NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old horror, been a Warrios fan since 1990 (so steph is a big deal <3) , soooooo here we are (actually, get the other hand done tomorrow funnily enough!)

It’s not legit. He stated he did a MOCK draft.

Come to think of it, my build last season (nabbed Curry with the 9th I think) was also punting assists. After Curry's injury and other assorted misfortune it quickly turned into punt wins though

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The Warriors second unit looks like it might be one of the worst in history. Steph is gonna need to drop 50 for them to win a game. They need Draymond bad

Problem is I don't think he can anymore with this roster, he would have help from not being the primary ball handler in the past and be able to move well without the ball with the threat of Klay and KD to leave him more open now he has none of that. The more his team sucks the more he will get double and triple team'd and Steph doesn't have Kyrie Irving handles to take over whenever he wants he always has to give the ball up. 

It's not looking great for curry owners but selling low before dray returns is short-sighted. A silver lining from the game if you watched is Wiseman looks legit as an impact center. As for the 2nd unit problems idk what they can do except stagger minutes so wiggins gets to do his thing w/o bringing down steph. Really sad we might never see the Steph/Klay/Dray trio at full capacity again

Didnt thhis happen with harden a few seasons ago where the rockets started with a terrible record and they still ended up in playoffs? I am going all in for steph and being able to get him now where i wont have to pay full price is a bonus. Steve Kerr isn't the kind of guy where he admits defeat, there is no doubt threat they will work it out and steph will be (at his floor) a top 10 guy. 

Stop stressing its a new team and they are trying to figure it out as they go. They have played 2 top 5 teams so of course a team working things out are gonna be rusty. Steph is steph he isnt gonna forget how to shoot.

• Thanks 1

It’s a new team. The only new pieces is Wiseman a center and Oubre. Wiggins was there last year and the bench for the most part besides Wanamaker was there. It’s not the chemistry per se, it’s that they are not making shots and the defense is bad. I don’t care who is new or who is old. Draymond is not erasing 30 and 40 point loses.

This is definitely not how you want your first round pick to start out but I think a little patience is in order. This is still a new team trying to gel together, and honestly a lot of the blame is on Kerr as well. He's trying to run the motion offense but he doesn't have the personnel for it. I think with some adjustment and time together, the team will be better and curry will be back to form. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Problem is I don't think he can anymore with this roster, he would have help from not being the primary ball handler in the past and be able to move well without the ball with the threat of Klay and KD to leave him more open now he has none of that. The more his team sucks the more he will get double and triple team'd and Steph doesn't have Kyrie Irving handles to take over whenever he wants he always has to give the ball up. 

I think them trading away Russell might hurt them in the long run. Russell and Curry had the potential to be great.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Stephen Curry 2020-2021 Outlook
49 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Do that in a real game I dare you, I double dare you m otherf***er

I mean it's much easier when you're just shooting in 1 spot the entire time as opposed to running in circles, stop catch and shoot or dribbling to a spot and shoot. Still impressive though. 

I worry this guy is gonna get hurt trying to carry the team too much.

Hes far and away the top option on offense and theres gonna be too much burden on him to score and make plays happen. Hes shown himself vulnerable to injury the past few years and is only getting older, and hes not exactly the biggest strongest guy out there, so him trying to make too much happen too often might make him more susceptible to another injury.

I hope it's not the case, just something I noticed watching him trying to make plays happen these first couple games. I dont think Draymond is the answer. They need oubre or Wiggins to really step up, or maybe Wiseman can get a consistent 20, he seems legit.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, fabrar said:

This is definitely not how you want your first round pick to start out but I think a little patience is in order. This is still a new team trying to gel together, and honestly a lot of the blame is on Kerr as well. He's trying to run the motion offense but he doesn't have the personnel for it. I think with some adjustment and time together, the team will be better and curry will be back to form. 

Fabrar my man, I agree w/ most of this outside of Kerr is trying to run a motion offense and he doesn’t have the personnel for it. A motion offense is just what it says “motion”. His team is young and athletic which is perfect for constant movement, back door screens and p-n-r. Main problem I see is poor shooting (no offensive rebs for 2nd shots) and poor defense. Getting Draymond back should help on both ends but guys need to start hitting their shots. 

1 hour ago, megaplayboy said:

if he can't do it against Chicago, then we should be concerned 

lmao @ "concerned" dude is a 2-time MVP living legend still in his prime who has been consistently dominant for almost a decade and yall acting like he's gonna randomly regress to Terry Rozier 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, alexstr said:

lmao @ "concerned" dude is a 2-time MVP living legend still in his prime who has been consistently dominant for almost a decade and yall acting like he's gonna randomly regress to Terry Rozier 😄

Agreed but he is shooting like Devonte Graham right now.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, affliction said:

Makes 100 wide open practice threes in a row media goes wild next day 2/9

dude doesn't even look motivated at all. gsw might as well just trade him and Klay and get some picks and start rebuild. Only reason I drafted him was because by going into luxury tax I believed they were going to do everything in their power to push for playoffs and they needed to give curry all the minutes he could handle. But, it's not looking good tbh. might try to offload him. 

Just now, halbounih said:

dude doesn't even look motivated at all. gsw might as well just trade him and Klay and get some picks and start rebuild. Only reason I drafted him was because by going into luxury tax I believed they were going to do everything in their power to push for playoffs and they needed to give curry all the minutes he could handle. But, it's not looking good tbh. might try to offload him. 

Yeah he isn’t motivated he knows this team has no chance. They need to trade Draymond 

• Like 1