompson. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ReAmiE said:

I think Curry will struggle to find rhythm with his new teammates and not be able to adopt so easily. Do not underestimate the loss of Klay Thompson and his defensive presence. The Warriors should try to trade Wiggins for disgruntled Sacramento King Buddy Hield. That would be a better fit for this Warriors team as they try to navigate this season without the great Klay Thompson. 

It's hard to focus on the text with your profile picture.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, fabrar said:

Curry is about to put the fear of God into the heart of the league again. Mvp season incoming, calling it now. 

Very bold- you are calling that a 2x MVP and best shooter of all-time could be the MVP?  He's pretty much had MVP caliber seasons any time he is healthy, health is the only blocker I think most would agree.  

7 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

Very bold- you are calling that a 2x MVP and best shooter of all-time could be the MVP?  He's pretty much had MVP caliber seasons any time he is healthy, health is the only blocker I think most would agree.  

I disagree. Fabrar is going out on a limb here calling this an MVP season before the season began because we all know Curry doesnt have Klay or Durant so he will be the number 1 scoring option and focal point on offense so his assists will be there as well, especially on a team good enough to compete for the last couple of playoff spots so no real threat of missed games/load managment. We all know Curry when healthy has 2 straight MVP awards 1 being the only unanimous MVP and also clearly miles ahead the best shooter in the history of mankind. I will be shocked if a healthy Curry becomes MVP this season.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I disagree. Fabrar is going out on a limb here calling this an MVP season before the season began because we all know Curry doesnt have Klay or Durant so he will be the number 1 scoring option and focal point on offense so his assists will be there as well, especially on a team good enough to compete for the last couple of playoff spots so no real threat of missed games/load managment. We all know Curry when healthy has 2 straight MVP awards 1 being the only unanimous MVP and also clearly miles ahead the best shooter in the history of mankind. I will be shocked if a healthy Curry becomes MVP this season.

Understood, I guess when I think "MVP" I more associate it with his level of play which is always MVP-caliber.  Getting the actual NBA mvp is subjective to wins etc and not individual play, but with that said while they don't have KD & Klay, they do have Oubre, Wiggins, and now Wiseman so far from a scrub roster.  Also, Steph had his best season without KD there as his usage was much higher, which I expect to see again this year.  People forget that KD is arguably the best player in the league and when you have to share a court with him things change quickly.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

Understood, I guess when I think "MVP" I more associate it with his level of play which is always MVP-caliber.  Getting the actual NBA mvp is subjective to wins etc and not individual play, but with that said while they don't have KD & Klay, they do have Oubre, Wiggins, and now Wiseman so far from a scrub roster.  Also, Steph had his best season without KD there as his usage was much higher, which I expect to see again this year.  People forget that KD is arguably the best player in the league and when you have to share a court with him things change quickly.  

you have convinced me, stephen curry is above luka donkitch for me.

The good news is that Curry is gonna have high usage all year and should rack up counting stats because no one else on the warriors can create a shot to save their life

The bad news is that Curry's probably not averaging more that 30 mpg from all the blowouts and garbage time this team seems destined for

1 hour ago, blazeh said:

The good news is that Curry is gonna have high usage all year and should rack up counting stats because no one else on the warriors can create a shot to save their life

The bad news is that Curry's probably not averaging more that 30 mpg from all the blowouts and garbage time this team seems destined for

yep, not to mention early season shutdown...I'm worried about all the blowouts, reminds me when Durant first got there..Curry was only playing 3 quarters, not what you want from your 1st pick, a 3 quarter player...Only hope is Green makes them just competitive enough for Curry to play the 4th quarter, smh...

1 hour ago, blazeh said:

Yes. Nobody on the Warriors can create a shot. Not Oubre, not Wiggins and not Damion Lee. Wow it’s like those guys all forgot how to shoot magically this year after 1 game.

/s

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes. Nobody on the Warriors can create a shot. Not Oubre, not Wiggins and not Damion Lee. Wow it’s like those guys all forgot how to shoot magically this year after 1 game.

Shot creation ≠ shooting ability. Wiggins can create shots for himself but not others, while Oubre's thrived in more of a catch and shoot capacity. Damion Lee fits your description but he's not an encouraging example. Steph is best when he has someone to set him up so he can play more off ball like he did when the team was dominant; it especially helps his efficiency.

The return of a true playmaker in draymond will benefit all shooters. Problem is I'm not convinced they'll be good even if he comes back strong. And anyone who owned dray last year knows kerr plays it painfully safe with stars when things are looking bad

3 hours ago, mattshhh said:

Shot creation ≠ shooting ability. Wiggins can create shots for himself but not others, while Oubre's thrived in more of a catch and shoot capacity. Damion Lee fits your description but he's not an encouraging example. Steph is best when he has someone to set him up so he can play more off ball like he did when the team was dominant; it especially helps his efficiency.

The return of a true playmaker in draymond will benefit all shooters. Problem is I'm not convinced they'll be good even if he comes back strong. And anyone who owned dray last year knows kerr plays it painfully safe with stars when things are looking bad

The Dubs were on a tanking mission last year.  The numerous Draymond DNP’s had as much to do with their indifference to losing as it did with health.  I’m expecting him to show up a lot more this season and make things easier on everyone else (ie; Curry) as their new players start to gel. 

Still, I strongly doubt we’ll be seeing the > 47% FG Curry this year, but the volume could be epic. 

It's really amazing how less effective he is when he doesn't have other high IQ players with him, he has to work so hard to score and doesn't have the ball handling skills to just take over whenever he wants like a Kyrie Irving. It's early, but starting to regret taking him in my first round we will have to hope with Draymond Green they are better but it is NOT looking good and Curry just doesn't look elite anymore. 

4 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

It's really amazing how less effective he is when he doesn't have other high IQ players with him, he has to work so hard to score and doesn't have the ball handling skills to just take over whenever he wants like a Kyrie Irving. It's early, but starting to regret taking him in my first round we will have to hope with Draymond Green they are better but it is NOT looking good and Curry just doesn't look elite anymore. 

He's also just kinda old now and has never been a huge "work on his body" type guy like Lebron or hell even KD.  I think there's like a 30% chance he retires at the end of this deal and tries to play golf professionally.  I'm serious.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook